Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

NZ baggage allowances for domestic flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ baggage allowances for domestic flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
The other domestic flight is standalone and can be booked with AC miles for just 7.5K miles. I have some AC miles that is not of much use and since this award does not even have taxes was thinking of using AC miles.
Thank you for this nugget of information! These awards don't seem to show up on the Aeroplan award chart, but if you go into the booking engine, sure enough NZ domestic flights are 7.5K Aeroplan miles one way, and there seems to be remarkably decent availability.

As it happens, I have some trifling totals of Aeroplan miles that might otherwise go to waste, so this is of great interest to me, especially for booking between regional centres where the airfares are often extortionate. For main trunk jet bookings it's not such an effective use of miles, however.

All award bookings with Air New Zealand in my experience will include checked baggage, so I'd be amazed if that's not the case with these.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
Baggage handlers in NZ aren't shaved gorillas, and there are no worries about TSA screeners having a pick through your luggage.
Post of the day. Chapeau
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Update: booked tickets on Jet star by transferring 6,400 TYP points to QF. Booked a AKL-WLG-CHC itinerary. Used the multi-city tool to have a long transit at CHC. Taxes were USD 12ish per segment. Not bad value.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: booked tickets on Jetstar by transferring 6,400 TYP points to QF. Booked a AKL-WLG-CHC itinerary. Used the multi-city tool to have a long transit at CHC. Taxes were USD 12ish per segment. Not bad value.
You can buy AKL-CHC on JQ for cash for as little as NZ$69 (plus checked bag fee) at times.
Did you book seat only or seat & bag?
But I have no idea if a QF award booking has bags
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Update: booked tickets on Jet star by transferring 6,400 TYP points to QF. Booked a AKL-WLG-CHC itinerary. Used the multi-city tool to have a long transit at CHC. Taxes were USD 12ish per segment. Not bad value.
Did they note what the taxes we're, seems pretty odd for an route that should in theory have zero taxes apart from GST. Which is 15% of ticket cost, wouldn't apply as its an reward ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.