Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2023, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by The Lev
Now that we're on to the September menu, is the Aperol Spritz still a thing?
To answer my own question, yes it is still on the menu. Mine had a bit too much Aperol and not enough Spritz.
Melville likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 1:02 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Your post is confusing given service delivery sequence. Your meal is delivered from a meal cart and the "topper" with wine choices is right on top (alternative beverages on request). First wine offering. The trolley with wine and bread comes around a second time to pick up appetizer dishes prior to plating. Second wine offering. And other top-ops provided proactively or on request. Doesn't make sense.
Here is what appeared to happen. My meal seemed to come right from the galley (special meal request) not off the normal cart. I had an empty wine glass on my table, but nothing offered. THen they came by and asked if I wanted bread…I replied no and they immediately went down the aisle to the next row of people . Same empty wine glass on table. No one offered a refill.

I did flag someone down later to get a glass of wine, but surely someone should ask if you want something when 2 people come by and you have an empty wine glass sitting there. To be fair, they did offer drinks with desser.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:39 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
ATH-YUL September 2023

Terrible appetizer - tasted slimy

Delicious beef

Terrible snack
Carfield, reggiekush and meepmix like this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:10 pm

I'm kinda curious how the chicken gyro and saganaki prawns would look like. I'd also be curious as to how they do the flaming part of presenting the saganaki prawns.
The Lev likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:19 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
I'm kinda curious how the chicken gyro and saganaki prawns would look like. I'd also be curious as to how they do the flaming part of presenting the saganaki prawns.
Climb outside to the APU exhaust pipe, ask the pilot to start the APU, done.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
Climb outside to the APU exhaust pipe, ask the pilot to start the APU, done.
Now now. I don't think it'd be *THAT* bad. Although some of the dishes do look like someone dropped a grenade on them. 😁
Old Sep 12, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by mapleg
Here is what appeared to happen. My meal seemed to come right from the galley (special meal request) not off the normal cart. I had an empty wine glass on my table, but nothing offered. THen they came by and asked if I wanted bread…I replied no and they immediately went down the aisle to the next row of people . Same empty wine glass on table. No one offered a refill.

I did flag someone down later to get a glass of wine, but surely someone should ask if you want something when 2 people come by and you have an empty wine glass sitting there. To be fair, they did offer drinks with desser.
Wine should have been offered proactively, granted. Communication is a two way-street. If in the event that it was regrettably overlooked, simply flag somebody down or press your call bell.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Ac881 zrh-yyz

Usual smoked salmon. As someone who does not like potato salad, this version is nice.

Delighted to see the sea bass back on rotation on this flight. No second bread serving with the main course.
meepmix likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC 75k
AMS-YUL. Phone was stowed in the overhead bin so no photos, but the shrimp appetizer was nice, and I enjoyed a decent salmon main, not overcooked. SDs and FAs need a little customer relations training though, no intro and bare minimum interaction on a day flight.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 5:47 pm

Ac878/16sep yul/tls

meepmix likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC.SE
YVR-NRT

Anyone else have that weird prawn and pineapple appetizer? It's apparently a Hawksworth effort. It came with red cocktail sauce (in a little plastic tub, but the only thing on the plate that had real flavor) and a green, creamy sauce identified as guacamole. Quite a poor effort, both in presentation as well as in taste.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:54 am

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
Originally Posted by ylwae
Anyone else have that weird prawn and pineapple appetizer? It's apparently a Hawksworth effort. It came with red cocktail sauce (in a little plastic tub, but the only thing on the plate that had real flavor) and a green, creamy sauce identified as guacamole. Quite a poor effort, both in presentation as well as in taste.
We had it on YVR - LHR late last week.

Both of us liked the concept but neither the presentation nor the delivery.

We are going to try a version when we get home. We will grill the pineapple on the bbq, use some sweet Thai chilli sauce with ponzu and ignore the so called guacamole.

The beef was pretty good. The cod was cold and not that pleasant.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
AC93 SCL-YYZ. Got a kick out of this backwards menu (shows dinner in the morning with breakfast before our 7pm landing):
meepmix likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:05 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by ylwae
I had it YUL-LHR a few days ago. Not the worst appetizer AC has done but not the best either, nothing I would ever eat given a choice. I don't know what Air Canada's obsession is with cold seafood appetizers but I wish they would knock it off.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I had it YUL-LHR a few days ago. Not the worst appetizer AC has done but not the best either, nothing I would ever eat given a choice. I don't know what Air Canada's obsession is with cold seafood appetizers but I wish they would knock it off.
Not having seen it, likely some form of ceviche. Seafood has often as been seen as a higher class appetizer. Whether it actually lives up to that reputation is another story. I mean if you look at it, the most commonly known version is usually a shrimp cocktail. Not necessarily a good thing, but something to keep certain customers happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.