Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:02 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by luckyleia
The butter chicken dish has more of a sweet sauce, the chicken came out quite moist still. I wouldn’t do it again as i find it too sweet for my liking.
Totally agree. And not much spice in it either.

I like the idea of this dish, so hopefully a future Version 2 will pack more flavour.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Totally agree. And not much spice in it either.

I like the idea of this dish, so hopefully a future Version 2 will pack more flavour.
This is where you bring your own hot sauce on the flight! LOL
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:10 pm

YVR to HKG dinner appetizer prawn cocktail in October 2023.

YVR to HKG dinner main veal striploin in October 2023.

YVR to HKG in October 2023. Appetizer was prawn and salad. Tasted as expected and nothing particularly special. The slice of pineapple was flavourless. Chose the garlic toast though one day I should probably try the other breads.

Main was veal striploin with risotto and asparagus. Veal arrived pretty long after my appetizer and was quite overcooked and dry. Actually regretted choosing this one. Risotto and asparagus were fine. My mom who was on the same route a week earlier also chose the veal and said hers was moist and great.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:22 pm

HND to YYZ dinner appetizer in October 2023.

HND to YYZ dinner main in October 2023.

HND to YYZ breakfast in October 2023.

HND to YYZ dinner appetizer was prosciutto and salad. This was enjoyable. Notice how different Air Canada catering from Tokyo is compared to its Canadian cities for the same salad and garlic toast they have on board. There was also a prosciutto sandwich available to order anytime.

Dinner main was beef filet. Tender, moist and cooked great. Really enjoyed this one. The rosemary sauce was quite salty though.

Breakfast was beef sukiyaki, noodles (under the beef), rice and a soft boiled egg. I'd read reviews here saying the beef sukiyaki wasn't very good, but I really don't like the Air Canada omelette. The beef was fine and tasted exactly as expected. The soft boiled egg was a perfect Japanese soft boiled egg. I thought the noodles were excessive. The fruit actually had flavour unlike Air Canada catering from Canadian cities.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
AC 842 YYZ-FRA.

I told them I just wanted the cheese. In the past, this has resulted in the full "express" tray, but that's fine.

The menu says "As a quicker, light option, enjoy our Express menu. Your appetizer with salad, cheese and fruit, presented all at once - served right away before the rest of our service."

What is "the rest of our service" ?

They have now taken away my empty nut ramekin, and I can see them serving trays further up. But I'm still waiting for my three pieces of cheese. Though the longer this takes, the more likely I am to eat some of the prawns.

It's really frustrating when I plan my meal/sleep schedule around their advertised procedures, and now I'm 90 minutes into the flight and still don't have my express option.
Transpacificflyer and YOWgary like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
AC 842 YYZ-FRA.

I told them I just wanted the cheese. In the past, this has resulted in the full "express" tray, but that's fine.

The menu says "As a quicker, light option, enjoy our Express menu. Your appetizer with salad, cheese and fruit, presented all at once - served right away before the rest of our service."

What is "the rest of our service" ?

They have now taken away my empty nut ramekin, and I can see them serving trays further up. But I'm still waiting for my three pieces of cheese. Though the longer this takes, the more likely I am to eat some of the prawns.

It's really frustrating when I plan my meal/sleep schedule around their advertised procedures, and now I'm 90 minutes into the flight and still don't have my express option.
Maybe it's time for the call ("Service") button ? (Oh, that's a different thread .)

Not knowing your exact conversation, is it possible the FA thought you wanted to wait until desert? They should know better, as this type of request should be common.
billdokes likes this.

Last edited by Wigg; Nov 20, 2023 at 12:07 am
Old Nov 20, 2023, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Wigg
Maybe it's time for the call ("Service") button ? (Oh, that's a different thread .)

Not knowing your exact conversation, is it possible the FA thought you wanted to wait until desert? They should know better, as this type of request should be common.
They gave it to me as they were giving the trays out to everyone. Doesn't really jive with "served right away before the rest of our service".

But it was definitely before dessert time.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They gave it to me as they were giving the trays out to everyone. Doesn't really jive with "served right away before the rest of our service".

But it was definitely before dessert time.
A little two-way communication goes a long way. Upon requesting an Express meal, I always ask if the Customer would like it right after takeoff or at the normal meal time. Some prefer a quick pre-meal drink and don't want the hot option.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
A little two-way communication goes a long way. Upon requesting an Express meal, I always ask if the Customer would like it right after takeoff or at the normal meal time. Some prefer a quick pre-meal drink and don't want the hot option.
Yeah I'll know for next time, thanks. I've only done it once before, and I seem to recall it was brought out very quickly.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Aeroplan, Mileage Plan
In case anyone wanted to know the mains for YYZ- Europe departures in December, just got invited to pre order my meal:
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Please AC do something about the horrific catering. Why is this so hard?
Old Nov 25, 2023, 8:39 am
awt

Originally Posted by anniln
In case anyone wanted to know the mains for YYZ- Europe departures in December, just got invited to pre order my meal:
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Please AC do something about the horrific catering. Why is this so hard?
Looks like the same menu items regardless if you're flying to Asia, Europe, or South America. What is interesting is that they were quite late in showing pre-order meals to everyone, only yesterday did they send out emails regarding meal choices for December. Maybe they got some fantastic "black Friday" deals on chicken leg, beef and cod. 🤣🤣🤣
billdokes likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by awt
Looks like the same menu items regardless if you're flying to Asia, Europe, or South America. What is interesting is that they were quite late in showing pre-order meals to everyone, only yesterday did they send out emails regarding meal choices for December. Maybe they got some fantastic "black Friday" deals on chicken leg, beef and cod. 🤣🤣🤣

Same for YVR-KIX Dec. 20.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 9:00 am

I'm on a flight right now where I've only had three drink services...

...before the main course.
​​​​​
Edit: I should clarify this is a huge compliment to the crew.
Bohemian1 and vancouver25k like this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Nov 25, 2023 at 12:33 pm
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:32 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by awt
Nice to have a veg option. There wasn’t one on Japan routes in the most recent menu. Had to do the special meal, which then got removed from my name when my eupgrade cleared. They said they couldn’t find the special meal even after I said it was probably loaded in Y.

They ended up still bringing me my special meal in the end as they had an “extra” on Y. Great cabin crew and I’m glad they sorted it out, although I wonder if the extra meal was just my original meal all along. Normally I don’t bother with a special meal as my usual routes all have a veg option and I just don’t eat the shrimp appetizer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.