Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Dusit
Looking at the pepersauce supporters I see that I am not alone. I always ask for chili sauce on longhauls or blackbean and garlic sauce on my TPE flights, always to be met with No have. One would hope that AC would get the hint, but no such luck. In AC's, " kitchen" Miracle Whip and No name brand ketchup are considered luxury accoutrements. And yes, I do bring little packets of chili sauce with me when I fly AC.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by tobegold
Which is better (or more edible): the Parmesan crusted chicken or braised beef pappardelle? These are my non-seafood options available for my YVR-HKG flight. Thanks.
Parmesan Crusted CHK hands down
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by yulscs
Another vote for the Harissa Chicken option currently on outbound TATLs (YUL-FRA in my case). It's excellent: easily one of the best AC J meals I've had in years. The chicken is not dry, the sauce is medium-spicy, very tasty, and abundant. I honestly really enjoyed it.

This shows we all have different tastes. I ordered this YYZ-LHR and hated it. The meat, the rivce, the sauce—will never be ordering this again.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Looking at the pepersauce supporters I see that I am not alone. I always ask for chili sauce on longhauls or blackbean and garlic sauce on my TPE flights, always to be met with No have. One would hope that AC would get the hint, but no such luck. In AC's, " kitchen" Miracle Whip and No name brand ketchup are considered luxury accoutrements. And yes, I do bring little packets of chili sauce with me when I fly AC.
The flights from Japan used to have chili sauce when you ordered the Kaiseki meal (sadly that meal no longer seems to be offered).
Old Nov 2, 2023, 8:09 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
On the “Beverage” side of this thread, had a bizarre and first-time-for-me experience of FA’s explicitly slowing me down on drink service this week. It was most certainly not done in a way I would consider professional nor do I feel it was warranted.

Obviously I wasn’t going to get into a debate with FA’s midflight (which is probably a good indicator that I wasn’t a ‘problem’). Returned to my seat and wrote it in. Got a call within 48 hours apologizing on behalf of Air Canada and what I considered a pretty generous offer of Aeroplan points as a goodwill gesture.

Felt a bit strange especially being someone that still remembers the self-serve bar that used to be set up on 777 J cabin. With the points they provided I could redeem for an LCBO gift card for a very good bottle of something, which would be poetic justice, but I’ll likely just add it to total and redeem for something with a better point-to-dollar ratio.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:37 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Based on the interest shown here, Ms. Boh and I both tried the Butter Chicken.

While the dish was nicely composed, not too wet, and with large chunks of chicken, we thought that the dish was overly sweet and could use more spice overall.

Not a bad dish, it could just be better.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
YYZ-CDG
AC872

Airbus A330
Meal: dinner, breakfast

Menu

Appetizer - shrimp, salad, and garlic bread

Main - harissa chicken. Flavor was decent, I didn't eat much of it because I was stuffed from eating in the lounge

Dessert - blueberry cake, very basic

Skipped the breakfast because of speedy tailwinds, flying time was only 6h across the Atlantic.

Overall, meal was fine, pretty much same as my previous AC meals, nothing spectacular. I was, however, most impressed that we departed on time and arrived 1h early. This was my last AC flight for the year, which means that 1 out of 7 flights I had with AC this year arrived early/on-time.
zeer0 and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Had the pasta arrabbiata on J flight Zurich to Toronto. It's edible, but honestly, I have had better penne with Arrabbiata sauce at Saizeriya in Japan. Anyone who knows Saizariya knows it is one of the cheapest places to eat in all of Japan. Their penne dish is 399 yen, or under 4 bucks CAD and has better sauce and a better taste

Come on AC...you can do better than this.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 3:39 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Random question now that AC has said they are back to pre-COVID service with hot towels and PDB’d… is anyone getting hot nuts? The flights I have been on seem to be serving nuts at room temperature. Pre-COVID the nuts were hot, right? When are hot nuts making a comeback?
Old Nov 5, 2023, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wjw
Random question now that AC has said they are back to pre-COVID service with hot towels and PDB’d… is anyone getting hot nuts? The flights I have been on seem to be serving nuts at room temperature. Pre-COVID the nuts were hot, right? When are hot nuts making a comeback?
I've had them on some flights, but not all flights.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've had them on some flights, but not all flights.
I've had provided them consistently on flights, but occasionally due to an inoperative oven/bun warmer tough decisions have to be made. Meals or nuts? Meals triumph.
canadiancow and yulscs like this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 5:57 pm

What is the timing of meal service YVR to AKL? May have to skip one of YOW to YVR, YVR signature lounge or YVR to AKL. Stomach probably can't hold three decent meals......
Old Nov 5, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
What is the timing of meal service YVR to AKL? May have to skip one of YOW to YVR, YVR signature lounge or YVR to AKL. Stomach probably can't hold three decent meals......
Express Dinner after take off, with breakfast before landing. Midflight snacks available.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:47 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
My nuts have been hot/warm about 75% of the time. Garlic bread has been consistently lukewarm.

Not that you eat them, but some of the towels have been so hot as to almost burn with dripping hot water.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

Not that you eat them, but some of the towels have been so hot as to almost burn with dripping hot water.
yes, I’m looking forward to the day I get 3rd degree burns that require skin grafts so I can write in and get a 15% off code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.