Wiki Posts
Search

Menus and meals 2022-2023

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2023 | 3:09 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
IAH-AKL 21 Dec 2023

It’s my 5th flight to/from the US in J on NZ for 2023, and about 5.5 months since my last NZ J flight and honestly I feel the menu has been exactly the same the whole year. I’ve got a AKL-SFO tomorrow in J so let’s see what the menu looks like for that

Old Dec 26, 2023 | 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Plat
NZ284 AKL-SIN
Premium Economy

I selected Braised Ribs for first meal, and Lamb for the second.

Old Dec 26, 2023 | 6:39 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

NZ 24

Old Dec 30, 2023 | 9:33 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)

NZ76 ICN-AKL, BP menu, Dec 2023

the main was .... interesting. the description didn't make it sound like it was going to be a bibimbap with slices of beef, but it turned out that way. Tasted reasonably good

breakfast I took the bagel, didn't have a picture. was vile and tasteless literally 80% bagel, 20% egg thing which had no taste. curtainly had no bacon in mine.

service was good overall.
Old Jan 1, 2024 | 4:31 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

NZ10 AKL- HNL PE 31 Dec 23

Mains we had one of each. Didn't feel like a full meal at 1130pm after already having eaten in the lounge.

Chicken was rubbery and unappealing, orzo was salty.

Lamb was tasty but had already had lamb in the lounge, zucchini was quite spicy, good, but would have been too much for some.

Breakfast we both had French toast, just ok but too sweet. Fruit bowls were a good size.

There was no pre take off drink which we have had in the past pre covid. Not sure if it's just not a done thing anymore.

Lamb

Chicken
Old Jan 2, 2024 | 11:06 pm

Programs: AA OW
ORD-AKL Dec 31, 2023

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
It’s my 5th flight to/from the US in J on NZ for 2023, and about 5.5 months since my last NZ J flight and honestly I feel the menu has been exactly the same the whole year. I’ve got a AKL-SFO tomorrow in J so let’s see what the menu looks like for that
Same menu as post 316. I had the Super Salad with chicken and it was good. DW had Short Rib and thought it was a little dry, but still very good.

We both had the Poached Eggs for breakfast and they were very nice. Did not eat much of the Salmon, found it salty. I had the Overnight Oats which were kind of heavy on the yogurt but I would order again. Had double shot cappuccinos that I really enjoyed, great coffee flavor.

The crew were excellent and very attentive. Served the LP Champagne.

My first time in ANZ J and I found the seat comfortable for 16 hours. I had 6 hours in bed mode that I found comfortable but I did not sleep well. The seat has very little storage but there is some good space behind. I brought 2 small bags to gather my junk and could easily put them /reach them behind the seat.

My Sunday flight was delayed 2.3 hours for crew rest. The inbound Friday flight got in 2.6 hours later so it might be a good idea to check inbound from 2 days before. ANZ texted me in the morning to tell me about the delay. But the App still showed check-in closing at the normal time 5:25pm for the 6:55. I arrived by 5pm for a 9:15 flight. I asked and they said check-in would stay open later, maybe 6pm.

Last edited by ClearedAF; Jan 2, 2024 at 11:35 pm
Old Jan 2, 2024 | 11:26 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand, Qantas, Vietnam Airlines
NZ 283 SIN to AKL

Had avoided NZ for awhile.and in ntwrested to see if improved. Unfortunately, no change. Sinner service took over 2.5 hours. My partner got their main 30 min..after mine. On a 9 hour flight, you want a quick meal and then bed.
Food was just Ok. Not hot, appearance poor but nice variety.
But compared to connecting SQ flight from Tokyo which was perfect, NZ hasna very long road to go.

​​
poopbunny likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024 | 11:48 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Closed as 2023 has come to an end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.