odd availability

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2024 | 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: FB , BA Gold
AF1811 is now J2C2
Old May 15, 2024 | 8:35 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by ft101
If you bought the 2 available you might see more open up as the computer takes note and realises there is demand. Since you posted there's another seat taken but still 2 available which could be an indicator that's what already happened.
Yeah, I had something like this a year ago, trying to get 3 in J to BER from BOS (revenue ticket for me and 2 companions on award). I booked them in J then booked myself on separate tickets (J longhaul and Y to BER). The next day the curtain moved back 2 rows (A220), so I rebooked mine for J on one ticket.
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old May 15, 2024 | 10:46 am
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by brunos
AF1811 is now J2C2
i had made a "dummy reservation" for two seats without completing the payment process. that's why J2 disappeared. it reappeared probably after the temporary reservation was cancelled automatically.
Old May 20, 2024 | 3:00 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Availability can be different for standalone flight and connecting flight, as I interestingly found out about 6 montha ago in a KL flight.

J availability was zeroed on short haul so I automatically got bopped in Y for that leg A call to plat line was able to sort things out. They were willing to increase J capacity for connections to long haul, but not to sell the short haul flight as ia. ( Arguably because they know it'a not worth buying)

Also I now regret it as I probably would have enjoyed the downgrade comp peanuts more than the wanderbox I turned down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.