Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Air France Boeing 777-300 business class seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2023, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Utskicat
Just curious if anyone has flown on the new 77W set up now that it’s been out for a few months? I also posted in the refresh thread…this may be a better thread though.

I am on the Johannesburg flight tomorrow night. I am currently on 1D which is one of the extra large suites on the bulkhead. I am travelling solo though. This morning 9A and K opened up. I generally like to be in the front J cabin on Air France flights, I’ve found the service is more attentive. Also the centre galley can be quite a hub of activity. Has anyone flown on one of the new refreshed 77W in row 9? Is the galley loud?

Thoughts? It’s three hours until online check-in, so I’m assuming the seats will be snatched up as soon as online check-in opens.

tagging fav AF gurus who I know have opinions

Goldorak hhdl irishguy28
I have flown this config a few times in row 1 and it's great
zoechow, FabCW and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have flown this config a few times in row 1 and it's great
So you would take a center in row1 vs a window in row 9?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:18 pm

I think the large suites are blocked so only skyteam elite plus can grab them. I just did a dummy booking on airfrance.com for my wife who does not have status and it showed the row 9 seats as still blocked. That would explain why they’re not snapped up at online check-in if they haven’t already been grabbed by other elites.
I am Skyteam E+ and I didn’t know about the extra space until about a month ago. Most people are not on FT and don’t obsess about online trip reviews like we do. 🤪
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So you would take a center in row1 vs a window in row 9?
I never faced this dilemma , but window is always my preferred choice.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:25 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Isn‘t the availability logic the same as for row 9 on the other 77W models (=the ones with P class)? Row 9 window seats are opened up some time between 72 and 48 hours before departure, and is then available for everybody. I think they are considered bassinet seats and cannot be selected by anyone travelling without an infant, not even elites, before. At least that is my own experience. I never managed to pick 9A or 9L outside a (roughly) 48 hour time window.

Maybe the attribution logic for the no-P 77W is different?
Old Dec 14, 2023, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Isn‘t the availability logic the same as for row 9 on the other 77W models (=the ones with P class)? Row 9 window seats are opened up some time between 72 and 48 hours before departure, and is then available for everybody. I think they are considered bassinet seats and cannot be selected by anyone travelling without an infant, not even elites, before. At least that is my own experience. I never managed to pick 9A or 9L outside a (roughly) 48 hour time window.

Maybe the attribution logic for the no-P 77W is different?
For my flight JNB-CDG 9A and 9L are blocked and row 1 is open for selection. However it is now full since I took the last seat 1L.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
May I hijack this threat to ask about the 77W config with P? Are there any particular seats to select (or avoid)? I am currently in 6L, which is the last row in the mini business-cabin behind LP. However, basically all other seats (except row 9) are empty. This is a day flight to North America. Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Row 15 on the 777-300ER has a "blind window". Also, I have some note on row 17 as being "less attractive" but I did not note why. Probably a semi-blind window.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
https://www.aerolopa.com/af-773-4p
Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Re: larger foot space in bulkheads: On my flight for May rows 1 and 9 are not available, probably blocked. I am NOT FB or Skyteam elite.

Is there any update on availability to the non-elite: is it in FTers experience 72 hours?

Also, there don't seem to be middle seats in row 9, only row 10. Are these row 10 seats larger footwells?

Also, is there confirmation that row 9 is for baby basinets (I'd worry then not only about the noise but about getting bumped). TIA!
Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zoechow
Re: larger foot space in bulkheads: On my flight for May rows 1 and 9 are not available, probably blocked. I am NOT FB or Skyteam elite.

Is there any update on availability to the non-elite: is it in FTers experience 72 hours?

Also, there don't seem to be middle seats in row 9, only row 10. Are these row 10 seats larger footwells?

Also, is there confirmation that row 9 is for baby basinets (I'd worry then not only about the noise but about getting bumped). TIA!
on refurbished 777 aircraft, there are the extra large suites on all seats in both cabin bulkheads.

On new A350 aircraft the two middle seats in the second cabin bulkhead are just normal seats. Use Aerolopa to find bassinet locations. They are marked correctly.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by zoechow

I note from your other thread that you checked SeatGuru. Be aware that SeatGuru stopped updating years before the new seats became a thing.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: Sinbad Gold
I’ve just booked to BKK at the end of Feb as my usual carrier (WY) had no availability.

I’ve no status with AF at all and haven’t flown with them in years, but was able to select 9D&H when booking. Front cabin looks quite full but smaller rear cabin appeared empty. I was also able to select 1D&H for the return.

Looking forward to seeing what AF is like these days, and especially the new seat!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by SheldonB14
I’ve just booked to BKK at the end of Feb as my usual carrier (WY) had no availability.

I’ve no status with AF at all and haven’t flown with them in years, but was able to select 9D&H when booking. Front cabin looks quite full but smaller rear cabin appeared empty. I was also able to select 1D&H for the return.

Looking forward to seeing what AF is like these days, and especially the new seat!
SheldonB14 How did you get on with AF in 9D&H? I have also been able to select these seats when I was making a booking last week (for March 2025). I also have no FB status though we did fly AF last year to Thailand and have have minuscule amount of FB points as a result. 9A & L were already booked or blocked but unexpectedly I was able to select these 9D&H. I am aiming to keep my expectations in check that we might get moved but no idea if that is common in this scenario. At the end of the day any of these seats should be great and I'll still be happy if service is similar to that we experienced last year when we managed to snag a bargain upgrade from PE when checking in online but in the old 2-3-2 config.

1D&H was and is still available but I thought the smaller cabin may be nicer and possibly less chance of being shifted from row 9 than row 1.

Flying out on KL and have been able to reserve 1A and 2A also.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:28 pm

Programs: Sinbad Gold
Originally Posted by troubleonline
SheldonB14 How did you get on with AF in 9D&H? I have also been able to select these seats when I was making a booking last week (for March 2025). I also have no FB status though we did fly AF last year to Thailand and have have minuscule amount of FB points as a result. 9A & L were already booked or blocked but unexpectedly I was able to select these 9D&H. I am aiming to keep my expectations in check that we might get moved but no idea if that is common in this scenario. At the end of the day any of these seats should be great and I'll still be happy if service is similar to that we experienced last year when we managed to snag a bargain upgrade from PE when checking in online but in the old 2-3-2 config.

1D&H was and is still available but I thought the smaller cabin may be nicer and possibly less chance of being shifted from row 9 than row 1.

Flying out on KL and have been able to reserve 1A and 2A also.
The seats themselves were great, and the extra leg room makes all the difference. Considering they are new they were quite well worn. Neither the bluetooth paring or wireless charging worked and my seat took a lot of persuasion to go fully flat. There was a lot of galley noise from the crew, enough to put me off selecting these seats on an overnight, proximity to bathrooms wasn't an issue. I’ve selected 1D&H for our return next month which is a day flight so if theres another “galley party” it won’t be a problem.

It was our first time using AF in years. This seat is a huge plus for them, but pretty much everything else falls a fair bit short of our usual choices (WY, QR and SQ). That said we would use them again if they came up at the significantly lower price.
Bullspread and troubleonline like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.