Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Wigg
Update - I received an e mail for pre-order yesterday. Definitely fewer than the 30 days promoted by the program
Maybe they are still figuring things out on some routes? I have a flight on Oct 24 and I got the email this morning, exactly 30 days before the flight.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mrdisco
Was it served this way i.e. dinner in the morning followed by breakfast before arrival, or did the crew reverse it?
The SD seemed confused. She hadn't realized the menu was wrong. It was served in the proper order, reverse of the menu.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by SkyExplorerYYZ
Maybe they are still figuring things out on some routes? I have a flight on Oct 24 and I got the email this morning, exactly 30 days before the flight.
Strange. I'm still waiting/hoping for one for the 23rd
Old Sep 25, 2023, 4:05 pm

AC841/23SEP FRA/YYZ - Morning dinner

Is it normal for a 09h20 departure to start with dinner ?

As others have noted, the curry was pretty good - though no (spice) heat to it.

Breakfast on my intro-Europe inbound w/LH was superb.

Why can’t AC provide fresh bread ?

Separately, FRA MLL was a nightmare. PAX queued out the door. I dropped in the Senator lounge as backup.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:05 am

Does anyone know what the PDB prosecco is? FA specifically described it as prosecco as opposed to champagne and it tasted quite different than the champagne I had later during the flight. Ex FRA if that makes a difference.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Watch Commander
Does anyone know what the PDB prosecco is? FA specifically described it as prosecco as opposed to champagne and it tasted quite different than the champagne I had later during the flight. Ex FRA if that makes a difference.
The PDB Prosecco is Bottega Gold or sometimes it gets substituted for another version of it. Champagne is not served during boarding cause it has something to do with paying taxes and duties on the champagne if it is opened. LP is served in-flight.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by Clark_Shuster
Is it normal for a 09h20 departure to start with dinner ?
I asked that over a month ago, apparently it has to do with dinner being the main meal. Response: Post 1038.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K

Sorry for the bad lighting. I flew YYZ - DXB the other day and got an omelette with a chickpea and kale stew for breakfast. It was delicious and a nice change from the typical sausage/potato/cheese omelette. Not sure if it's the typical offering for Middle Eastern and Indian routes, first time flying to this region with AC.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by MNLIST
Sorry for the bad lighting. I flew YYZ - DXB the other day and got an omelette with a chickpea and kale stew for breakfast. It was delicious and a nice change from the typical sausage/potato/cheese omelette. Not sure if it's the typical offering for Middle Eastern and Indian routes, first time flying to this region with AC.
I believe that's the Omelette they serve on their India subcontinent routes. I checked the menu for my upcoming flight to DEL and it has the same breakfast option....even though we land at roughly 9pm...interesting
Old Sep 30, 2023, 1:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
I believe that's the Omelette they serve on their India subcontinent routes. I checked the menu for my upcoming flight to DEL and it has the same breakfast option....even though we land at roughly 9pm...interesting
YYZ - DXB lands at 8pm and we got breakfast for pre-landing. Sounds like the same service flow as India then. The main meal was express service with cheese + desert + appetizer altogether. No garlic bread refills
Old Sep 30, 2023, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by MNLIST
YYZ - DXB lands at 8pm and we got breakfast for pre-landing. Sounds like the same service flow as India then. The main meal was express service with cheese + desert + appetizer altogether. No garlic bread refills
I sure hope the DEL route does not serve express dinner. Usually it gets annotated on the menu. Its a 15hr flight so if they are doing an express service....that would be interesting.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
The shrimp and pineapple appetizer, as seen in the wild:

Eagle2000 and meepmix like this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
LHR-YYZ
garlic bread was meh, especially since i had perfect warm soft inside/lightly crispy outside/both sides buttered bread on the previous SQ flight. butter chicken was good, although could've had a few more spoonful's of rice. Snack sandwiches were meh.
Attached Images  
Eagle2000 and meepmix like this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 1:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
The shrimp and pineapple appetizer, as seen in the wild:

the shrimp was slimy and nasty! It must go!
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Updated wine list

Here is the updated wine list. Wasn't a big fan of the Austrian red but the Thirty Bench is good and at $25 from the winery, slightly above AC's typical meagre wine budget. ​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.