Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2024 Mileage Runs

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2024, 4:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by Joroy70
Which CC are we talking about?? I'm SE100k but should loose it at the end of the year
the Amex Aeroplan reserve is my preferred card as it posts sqm/sqs within days of spend hitting $5k. Enough suppliers refuse to accept Amex so I ordered the TD version as well. It has a higher credit limit and is more universally accepted, but sqm/sqs only post after statement date.
Old May 30, 2024, 12:42 am

I posted what I think is a pretty decent deal in the premium fare forum AC/AI - YVR-DEL - 3450-4300 CAD (2500-3150 USD) RT - Business (AC P/AI Z)

Its YVR-DEL, you can use the AC non-stops through YYZ or YUL; it also permits routing through Europe or DXB with connections on EK if desired. From a purely mileage accumulation perspective, I built a pretty simple itinerary as an example that credits 30,352 at 13.58cpm (provided my math is correct; if anyone checks and it's not please let me know). This does have a ticketing deadline of May 31 so if you're interested, move fast. Also, I am now going to Oktoberfest on the way back from DEL Sept 27-29 if anyone wants to join for copious amounts of beer.
kalderlake likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by warpdryv
the Amex Aeroplan reserve is my preferred card as it posts sqm/sqs within days of spend hitting $5k. Enough suppliers refuse to accept Amex so I ordered the TD version as well. It has a higher credit limit and is more universally accepted, but sqm/sqs only post after statement date.
Yeah I have that one but that doesnt help with SQD right? Thats where I'm stuck at the moment!
Old May 30, 2024, 5:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Yeah I have that one but that doesnt help with SQD right? Thats where I'm stuck at the moment!
Correct - no help with sqd. I haven’t seen any promos where they credit additional sqd this year either. If/when they offer that again I’ll be jumping on it as I finished last year just barely over the $20K.
Old May 30, 2024, 5:09 am

Programs: AC 50K
Correct, the premium cards only offer an SQM/SQS bonus. For SQD, you gotta fly.
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 5:11 am

Programs: AC 75K, BAEC Gold, NCC Plat, HHG
Originally Posted by salteen

No CC helps with SQD. If you're only short SQD to reach wanted status level you also know exactly how much you'd need to spend to achieve it, but it has to be on actual tickets.

Last edited by Penguin_; May 30, 2024 at 5:12 am Reason: Missed to add quote
Old May 30, 2024, 5:19 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by salteen
Originally Posted by Penguin_
No CC helps with SQD. If you're only short SQD to reach wanted status level you also know exactly how much you'd need to spend to achieve it, but it has to be on actual tickets.
When I signed up for the TD Aeroplan VIsa, I recall SQDs were part of the programme: 1k SQD for every $5k spend. Plus rollover. Looks like it is still in the offer page

Old May 30, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: AC 75K, BAEC Gold, NCC Plat, HHG
Originally Posted by PLeblond
When I signed up for the TD Aeroplan VIsa, I recall SQDs were part of the programme: 1k SQD for every $5k spend. Plus rollover. Looks like it is still in the offer page

The PDF says 1 SQS and 1000 SQM per 5k spend, nothing on SQD. I have the TD Aeroplan VIP card and it has never posted anything other than SQS/SQM.
Old May 30, 2024, 5:25 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Penguin_
The PDF says 1 SQS and 1000 SQM per 5k spend, nothing on SQD. I have the TD Aeroplan VIP card and it has never posted anything other than SQS/SQM.
Yes. Apologies. Too early in the day.

Mods, please delete.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's been a week since returning from my 4 trips (3 paid, 1 Aeroplan positioning) to CPH over 9 days, and I have now fully recovered.

All in, I earned 37,242 SQM and LQM, along with 62,068 Aeroplan points (which includes my SE bonus), for under $2500 USD after taxes and fees and everything.

This was all J, with half the segments on a 788 or 789 across the Atlantic.

That much airplane food is... a lot.

It was fun. I'd do it again.
ffsim, YOWgary, PLeblond and 9 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's been a week since returning from my 4 trips (3 paid, 1 Aeroplan positioning) to CPH over 9 days, and I have now fully recovered.

All in, I earned 37,242 SQM and LQM, along with 62,068 Aeroplan points (which includes my SE bonus), for under $2500 USD after taxes and fees and everything.

This was all J, with half the segments on a 788 or 789 across the Atlantic.

That much airplane food is... a lot.

It was fun. I'd do it again.
That’s a lot of the same menu if it was all AC lol.

Through YYZ or YUL or a combination?
Old Jun 8, 2024, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
That’s a lot of the same menu if it was all AC lol.

Through YYZ or YUL or a combination?
Combination.

Luckily the menu rotated part way through, and the eastbounds were always through YYZ so I had a lot of Signature Suite food, and never ate a whole meal on board in that direction.

On CPH-YYZ/YUL, I tried the three non-vegetarian options before they rotated the menu, and then I got something new for the fourth flight.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Combination.

Luckily the menu rotated part way through, and the eastbounds were always through YYZ so I had a lot of Signature Suite food, and never ate a whole meal on board in that direction.

On CPH-YYZ/YUL, I tried the three non-vegetarian options before they rotated the menu, and then I got something new for the fourth flight.
Obviously good pricing out of SFO!
Old Jun 8, 2024, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Canadiancow, Just wondering…

How are you able to access the Signature Lounge without purchasing a Business ticket for your multiple CPH mileage runs???
Old Jun 8, 2024, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by rcr416
How are you able to access the Signature Lounge without purchasing a Business ticket for your multiple CPH mileage runs???
... by purchasing business class.
painintheuk, ffsim, D582 and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.