Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2024 Mileage Runs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2024, 6:49 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Half an hour ago I booked YVR-YYZ-EZE-GRU-YUL-YVR for under $1,400 in FLEX. With No promo code the price is $1,443.48 or YVR-YUL-YYZ-EZE-GRU-YUL-YVR for $1,493.48. I used a $50 gift card as a 15% promo code only gave me a $94 discount so I figure I can use that for another fare.

This is 16,059 SQM according to the cowtool as I got that GRU leg heading home but not heading south.
Booked the second week of November as there are some cheap fares in November.
What are the exact dates you're going?
Old Aug 29, 2024, 7:20 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bb11
Don't know if this is new news but for certain dates it seems that YVR-YEG-YYZ-YVR prices about the same as YVR-YYZ-YVR (+-$10), but for less taxes + more SQM/SQD. Has anyone else noticed this?
Nothing new there. The real trick is to add even more stops. Why only connect in YEG on the way out? Why not connect in YUL instead for even more miles? Routing rules for YVR-YYZ:

MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. YVR-YYJ/YCD-YTO
2. YVR-YOW/YMQ-YTO
3. YVR-YLW/YKA-YYC-YEA-YXE-YQR-YWG-YTO
4. YVR-YYC-YEA-YXE-YQR-YWG-YTO
5. YVR-YXE-YQR-YWG-YTO
6. YVR-YLW/YKA-YEA-YYC-YXE-YQR-YWG-YTO
7. YVR-YEA-YYC-YXE-YQR-YWG-YTO
8. YVR-YLW/YKA-YYC-YEA-YQR-YXE-YWG-YTO
9. YVR-YYC-YEA-YQR-YXE-YWG-YTO
10. YVR-YQR-YXE-YWG-YTO
11. YVR-YLW/YKA-YEA-YYC-YQR-YXE-YWG-YTO
12. YVR-YEA-YYC-YQR-YXE-YWG-YTO
Old Aug 29, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Nothing new there. The real trick is to add even more stops. Why only connect in YEG on the way out? Why not connect in YUL instead for even more miles? Routing rules for YVR-YYZ:

1. YVR-YYJ/YCD-YTO
2. YVR-YOW/YMQ-YTO
5. YVR-YXE-YQR-YWG-YTO
10. YVR-YQR-YXE-YWG-YTO
Ah sorry, I should've clarified that I was surprised in that adding the YEG layover lowered the tax/fees portion of the fare. Still, thanks for sharing the valuable knowledge. Think I'm going to try for some of those routings. 🤔
Old Aug 29, 2024, 10:35 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

1. YVR-YYJ/YCD-YTO
2. YVR-YOW/YMQ-YTO
5. YVR-YXE-YQR-YWG-YTO
10. YVR-YQR-YXE-YWG-YTO
That reminds me of Earn Your Wings for some reason. At least, the itens that some FTers were flying with some regularity.

I guess if I ever needed a segment run ...
Old Aug 29, 2024, 1:29 pm

Got time off work starting tomorrow. Home airport YYZ. Any suggestions on mileage run last minute or it’s not a thing. See only good deals further out. Budget up to $3k.
Old Aug 29, 2024, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Realbaba
Got time off work starting tomorrow. Home airport YYZ. Any suggestions on mileage run last minute or it’s not a thing. See only good deals further out. Budget up to $3k.
With this being your first post, welcome to FT.

Please see the wiki at the top of the thread. If there's a specific amount of SQM or SQS you need, the community can potentially help, but this isn't meant to be a generic "find me a cheap fare" thread. Especially when it comes up last-minute travel, which tends to be very expensive and very poor from a mileage running value perspective.
Old Aug 29, 2024, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC-SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by yeeg
What are the exact dates you're going?
Friday Nov 8 to Sun Nov 10th
Old Aug 31, 2024, 5:18 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Friday Nov 8 to Sun Nov 10th
No can do.
Found a YYC YVR SIN HKG YVR YYC trip Nov 7 to 12 for cheapish not too long ago. Was 1600 FLEX but within a couple of days, it turned to 2300

TTC900Rocket found some YYC GRU fares for 1400 flex as far out as Easter 2025
Old Aug 31, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: AC-SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by yeeg
No can do.
Found a YYC YVR SIN HKG YVR YYC trip Nov 7 to 12 for cheapish not too long ago. Was 1600 FLEX but within a couple of days, it turned to 2300

TTC900Rocket found some YYC GRU fares for 1400 flex as far out as Easter 2025
$1,600 flex for SIn, I guess I need to take a look. $1,400 for EZE in flex is reasonable, I always try to find that cheap Latitude fare. I am now booking into March 2025 as I am running out of room for 2024 plus I do not need the SQD. I try to stay on AC metal for the 2MM goal as I hope to have that by April 2025.
CanadianMike, vancouver25k and awt like this.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Borrowed from the general MR thread, HNL-DUB via YVR, YYZ. November is best dates for pricing.
About 16k miles and $1.2k+ (CAD) flex return, various dates and longer layover on the return available.
7 night minimum though.

Also some shorter stay options (2 nights+) HNL-LHR for $1.4k+ few hundred more, similar dates in Nov.

Probably some other HNL-Europe fares with AC/*A floating around, these were the only two routes I looked into though.
​​​​
Spoiler

Old Sep 18, 2024, 5:12 pm

Mileage run request

Departure Airport: YYZ
Miles Needed (SQM): 7,000
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):0
Maximum Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: Nov / Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Yes
Route(s) You've Already Searched: YYZ>YVR, LAX
Old Sep 18, 2024, 9:44 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by revlis
Segments Needed (SQS):
I'd consider looking at places like HNL or (maybe) LIS. But $500 is a tough number to hit for 7,000 SQM.
Adam Smith and kalderlake like this.
Old Sep 18, 2024, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by revlis
Segments Needed (SQS):
mmmm $500 is tough
I paid $643 in Flex for YLW-YVR-YUL-YYT-YHZ-YYZ-YYC Long weekend in October for 6,555 SQM 15% code used
Also Paid $587 in Flex YLW-YYZ-YYT-YUL-YYZ_YLW in January for 6,440 SQM 25% code used

Because of the HST try to find a one-way to YVR and then a new flight YVR-YYT-YYZ as that should get you your SQM, however price may be between $625 to $800 try to find a pro code though
YYZ-BGI is also an option I booked that also from YVR in PY for $800 also BOG from YYZ is also a sweet deal and PY is at times the same as Flex

Best of look, just keep searching as this 25% sale will end soon and then prices will be better

Old Sep 22, 2024, 6:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Due to several cancellations I’m looking at a pretty large gap this year to requalify for SE. currently sitting 35k short. (And $4000 SQD which I could still come close to clearing this year - the SQM is the issue). Home airport is YOW and trying to figure the out the best way to maximize SQM. One though is just booking a RT to AUS in J but open to other suggestions.
Old Sep 22, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by Bb11
Ah sorry, I should've clarified that I was surprised in that adding the YEG layover lowered the tax/fees portion of the fare. Still, thanks for sharing the valuable knowledge. Think I'm going to try for some of those routings. 🤔
This is because of the dumb rules between provinces in this great Confederation of ours. You likely tripped into Alberta's 0% PST and 5% GST regime (or a different tax rule from YVR for flying to Alberta based on the British Columbian / Albertan "free trade" agreement) (or your flight was round trip to Ontario but fell out of the Ontario capture of 13% HST for extra provincial flights booked round trip but not those incoming that are one way). The combination of all of these simply means Air Canada gets to pocket more of the dollars hence more SQD.
jw_yyz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.