Wiki Posts
Search

A350-900 biz class seat reco?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2024 | 7:19 pm
5 Years on Site

Hi Guys,

Just booked ORD CDG in J on AF on A359.

Seat map shows ADHL. This means new configuration, right?

It appears that AF is not letting me select row 1 in any seat.

Am traveling with wife and an older couple (in their 70s) with moderate mobility. Extra comfort for them would be helpful.

Had the thought of putting them together in the middle and wife and I on either end (we don't need to sit together).

Thoughts on what seats we should get? Is row 1 that much more room?
Old May 31, 2024 | 6:28 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by purdue1015
Hi Guys,

Am traveling with wife and an older couple (in their 70s) with moderate mobility. Extra comfort for them would be helpful.

Had the thought of putting them together in the middle and wife and I on either end (we don't need to sit together).

ADHL is the new configuration. Row 1 (and 10AL) is a lot more room than the other seats (which are otherwise all the same). At some point, AF will decide to unblock them if they think no Gold/Platinums will book, but until then.
purdue1015 likes this.
Old May 31, 2024 | 1:40 pm
5 Years on Site

Thank you!
Old Jun 22, 2024 | 8:49 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by hhdl
ADHL is the new configuration. Row 1 (and 10AL) is a lot more room than the other seats (which are otherwise all the same). At some point, AF will decide to unblock them if they think no Gold/Platinums will book, but until then.
Hi Guys,

Just to follow up on this.

My wife and I (younger couple) are traveling with elderly family. We made two separate bookings. We booked award tickets through VS for this AF operated flight. VS was able to seat our family in 1DH (which is great! Their comfort is most important). VS agent put wife and I in 2D/H.

When I try to switch our seats to 1A/L, it won't let me. Think it could be worth calling VS back to see if they can do it? or should I just wait and see closer in if 1A/L remain open for us to switch to.

Thanks!

EDIT

Flying Blue just started a status match for USA based flyers. I just completed that and should get approved for Gold. Hopefully that will open up 1A/L for us. Will report back.

Last edited by purdue1015; Jun 24, 2024 at 6:12 am
Old Jun 23, 2024 | 5:39 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Re: Row 1/10 bulkhead blocking, just wanted to report a data point.

I just booked a LAX-CDG-XXX in April 25 with points and no status and I was seemingly able to select freely in rows 1 and 10 with the new layout. 1D/1H and 10A/10L were unavailable but I was able to select 1A - 1D, 10D, 10H also available. It's still >10 months out so still obviously possible to get moved around but at least right now I have 1A
the phoenix likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2024 | 12:28 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

On an older A350 (9 rows), where all window seats are taken, would rather pick 1C, 9C, or some arbitrary D/H seat? This is a night flight, I mainly plan to sleep.

Thanks a lot,

Shuly
Old Jul 1, 2024 | 9:03 am
5 Years on Site

Just to follow up on this.

My wife and I (younger couple) are traveling with elderly family. We made two separate bookings. We booked award tickets through VS for this AF operated flight. VS was able to seat our family in 1DH (which is great! Their comfort is most important). VS agent put wife and I in 2D/H.

When I try to switch our seats to 1A/L, it won't let me. Think it could be worth calling VS back to see if they can do it? or should I just wait and see closer in if 1A/L remain open for us to switch to.

Thanks!

EDIT

Flying Blue just started a status match for USA based flyers. I just completed that and should get approved for Gold. Hopefully that will open up 1A/L for us. Will report back.
Following up. For this VS ticketed AF operated 359 J award flight, ORD CDG...

My Gold status match is finally reflected in my Flying Blue account.

It still won't let me select 1A/L in app (from our current 2D/H). Is calling AF best way to get seat change?
Old Jul 1, 2024 | 9:08 am
50 Countries Visited2M60 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold

It still won't let me select 1A/L in app (from our current 2D/H). Is calling AF best way to get seat change?
I believe that row 1 is blocked for Plat and Ulti until check in opens.
purdue1015 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2024 | 9:16 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
I believe that row 1 is blocked for Plat and Ulti until check in opens.
Bummer. My understanding was Plat or Gold 🤦‍♂️

Think if I called VS they'd change them for me? They put is in 2D/H. And our elderly family in 1D/H.

Appreciate the feedback.
Old Jul 29, 2024 | 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier
Anyone have any experience with Row 8 aisle and (for a child) window? Prefereable to Row 14?
Old Jul 30, 2024 | 5:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, BA Gold, Ex-skywards Platnium
Row 14 is a bit annoying when boarding and during the flight as W passengers will have to pass by when boarding and FAs use the galley in between the mini and full J cabins to serve meals.
Old Jul 30, 2024 | 9:19 am

Programs: UA Premier
Very helpful. Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2024 | 4:07 pm
5 Years on Site

Bummer. My understanding was Plat or Gold 🤦‍♂️

Think if I called VS they'd change them for me? They put is in 2D/H. And our elderly family in 1D/H.

Appreciate the feedback.
Had equipment change for this November ORD CDG flight from new 359 to "old" 359.

New question. currently P2 and I are in 2EG and elderly family is in 4EG. For a couple wanting to sit together, is there a better EG seat on this old configuration?

Thank you!
Old Jul 30, 2024 | 5:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, BA Gold, Ex-skywards Platnium
https://www.aerolopa.com/af-359-1
purdue1015 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.