Wiki Posts
Search

Auckland International Koru Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2024 | 2:36 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I have never heard of anybody asking for a pass and getting one.

If the lounge is super busy they will give vouchers particularly to groups.
​​​​​​I've asked the last two times I've been there and they've happily given me one
Old Jul 30, 2024 | 3:11 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ *Silver, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold
Walked in on Monday at 0740-ish, did a circuit and walked straight out again. Looked like there were three seats at the bar, and a couple of odd singles. The chef station was cooking omelettes which looked good, but didn’t balance out the lack of places to sit.

As we left for the Priority Pass (Strata) lounge they had stopped people coming in.

The Strata Lounge was open, airy and calm. Perfectly fine for an hour.

KiwiSurfer and Murihiku like this.
Old Jul 30, 2024 | 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by RedVee
Walked in on Monday at 0740-ish, did a circuit and walked straight out again. Looked like there were three seats at the bar, and a couple of odd singles. The chef station was cooking omelettes which looked good, but didn’t balance out the lack of places to sit.

As we left for the Priority Pass (Strata) lounge they had stopped people coming in.

The Strata Lounge was open, airy and calm. Perfectly fine for an hour.
Did you ask for a Strata Pass on exit? Or access it via your own PriorityPass account?
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 12:20 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ *Silver, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Did you ask for a Strata Pass on exit? Or access it via your own PriorityPass account?
Own account. But a couple we met at Wellington Rydges the night before, no status but in business to SIN, were declined entry to Air NZ lounge but given passes to the Strata lounge
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Own account. But a couple we met at Wellington Rydges the night before, no status but in business to SIN, were declined entry to Air NZ lounge but given passes to the Strata lounge
Heading WLG-AKL-SYD (and onwards) shortly with a family member. First time in J for them & no status, and am thinking the Strata Lounge might be a better option given the pretty tight transit at AKL....
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 1:52 pm

Programs: NZ*S, QFF, Accor Gold
Rydges. The struggles of a morning flight living in Kapiti.
RedVee likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZKNHB
Rydges. The struggles of a morning flight living in Kapiti.
Tell me about it! Tired of NZ402…..especially if connecting at AKL for onwards travel.
RedVee and ZKNHB like this.
Old Aug 3, 2024 | 10:53 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Was there Wednesday evening. Got there at 5pm was quiet: by 530pm it was heaving.
Old Aug 4, 2024 | 2:17 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ Koru
8am this morning, the que at the door was a massive zoo!

Basically operating as a one in/out policy…. Strata vouchers were being freely given out to anyone that wanted them. They just need an express line for people that want to goto the Strata lounge, or put a NZ employee up there so people can directly go there.

The Prem Check-in was a joke too, felt like there was more people in there the main check-in zone.
Old Aug 4, 2024 | 5:48 pm
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
8am this morning, the que at the door was a massive zoo!

Basically operating as a one in/out policy…. Strata vouchers were being freely given out to anyone that wanted them. They just need an express line for people that want to goto the Strata lounge, or put a NZ employee up there so people can directly go there.

The Prem Check-in was a joke too, felt like there was more people in there the main check-in zone.
Inside the premium check-in zone, is the J/Elite only area generally a bit more quiet?
Old Aug 4, 2024 | 5:58 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand
40 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyer94
Inside the premium check-in zone, is the J/Elite only area generally a bit more quiet?
Yes.

Interesting observation yesterday at about 08:55. Only pax in Premium Check-in were transit pax from SIN going to WLG. My bags were accepted at 08:58 for NZ417. (cutoff was 09:00)
Old Aug 4, 2024 | 6:39 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by WLG Base
Yes.

Interesting observation yesterday at about 08:55. Only pax in Premium Check-in were transit pax from SIN going to WLG. My bags were accepted at 08:58 for NZ417. (cutoff was 09:00)
So they are doing domestic bag drop in the premium area again?

Yay beats the queue for the regular domestic bag drop.
Old Aug 5, 2024 | 1:00 am
50 Countries Visited

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by nzkarit
So they are doing domestic bag drop in the premium area again?

Yay beats the queue for the regular domestic bag drop.
Yep, have done this a few times lately, mostly evening TT/Island arrival (~5pm) and also after the morning SIN arrival (~8:30am). Every time I’ve arrived, there has been a considerable queue at the regular domestic bag drop desk, but premium has always been quiet during those times, usually with no queue at all.
Old Aug 5, 2024 | 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Nightowl888
Yep, have done this a few times lately, mostly evening TT/Island arrival (~5pm) and also after the morning SIN arrival (~8:30am). Every time I’ve arrived, there has been a considerable queue at the regular domestic bag drop desk, but premium has always been quiet during those times, usually with no queue at all.
Do you mean we can bag drop at the premium check in part? (Obviously if we are gold, koru, etc)
Old Aug 5, 2024 | 4:41 pm
30 Countries Visited40 Nights2M15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Yes. Never had a problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.