Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

When do Air France and KLM dump last minute saver awards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do Air France and KLM dump last minute saver awards?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2024, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Arrow When do Air France and KLM dump last minute saver awards?

Hi,

When are the new last minute saver (50k)award space for flying blue (especially Air France) long haul likely to open up? Is it T14, T7, T3, or can it be any time?
How likely/consistent is it?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2024, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by PurpleCloud777
How likely/consistent is it?
There is no such thing as "saver awards" and there is no such thing as "last minute saver awards".

There is no such thing as "dumping" awards.

It is rare for the price of award seats to come down; that said, the long summer holiday when business travel is almost non-existent is when availability may be better; that said, they can forecast demand with sufficient precision that ther should rarely be a need to reduce or "dump" awards at the last minute.

There certainly is no fixed routine whereby you can expect a certain point in time when the price drop may occur, if it ever happens at all.

Because you have only spoken in generalities I cannot go into any more detail. There is no overarching system of reducing award seat pricing at fixed deadlines prior to departure.
Old Jun 21, 2024, 11:20 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
No one knows. I had situations where apparently a flight had still loads of seats and when unexpectedly I needed to fly and award flights were dead cheap last minute - and of course the revierse, that last minute booking would be expensive. You only can check. As a general rule, if you see a good miles offer for award flights on dates that suit you, take it. Even if months in advance, chances that you will get lower prices closer to flight dates are very uncertain.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 4:07 pm

Programs: Lotz
My experience is that Flying Blue is dysfunctional over half the time and it's software doesn't put savers, new or returned, on until it's fixed, when there's a flood of savers. I remember last Christmas a couple savers opening within a day or two of Christmas day when i flew on a saver. fwiw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.