Search

A350-900 biz class seat reco?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024 | 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott
A350-900 biz class seat reco?

Hello

i was lucky to find a mistake fare from Ord to cdg in biz class.
any recos on seat selections? Does bulkhead row have more footwell space? Can’t seem to find much on seatmaps.com

if all seats are exactly the same, would rather head for the middle of the cabin away from toilets and galley.

thanks for your advice. Excited to sit up front!
Old Jan 13, 2024 | 1:14 am
50 Countries Visited1M5 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL FB Platinum, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
What “mistake fare” did you get? AF is currently running a Business class Promo fare from ORD- CDG (also BER and prolly other cities) for about $2500 US return. If this is the fare, it’s not a mistake, it’s just a typical promo fare.
Old Jan 13, 2024 | 4:33 am

Best seats on old configuration are even numbered rows seat A or L for single travellers, as the are the most private.
I have never had any issues regarding toilet or galley no matter where I have been seated.
I'm probably the od one out here but I prefer 8L.

New configuration row 1 and 10 has much more leg room.

Last edited by Stil; Jan 13, 2024 at 6:05 am
Old Jan 13, 2024 | 5:46 am
30 Countries Visited3M15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by seetheworld15
Hello

i was lucky to find a mistake fare from Ord to cdg in biz class.
any recos on seat selections? Does bulkhead row have more footwell space? Can’t seem to find much on seatmaps.com

if all seats are exactly the same, would rather head for the middle of the cabin away from toilets and galley.

thanks for your advice. Excited to sit up front!
To answer your question...yes. Row 1 and 10 have much more space. I have flown in 1A several times and it is lovely. This is not to say they will not swap your plane for the older 350 version where row 1 is not as good as even rows.

Last edited by ATLCDG; Jan 13, 2024 at 5:53 am
Old Jan 13, 2024 | 5:58 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by ATLCDG
To answer your question...yes. Row 1 and 10 have much more space. I have flown in 1A several times and it is lovely. This is not to say they will not swap your plane for the older 350 version where row 1 is not as good as even rows.
I don't think new seat vs. Polaris seat has been disclosed by the OP.

To the OP, are there CEGJ seats on the seat map, or is every row ADHL? If there are CEGJ seats, you have the older, Polaris seats (probably more likely than the new seats to ORD), in which case even row A & L are recommended for solo travelers. If row 1 is ADHL, it's the new seat where row 1 and 10A/L have extra room (though note that selection of those extra room seats is limited to elites until 72 hours before departure).
Old Jan 13, 2024 | 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Utskicat
What “mistake fare” did you get? AF is currently running a Business class Promo fare from ORD- CDG (also BER and prolly other cities) for about $2500 US return. If this is the fare, it’s not a mistake, it’s just a typical promo fare.

booked a few months back. Ord to cdg to Hanoi for 12,500 pts biz class. Saw it on another site and jumped.
NA-Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024 | 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATLCDG
Thank you for your feedback and help!
Old Jan 13, 2024 | 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhdl

To the OP, are there CEGJ seats on the seat map, or is every row ADHL? If there are CEGJ seats, you have the older, Polaris seats (probably more likely than the new seats to ORD), in which case even row A & L are recommended for solo travelers. If row 1 is ADHL, it's the new seat where row 1 and 10A/L have extra room (though note that selection of those extra room seats is limited to elites until 72 hours before departure).
Spoiler

Old Jan 13, 2024 | 8:46 am
50 Countries Visited2M60 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
can you help me decode your acronyms!? The best i can tell is that it’s a newer 350 from what seat maps is showing.
hhdl didn't post acronyms. Those are suffixes to seat numbers; CEGJ would be seats 1C, 1E, 1G, or 1J and so on. Just as ADHL would be seats 1A, 1D, 1H, or 1L and so on.

If you have the old style layout, you will have seat numbers with letters C, E, G, J. If it is indeed the older Polaris style layout, and you are traveling alone, then pick any of the A or L numbered seats as they offer the most privacy. If you are a couple traveling together, then in my opinion then the E and G seat-pairs offer the best privacy.
PETERPNYC and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024 | 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Spoiler

It’s adhl. I was able to select a seat in row 1 without status. Pulled this map from delta as the AF app isn’t working. Thanks again. And now…the real challenge. Vietnam airlines doesn’t let you select seats if you book via a partner airline. I’ve called AF and even the San Francisco office for Vietnam airlines. I’m rolling the dice and hoping it’s a light crowd. Long flight to have a crappy seat… Thanks all for your help and advice.
Old Jan 14, 2024 | 2:17 am
30 Countries Visited3M15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat

OP mentioned route and it currently is new config.
Old Jan 17, 2024 | 12:46 pm
10 Years on Site

Not really for OP but in case anyone from AF is lurking here. There are new seat map pictures on the AF website (which are quite nice actually) but there is a coding error on the new A350-900 seat map. It weirdly shows rows 2 and 3 switched in the middle (DH) section. So for example I have 3 A D H L chosen for an upcoming flight, but on the new seat map picture it shows 3D and 3H a row ahead.
Old Jan 19, 2024 | 1:28 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

It’s adhl. I was able to select a seat in row 1 without status. Pulled this map from delta as the AF app isn’t working. Thanks again. And now…the real challenge. Vietnam airlines doesn’t let you select seats if you book via a partner airline. I’ve called AF and even the San Francisco office for Vietnam airlines. I’m rolling the dice and hoping it’s a light crowd. Long flight to have a crappy seat… Thanks all for your help and advice.
I think AF dropped the requirement for being Elite to pick the bulkhead seats, at least on certain flights. I'm flying EWR-CDG round-trip next month and was able to select 1A on both flights without having status.
Violin1990 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 5:06 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by siege101
I think AF dropped the requirement for being Elite to pick the bulkhead seats, at least on certain flights. I'm flying EWR-CDG round-trip next month and was able to select 1A on both flights without having status.
It's the bassinet seats that they block which are in different places on different layouts.
Old Jan 22, 2024 | 1:07 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
booked a few months back. Ord to cdg to Hanoi for 12,500 pts biz class. Saw it on another site and jumped.
Is your ticket still valid and voided?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.