Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Passing through GRU on the way to/from EZE (AC90/91, AC96/97)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passing through GRU on the way to/from EZE (AC90/91, AC96/97)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2024 | 8:41 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: air miles
Originally Posted by yscleo
I haven't taken as many flights as you, but on the flights I've taken, I entered one aircraft, sat in one seat, then upon arrival would get off that same seat and exit one same aircraft. During those flights, my experience is I've not had multiple changes of aircraft.

Very rarely would I be on a flight that had a stop. There was one time (flight from Asia) we did have a fuel stop in Anchorage. We did not have to take any luggage off. We were confined in one gate, not allowed to go anywhere else. We then got back on the same seats in the same aircraft.

I don't believe somehow I've had any change of aircraft change during any of my flights, it'd be difficult to do. Not sure what you are guaranteeing that "every flight you've ever taken has had multiple changes of aircraft".

On the 2024.12.23 AC 91 EZE-YYZ flight I'm taking, I understand there is a stop in GRU and I need to leave the aircraft, go through security, then get back on. It's supposed to be the same aircraft, but sometimes they may change aircraft. But in the EZE-GRU flight, I'm pretty sure I'll be in the same, one, aircraft. In the GRU-YYZ flight, I'm sure I'll be in the same, one, aircraft.
Are we being a bit excessively pedantic? Non Stop, Direct, and Layover flights all have very different meanings in the air travel industry and what you might understand those terms to mean in normal everyday life may not mean the same thing to an airline.
Old Jul 3, 2024 | 10:08 am
30 Countries Visited2M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
Are we being a bit excessively pedantic? Non Stop, Direct, and Layover flights all have very different meanings in the air travel industry and what you might understand those terms to mean in normal everyday life may not mean the same thing to an airline.
Not pedantic at all...it's important that people understand what they have bought so they understand what they are going to get. They are all quite different and result in a very different experience for the pax - ie: if one books YYZ to MXP, unless they know it's a "Direct" not a "Non-Stop" flight they might be puzzled when the plane puts down at YUL for 90 mins. Likewise, understanding that the EZE - YYZ/YUL has a stop in GRU where you have to de-plane + clear security again is also helpful in setting expectations, as it is quite a different experience than one gets on other "Direct" flights.
Old Jul 3, 2024 | 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by billdokes
Not pedantic at all...it's important that people understand what they have bought so they understand what they are going to get. They are all quite different and result in a very different experience for the pax - ie: if one books YYZ to MXP, unless they know it's a "Direct" not a "Non-Stop" flight they might be puzzled when the plane puts down at YUL for 90 mins. Likewise, understanding that the EZE - YYZ/YUL has a stop in GRU where you have to de-plane + clear security again is also helpful in setting expectations, as it is quite a different experience than one gets on other "Direct" flights.
Agreed that it is important that people understand what they are buying.

Old Jul 3, 2024 | 11:43 am
5 Years on Site

Not understanding that you could have one aircraft assigned to your flight today, and have that aircraft changed tomorrow to a different but same aircraft (Same type of aircraft B787-9 but different tail number) is a pretty basic level of understanding. Playing the game of "the plane I board in YYZ will be the same plane I de-board in GRU" is of no help to the discussion at hand.

YYZ/YUL-GRU-EZE is a direct flight with a stop over in GRU. Yes there is a wrinkle in the operation in that 1) passengers fully de-board at GRU luggage and all, then reboard the 'same' aircraft later and 2) there is mixing of passenger lists on flights from YYZ/YUL. Does this need some additional explanation? Yes. Would I expect someone on this forum to understand that on a 'direct' flight you may or may not have to get off the plane during the stop over in the middle city? Yes
Old Jul 3, 2024 | 12:50 pm
30 Countries Visited2M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
Not understanding that you could have one aircraft assigned to your flight today, and have that aircraft changed tomorrow to a different but same aircraft (Same type of aircraft B787-9 but different tail number) is a pretty basic level of understanding. Playing the game of "the plane I board in YYZ will be the same plane I de-board in GRU" is of no help to the discussion at hand.

YYZ/YUL-GRU-EZE is a direct flight with a stop over in GRU. Yes there is a wrinkle in the operation in that 1) passengers fully de-board at GRU luggage and all, then reboard the 'same' aircraft later and 2) there is mixing of passenger lists on flights from YYZ/YUL. Does this need some additional explanation? Yes. Would I expect someone on this forum to understand that on a 'direct' flight you may or may not have to get off the plane during the stop over in the middle city? Yes
People have different levels of understanding and one of the primary purposes of this Forum is to help answer q's and educate others so I don't ever expect all posters to be 'experts' just because they are here.

Let's stick to answering q's and helping others, and not focus on what they 'should' understand based on someone's standard.

yscleo, vancouver25k and Wigg like this.
Old Jul 4, 2024 | 3:02 pm
5 Years on Site

People have different levels of understanding and one of the primary purposes of this Forum is to help answer q's and educate others so I don't ever expect all posters to be 'experts' just because they are here.

Let's stick to answering q's and helping others, and not focus on what they 'should' understand based on someone's standard.
I mean misunderstanding the statement "I can pretty much guarantee that every flight you've ever taken has had multiple changes of aircraft." to mean that your B787 plane magically turns into A220 mid flight is a bit of a reach.

Either way the OP's questions were answered and the misunderstanding clarified.
Old Jul 20, 2024 | 10:31 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Hi All - I have taken AC90/91 all the way to/from EZE from YYZ in the past, and I have another trip coming up in September (J Cabin) departing on a Wednesday.
I have been noticing that AC90 has been so late on Wednesday's sometimes that the flight departs after midnight. Rather than continuing the aircraft to EZE, it seems AC has made the operational decision to use the inbound aircraft from YUL (which arrives earlier into GRU) to continue onwards to EZE.
Basically this leaves YYZ-GRU-EZE destined travellers stranded at GRU. In this case, has anyone had any experience as to what AC does to accomodate stranded passengers?

There are Star Alliance options (ET/TK) and non Star Alliance Options (LA) to put passengers on, so do they do this is space is available?

Or does everyone get put up in a hotel until next time AC flies to EZE from GRU? Or both?
Old Jul 21, 2024 | 4:54 am
50 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by yvr1971
Hi All - I have taken AC90/91 all the way to/from EZE from YYZ in the past, and I have another trip coming up in September (J Cabin) departing on a Wednesday.
I have been noticing that AC90 has been so late on Wednesday's sometimes that the flight departs after midnight. Rather than continuing the aircraft to EZE, it seems AC has made the operational decision to use the inbound aircraft from YUL (which arrives earlier into GRU) to continue onwards to EZE.
Basically this leaves YYZ-GRU-EZE destined travellers stranded at GRU. In this case, has anyone had any experience as to what AC does to accomodate stranded passengers?

There are Star Alliance options (ET/TK) and non Star Alliance Options (LA) to put passengers on, so do they do this is space is available?

Or does everyone get put up in a hotel until next time AC flies to EZE from GRU? Or both?
I only have one data point, but a friend flew it back in November when they did just that and he was rerouted on to ET from from GRU to EZE. I assume if there is not enough capacity or youre too late you could potentially be overnighted, but expect as a tag flight the cabin wouldnt normally be full.

When this happens, affected YYZ-EZE passengers very quickly learn the difference between direct and nonstop.
billdokes, TTC900Rocket and awt like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.