Search

Auckland International Koru Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2024 | 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by edmm
Mrs edmm and I are both Elites and we invariably go to the Strata Lounge, buying coffee on the way. It is so much quieter. We don't even bother trying the NZ lounge, which is a very sad situation. We have been telling NZ that for years.
Do you not bother to get a voucher from NZ Lounge? So self-pay? That is indeed a sad state of affairs....
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 7:47 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Perhaps if every Gold Elite asked for Strata passes NZ might get the message?!
You can would hope so, good to know that you can get Strata Passes in lieu of your Silver eVouchers too. I let my NZ status drop, and start to fly QF the lounge access wasn’t worth it anymore with NZ. I’ve got a upcoming NZ flight, that I was just going to use one of my Amex vouchers for the Strata lounge but might drop by the NZ lounge to get a voucher…

I really think they should open up the EP1 lounge space to Elite.

How many EP1’s are spending their own cash on NZ? Most of them are probably flying NZ as it the only direction option / corp contract.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 8:13 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
You can would hope so, good to know that you can get Strata Passes in lieu of your Silver eVouchers too. I let my NZ status drop, and start to fly QF the lounge access wasn’t worth it anymore with NZ. I’ve got a upcoming NZ flight, that I was just going to use one of my Amex vouchers for the Strata lounge but might drop by the NZ lounge to get a voucher…

How many EP1’s are spending their own cash on NZ? Most of them are probably flying NZ as it the only direction option / corp contract.
Well the EP1 dictate that corporate policy. Don't look after them AirNZ losses it largest customers to other airlines for Long Haul. The whole point of EP1 is so they don't vote with their wallet.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 10:48 pm

Those EP1 lounges are tiny anyway, maybe a couple of couches and few chairs.

There are so many elites as well. Generally spot about dozen tags on peoples bags each time in the lounge. And there are usually plenty on bags at luggage claim too.
Ellice likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 10:52 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by Workhorse
The real question is…… would you be served two drinks at the same time in the EP1 space? 😉
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 11:11 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

There are so many elites as well. Generally spot about dozen tags on peoples bags each time in the lounge. And there are usually plenty on bags at luggage claim too.
And imagine how many more tags there would be if the tags actually did something. E.g. used to enforce 1 or 2 carryon. Or had RFID/eInk so could be used for bag tags. Or bringing back the original fast bag.

Right now the only people with elite bag tags are the people who get an ego boost from it. As they are pointless for anything else.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 11:39 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by samjnz
Yeah -- in the past I've just gone up to the front desk and asked for a Strata voucher and they've always given one without question
So you can ask for one even if the Air NZ lounge isn't rammed? Might do that in a few day's time just to try the other place out.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samjaynz
So you can ask for one even if the Air NZ lounge isn't rammed? Might do that in a few day's time just to try the other place out.
If so, please do report back. I have WLG-AKL-SYD in J mid-Aug, and from 0705 arrival to 0900 departure makes the whole thing a bit of an unpleasant sprint.....

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jun 29, 2024 at 1:03 am
Old Jun 29, 2024 | 12:32 am
15 Years on Site

The AKL Intl one is a reasonable size, it was maybe posted in the media last year or the year before. If you see the “Fire Evac” plans around the lounge, you’ll see the floor plan of the EP1 space. It’s a two story space, with the old public viewing deck being apart of the EP1 space.
Old Jun 29, 2024 | 12:35 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by JayKiwi
The real question is…… would you be served two drinks at the same time in the EP1 space? 😉
Surely EP1 get the whole bottle brought to your table?
Old Jun 29, 2024 | 12:40 am
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Air NZ *E
Surely EP1 get the whole bottle brought to your table?
The whole bottle of Dulcet 😆
jimmyah and Murihiku like this.
Old Jun 29, 2024 | 12:43 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: NZ GE, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by nzkarit
And imagine how many more tags there would be if the tags actually did something. E.g. used to enforce 1 or 2 carryon. Or had RFID/eInk so could be used for bag tags. Or bringing back the original fast bag.

Right now the only people with elite bag tags are the people who get an ego boost from it. As they are pointless for anything else.
It's how you spot someone in their first year as EG (which also included me).
W91238 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2024 | 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrLovebucket
It's how you spot someone in their first year as EG (which also included me).
My EG luggage tag(s) are only useful for poking into those power slots that some hotel rooms have. So they rank alongside a business card that has no relevance to me.
W91238 and MrLovebucket like this.
Old Jun 29, 2024 | 1:17 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by JayKiwi
The whole bottle of Dulcet 😆
I think I would do straight vodka shots over Dulcet
Fliar and JayKiwi like this.
Old Jun 29, 2024 | 1:21 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
They recently dumped the Kiwi Martini (formerly known as the High Flyer since the lounge opened) as well. 😢

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.