Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2024, 5:11 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
How can we get more of them eUupgrades and how are they different than the regular eUpgrades?

Old Jun 18, 2024, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by amejr999
Same.
Is AC going to fix this issue? I just cant believe they let this problem going on for more than 1 week now since the last app and web updates.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by whyfseeguy
Is AC going to fix this issue? I just cant believe they let this problem going on for more than 1 week now since the last app and web updates.
The search/book function was working yesterday & today for me.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Wigg
The search/book function was working yesterday & today for me.
Still not working for me in the app

Been using the website while not logged in
Old Jun 18, 2024, 1:32 pm

Not a huge issue and not the best image.

Schedule change. Choose options.
Image 1. Select 9:05
Image 2. Verify flight.
Image 3. Flight is confirmed.

Old Jun 19, 2024, 6:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, Chase, Amex
Flight Times Not Accurate

Flying family of 5 next week. NBO-CAI-IST. Booked on EgyptAir via AirCanada.
Last communication from AirCanada was 2 months ago. On EgyptAir discovered today our flight departure/arrival is 1 hour later than what is on AirCanada website. How can this be so inaccurate?
Old Jun 19, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: AC 75K, FB Gold, BW Diamond Select
Flight times change very regularly for a number of reasons. You should receive notification when it does. Often this gets sent to the Junk mail folder.

I've also seen in the past websites not taking into account the change for daylight savings hours.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I have TK flights booked via Aeoplan with the wrong departure time. TK and Expertflyer say it's an hour later. I assume the latter is correct.

Old Jun 19, 2024, 9:33 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
If I had AC 014 tickets flying on another carrier, I would a) find my booking on the operating carrier website for the correct information and b) activate flight notifications there. Would not rely on information on AC website for other airlines (and vice-versa)
Old Jun 19, 2024, 9:34 am

I think it's a bug with daylight savings time. I've seen it come up as a discrepancy immediately after booking and there's been issues reported in this thread.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 19, 2024 at 9:41 am Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Jun 19, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Well, from the EU, not to. But yes, this seems to be the case just now when I did a couple of searches (e.g. FRA-YYY-BCN).
Wild this is still broken... literally a week later.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC 75K, FB Gold, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by DrNest
For the past couple of months I've been experience a problem when trying to check in for multi segment trips. It doesn't matter whether I'm using the app or browser on a phone or computer, every time I go to check in, it will only allow me to check in for the one segment that is within 24hrs.
For example, tomorrow I'm flying YYZ-YYC-YVR-YYD. Returning YYD-YVR-YYZ.
I first got notification to check in for the flight to Calgary, then later, to Vancouver, and then to Smithers. In the app and in My Bookings my trip is listed as to Smithers.
Then once the 24 hrs was up for the return flight leaving Smithers, I got an email saying to check in for my trip to Toronto. I go to check in, and it will only process the flight from Smithers to Vancouver. Not onwards to Toronto.

Is there something I need to do to permit check in for connection flights? Or am I just having bad luck with AC's IT?
I posted this a little while ago, and just had a call from Air Canada to explain:
On mileage run flights like this, where all the travel is done in one day, without significant (approx. > 6hr) connection times, the IT system cannot tell where one journey starts and ends, and the next begins.
This means that it doesn't know which flights it can add for check-in purposes as a connection, and which flights belong to the return journey.
Even though the app and website have it broken down into flights to destination XXX and return back to ZZZ, the check-in system cannot recognise that.

I was informed that this has been escalated to the programming team, and hopefully a resolution should be found that will fix this issue.
Xyzzy and kalderlake like this.

Last edited by DrNest; Jun 19, 2024 at 8:34 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 19, 2024, 8:15 pm

The website used to remember my most recent searches, but for a while now it always thinks I'm searching SFO-YYZ.
The origin and destination fields used to select the text when you click into the fields - if you are searching for a new city, you just have to click into the field and type the new city.
So now many of my searches are from "San FranciscoYVR".
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 8:50 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Alaska MileagePlan, IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by DrNest
I posted this a little while ago, and just had a call from Air Canada to explain:
On mileage run flights like this, where all the travel is done in one day, without significant (approx. > 6hr) connection times, the IT system cannot tell where one journey starts and ends, and the next begins.
This means that it doesn't know which flights it can add for check-in purposes as a connection, and which flights belong to the return journey.
Even though the app and website have it broken down into flights to destination XXX and return back to ZZZ, the check-in system cannot recognise that.

I was informed that this has been escalated to the programming team, and hopefully a resolution should be found that will fix this issue.
That's great that someone at Air Canada called you back.
billdokes and DrNest like this.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Wild this is still broken... literally a week later.

Known issue at this point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.