Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Elite Internaional Toll free telephone Number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Elite Internaional Toll free telephone Number

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC APE, AA
Question Aeroplan Elite Internaional Toll free telephone Number

Am in UK at the moment. I tried to contact Aeroplan using the InternationalToll free tel # on the back of my Elite card. A voice prompt inform you this #is only toll free from the US and if I wish to continue I will be charged at International long distance rates.

When I contacted the Air Canada reservation office in London they told me other people have had the same problem. Is this only a UK problem or have others had similar dificulties?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:26 pm
schrapy

same issue for me, called two days ago from UK and was given message that I would be charged, so I sucked it up, as I couldn't find a local number. a little pissed they put me on hold so long too...

Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:45 pm

Are you trying to call the number from a mobile phone or a fixed line?

A mobile phone will always tell you "This call will be charged at your standard rates. If you wish to continue, please hold the line" etc, whether you're calling a UK toll-free or Int'l toll free number. This is because toll-free numbers are still charged at standard national rates, or taken off your minutes allowance (if applicable). They are usually only free of charge from a fixed line.

A fixed line will not tell you such a message when you dial the int'l freephone number, 00-800-... I've called the number from both my home fixed-line phone and my mobile phone, was not charged international rates from either.

Remember, it's not 00-1-800..., it's 00-800-..... Leave out the country code (1)!
Old Sep 20, 2007, 8:29 pm

Question Local elite number in UK?

Is there a local number in the UK that elites can access? I'm going to be in the UK next week and will want to call AC to waitlist for an upgrade.

Failing that, can I phone the regular UK reservations number to request an upgrade?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by musiclover
Is there a local number in the UK that elites can access? I'm going to be in the UK next week and will want to call AC to waitlist for an upgrade.

Failing that, can I phone the regular UK reservations number to request an upgrade?
I don't know of one for Elite... what you CAN do, and what is very inexpensive, is use a VOIP service like SKYPE and you pay around CAD .0024 per minute...
Old Sep 21, 2007, 7:07 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, Bonvoy*Titanium
Originally Posted by musiclover

When I'm in Asia, I always call the local AC reservations office for upgrades and it's never been a problem. No reason why it wouldn't work in the UK. In fact, looking at my certs here, it tells you to call the local reservations office.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
SKYPE and you pay around CAD .0024 per minute...
I think you mean 0.024/minute. But seriously, Skype works really well with those lengthy calls about lost luggage, phoning in from Europe for upgrades etc. from a hotel charging unbelievable amounts even for local calls.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 6:53 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG, etc., NEXUS, GOES
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I don't know of one for Elite... what you CAN do, and what is very inexpensive, is use a VOIP service like SKYPE and you pay around CAD .0024 per minute...
Skype charges CAD .0000 per minute on calls to North American toll free numbers. You don't even need to have any Skypeout credit, just set up your account and call. It was a lifesaver last year when I was in New Zealand and I had to make a very long call back to North America to change plane tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.