Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is there a time limit for cancelling a Latitude fare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a time limit for cancelling a Latitude fare?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2024 | 11:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by taupo
YVR has landside
Since when? It's in pre-clearance, after primary.
Old Jun 30, 2024 | 11:58 pm
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AC*SE
To the original question, from past experience I've been able to cancel the ticket so long as the flight hasn't taken off. There's nothing to complain about especially if you didn't use the lounge.

That said, if you are worried about AC's reaction, just book a refundable ticket on a carrier that isn't AC?
Old Jul 1, 2024 | 12:00 am
40 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not sure if it's still there, and not sure if they do interviews there, but there was a NEXUS office of some sort landside. Between the AC counter and the Bill Reid sculpture, on the road side. I've never gone inside to see what it is though.
Old Jul 1, 2024 | 9:23 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Since many years ago and still there as of a month or so ago when I walked past it enroute to YVR DOM MLL alternate (Fairmont)
https://www.yvr.ca/en/blog/2023/nexu...t-centre-opens

Last edited by taupo; Jul 1, 2024 at 9:25 am Reason: Edited to add link
Old Jul 1, 2024 | 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by taupo
Since many years ago and still there as of a month or so ago when I walked past it enroute to YVR DOM MLL alternate (Fairmont)
https://www.yvr.ca/en/blog/2023/nexu...t-centre-opens
There are no CBP officers there for the US side of the interview.

The U.S. interviews are completed by U.S. CBP at Canadian airport preclearance locations for ticketed passengers departing Canada for the U.S. that same day.
There's a reason the US interviews require that you are a "ticketed passengers departing Canada for the U.S."
Old Jul 1, 2024 | 11:36 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
YVR nexus office is opposite USA check in counters as mentioned. It is only for the Canadian portion of the interview.
For the USA interview, you have 2 options.
1. Book at any local office (such as Blaine). These appointments usually are available only a few moths out.
2. Choose to do it the next time you fly out of YVR to the USA. After going through USA customs, there is a waiting area all the way to the left of the hall and they will call you to complete the interview. I would try not to go during very busy times as it can be a while.
vernonc and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2024 | 12:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
5 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Reminder:

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Moderator note: there is a wealth of information on NEXUS interviews in the Trusted Travelers forum.

Let's please keep this thread on topic to AC (i.e. cancellation deadline for flexible fares).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.