Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG T2F to T2G lounges hopping

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Depending on the arrival gate of the JFK flight (if it arrives on the western side of 2E(L)), you can go through passport control between 2E(L) and 2F without clearing security. This would allow you to access the 2F lounge before taking the bus to 2G.

Any other arrival would require clearing security after passport control to get into 2F.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Red face Arrival in 2E, transfer to 2G

Not a lot of Air France experience (in this century, anyway)..... I guess this is a good place to ask..... If I'm coming in from LAX (in business class), it seems I'll arrive at Terminal 2E. I have 6 hour layover before my flight to DUS, which usually goes from 2G. I know the 2G lounge isn't the nicest of the AF lounges.... Can I visit any other lounges, or will have to pass the entire six hours at the Schengen one in 2G?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The 2G lounge is perfectly fine. It has showers and decent catering and wines/champagne. No reason IMHO to do lounge hopping knowing that it will be "complicated" and possibly refused.
Paella747, hhdl and vic.d like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: FB Gold
Agreed with what Goldorak says, the 2G salon was renovated not too long ago as well, and is perfectly fine.
Paella747 and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Goldorak
The 2G lounge is perfectly fine. It has showers and decent catering and wines/champagne. No reason IMHO to do lounge hopping knowing that it will be "complicated" and possibly refused.
Okay! Thank you! *i had no idea it had showers! that's great to know!
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:30 am

2F might be helpful if you want to try to get some down-time at the quiet zone. I tried it in the past (with earplugs) and managed to get some down time (after an early morning arrival). I didn't have problem accessing the lounge, despite my flight departing from 2G - although not sure how it's gonna be in your case connecting from 2E (but i assume it's okay).

As Goldorak said, 2G is also fine (with some apron view), but it can feel cramped from time to time (well, same can be said for 2F)
Paella747 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
2F might be helpful if you want to try to get some down-time at the quiet zone. I tried it in the past (with earplugs) and managed to get some down time (after an early morning arrival). I didn't have problem accessing the lounge, despite my flight departing from 2G - although not sure how it's gonna be in your case connecting from 2E (but i assume it's okay).

As Goldorak said, 2G is also fine (with some apron view), but it can feel cramped from time to time (well, same can be said for 2F)
Thank you! Depending on how bored I am, I may walk around a bit and see! *I remember using Terminal 2G back in 2020 (right before Covid 'hit') and it just felt a bit 'blah'. I was in business on AF (again flying to DUS) and didn't even realize there was a lounge there I could have used!
Old Dec 2, 2023, 3:59 am

I think 2G is the same as in 2020.

I did a similar long connection last week and I went first to the lounge in 2F (you will pass through 2F anyway as that is the only terminal with a bus connection to 2G), had a facial, a snooze in the relaxation area and then did some work. I left for 2G 90 minutes before my flight and still had 1 hour in the 2G lounge. The only consideration is that there are no signs from 2F departures to the bus stop for terminal 2G, so you just need to remember which stairs you take up to the 2F departures as you need to go down to get to the bus stop for 2G. It can take less than 10 minutes to get from 2F to 2G, but you should allow at least 30 minutes in case the buses are full or irregular.
jerry_greece and Paella747 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by 8420PR
I think 2G is the same as in 2020.

I did a similar long connection last week and I went first to the lounge in 2F (you will pass through 2F anyway as that is the only terminal with a bus connection to 2G), had a facial, a snooze in the relaxation area and then did some work. I left for 2G 90 minutes before my flight and still had 1 hour in the 2G lounge. The only consideration is that there are no signs from 2F departures to the bus stop for terminal 2G, so you just need to remember which stairs you take up to the 2F departures as you need to go down to get to the bus stop for 2G. It can take less than 10 minutes to get from 2F to 2G, but you should allow at least 30 minutes in case the buses are full or irregular.
Thank you for the advice! I'll try it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.