Wiki Posts
Search

Dash 8-400 Overhead Bin Size

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2024 | 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Dash 8-400 Overhead Bin Size

I'm curious how large a bag I can take onto a Dash 8-400 and place it into the overhead bin? I have a camera bag I want to carry on and I'm not sure it I need to take a bag that barely fits on a CRJ-200 overhead bin or the larger bag that can take another lens or two which is a normal US carry-on bag size. Considering the bag will have many lithium ion batteries.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 1:17 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
The Q bins will take any bag that fits into the carry-on sizer...the key word being fits. Not having to be forced in, and bulging out the top.

I have an old Tumi Vapor and a newer Monos Carry-On and they both fit in the Q bin no problem.
StuMcIlwain and RatherBeInYOW like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 2:14 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I'm curious how large a bag I can take onto a Dash 8-400 and place it into the overhead bin? I have a camera bag I want to carry on and I'm not sure it I need to take a bag that barely fits on a CRJ-200 overhead bin or the larger bag that can take another lens or two which is a normal US carry-on bag size. Considering the bag will have many lithium ion batteries.
I have a Lowepro ProTrekker RLX 450 AW II that fits with the shoulder straps tucked away.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by YYJ _SLF
I have a Lowepro ProTrekker RLX 450 AW II that fits with the shoulder straps tucked away.
I have a Lowepro ProTrekker 400 AW, which is smaller than your ProTrekker 450. So, that will fit.

The bag I want to take is a Think Tank FirstLight 46L+, which is 13.8 W x 21.7 H x 9 D (35 x 55 x 22.9 cm). It allows me to take my camera body along with my long telephoto lens attached.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 5:54 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I have a Lowepro ProTrekker 400 AW, which is smaller than your ProTrekker 450. So, that will fit.

The bag I want to take is a Think Tank FirstLight 46L+, which is 13.8 W x 21.7 H x 9 D (35 x 55 x 22.9 cm). It allows me to take my camera body along with my long telephoto lens attached.
The dimensions of my 450 are 36 x 25 x 52 cm. Height is the dimension that is most challenging wrt to size of the bins. You should be fine at 22.9 cm vs my 25cm.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.