Search

Cancel Web-Check In?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:39 am
YYZ
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
Cancel Web-Check In?

Just wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to cancel web check-in once you have done it through the web. The reason is that Ms. X checked in through web check-in presuming that Ms. Y would be sitting next to her. When Ms. Y went to check-in, they found out that Ms. X was in fact not sitting next to her. However, there are two other seats that are available together on the same flight. Problem is, web check-in will now not allow Ms. X to change her seat. A call to AC says that only changes can be made at the airport now, and they cannot cancel the web check in over the phone.

I've searched online, and Jet Airways does in fact, have the capability to cancel a web check-in. Just wondering if anyone has been able to cancel one with Air Canada?

http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/e...Webcheckin.htm

24 Hour call centre: Can cancel the check-in status i.e. off-load passenger only. However if the passenger wants to re check-in, he will have to do the same on the web again.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:49 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Short answer - no.

You can cancel and then ask the call centre to off-load you - this happened to me last week. I was in YYC checked in to YVR and then YYJ. The YYC-YVR flight went mechanical and was delayed 2 hours. I then called the call centre (couldn't do it at the airport as I was on a NA Unlimited Pass) and they cancelled the YYJ flight and offloaded me from the aircraft.

However, for a seat change - that has to be done at the airport.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 9:22 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I've had this happen before, didn't realize that the 2 pax I was checking in were not sitting right next to each other. I called up AC and they fixed it. When we got to the airport the agent on the phone had apparently done nothing, as the 2 pax were still not sitting together, mananged to get them 2 seats across the aisle from each other however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.