Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2023, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Eagle2000
9/10 This Harissa Chicken was superb. Also glad it was chicken thigh not breast. More flavour. I know nothing about North African Cuisine however I think in the future I may investigate further. Loved that it was spicy.
Another vote for the Harissa Chicken option currently on outbound TATLs (YUL-FRA in my case). It's excellent: easily one of the best AC J meals I've had in years. The chicken is not dry, the sauce is medium-spicy, very tasty, and abundant. I honestly really enjoyed it.

Old Oct 31, 2023, 6:24 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum

Cabin mood lighting did not help this appetizer shine… nor did the takeout style plastic cup and lid with the sauce.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:26 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Posting this in the interest of balance, J meal was so much better (unsurprisingly?) on AC6 NRT-YUL return. Nothing major just much better quality and more food. I would STFU if they maintained this (attainable) standard. Went George Costanza and had the beef which was surprisingly good and medium (I usually eat it rare but understand the constraints of beef at 35,000 feet). Amazing what a few extra veg and properly roasted potatoes can do. Even the desert did not look stingy, parsely omelette japan version was also much better than what comes out of YUL. The difference between YUL and NRT catering is staggering and should not be so in a business class product. But this is consitently inconsistent AC we are talking about. Will still write in to note the discrepancy.

The Lev, Benner and Dave510 like this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Had the lamb chops coming back from Vienna on Monday and they were tender and very tasty.

I'm a +1 on the positive reviews on the Harissa Chicken. Looks like the ex-Canada menu is changing for November (the Hawksworth risotto is the one hold-over). Based on the Harissa chicken, I might have to give the butter chicken a try in a couple of weeks.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:33 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by The Lev
Had the lamb chops coming back from Vienna on Monday and they were tender and very tasty.

I'm a +1 on the positive reviews on the Harissa Chicken. Looks like the ex-Canada menu is changing for November (the Hawksworth risotto is the one hold-over). Based on the Harissa chicken, I might have to give the butter chicken a try in a couple of weeks.
Ms. Boh pre-ordered the Butter Chicken for our run down to SCL tomorrow. I'll get some notes (and pix) from her and let you know.
The Lev and yulscs like this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: AC 75k
Was uncertain about an item that had to be described as ‘flavourful’, but was pleasantly surprised (Yul-Fra).

Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by chris-price
Was uncertain about an item that had to be described as ‘flavourful’, but was pleasantly surprised (Yul-Fra).

If AC catering on long haul J class always has one entree as spicy/curry it would improve their product significantly. Should not cost them significantly any more to prep such a dish.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
If AC catering on long haul J class always has one entree as spicy/curry it would improve their product significantly. Should not cost them significantly any more to prep such a dish.
I TOTALLY agree! It's not a cost issue. Recent dishes which I wish were more "fragrant" have included the jerk chicken and the thai chicken curry, both of which have been mild on my radar. Maybe add some optional chile/jalapeno/habanero peppers on the side? Many of us travel with our own pepper sauce.
(Some like it hot)!
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I TOTALLY agree! It's not a cost issue. Recent dishes which I wish were more "fragrant" have included the jerk chicken and the thai chicken curry, both of which have been mild on my radar. Maybe add some optional chile/jalapeno/habanero peppers on the side? Many of us travel with our own pepper sauce.
(Some like it hot)!

https://supplybox.ca/products/wings-...gn=sag_organic

Hahahahah! I bring this with me every flight!
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport

Direct from Barbados:
delishproducts.com
(The Cucumber Pepper Sauce)
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 8:54 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Direct from Barbados:
delishproducts.com
(The Cucumber Pepper Sauce)
That stuff is the best. They appeared to have some in the small gift shop in BGI too.
Eagle2000 and kuba_kuba like this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat

I discovered this hot sauce when I moved to Canada. It seems to be a staple at food court Chinese, and have grown to love it.

Speaking of spicy food on planes, I will never forget a Beijing to Chengdu flight, where a flight attendant followed the food cart with a jar of hot sauce and a big spoon. Must have been a thing for flights to/from Sichuan, renowned for its numbingly hot (literally - mala) cuisine.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 11:16 am

(Some like it hot)!
I was on a UA flight where the SD supplied passengers with his personal chili supply.
Eagle2000 and yulscs like this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Which is better (or more edible): the Parmesan crusted chicken or braised beef pappardelle? These are my non-seafood options available for my YVR-HKG flight. Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by tobegold
Which is better (or more edible): the Parmesan crusted chicken or braised beef pappardelle? These are my non-seafood options available for my YVR-HKG flight. Thanks.
I had the permesan crusted chicken a while ago on a yyc-fra flight. It was very moist and quite good. Unfortunately meal consistency is not an AC hallmark.
Bohemian1 and Eagle2000 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.