Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airpoints changes incoming thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2024 | 7:29 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Too hard from New Zealand. We can't access the HSBC card.

I just bailed and got QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire when they had a double status credit promo earlier this year. Took a couple of trans tasman QF J trips. One I was going to do anyway. Was superb in San Diego recently when I got up front seats on an AS flight and priority check in, even the express security lanes in AKL make a difference, if you only had oneworld sapphire. Also was able to use the Emirates lounges in MEL & SYD on transtasman flights, who leave any other lounge food in the dust, anywhere in the world. Might go for QF Platinum if they run that double status credit promo again.

Last edited by Ellice; Jun 6, 2024 at 7:39 pm
Old Jun 6, 2024 | 7:56 pm

O'Brien seems to be saying they've revamped the airpoints dashboard. Wouldn't have thought that was the highest priority. There are certainly other things they need to do before they revamp the dashboard. Agreed a poorly worded wordsoup of an announcement...
Old Jun 6, 2024 | 9:30 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Ellice
O'Brien seems to be saying they've revamped the airpoints dashboard. Wouldn't have thought that was the highest priority. There are certainly other things they need to do before they revamp the dashboard. Agreed a poorly worded wordsoup of an announcement...
Suspect new dashboard means they are replatforming loyalty. When they are on the new platform may mean they have options for the new AP program features.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 4:17 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
It's 12000 miles to requalify A3*G with 4 A3/OA flights or 24000 miles without which is still extremely easy.

It's the first year that is more challenging, requiring double the above if I recall correctly.

I have now got myself an HSBC *A credit card with complementary *G status so am thinking about using AC more.
Yes, if you are gold A3 to requalify its 4 Aegean or Olympic flights and 12000 miles. The alternative used to be 24000 miles *A miles but recently changed to 70000 *A miles. A3 has a real extensive network in Europe we use to get around when we go to Europe from NZ. Like this year going from Luxembourg via Athens to Kefalonia, a week or so on the Island then Kefalonia via Athens to Skopjie so 4 sectors done 6000 miles done. After having good look round North Macedonia and Albania then flying from Tirana to Frankfurt then because its the best option and adds 3000 miles so requalification mostly done and will have used our complementary A3 business class upgrades which is bonus as the meals are generally a worthwhile experience. As have to go thru US this year found a great way home with Singapore. They fly JFK/FRA/SIN/AKL bookable on one PNR, just did stopovers in FRA and SIN and for 3 sectors pricewise very competitive. The last leg is on AIRNZ metal.
Ellice likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Ellice
Agree, love that comment 'wordsoup'. Honestly the email update about the airpoints changes looks like it's been written by someone who has English as a second language, it's shockingly bad. It's full of grammatical errors, and doesn't make sense the way they have worded it. I seem to recall this being a familiar issue with other communication from Air NZ. I think they need to look elsewhere for a comm's person who can write these.
Ellice likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 1:46 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite. Qantas Gold
Halve it

To the extent it has anything to say, it could be said in half the words or less. Even allowing for a few of the usual self-praising adjectives.
Ellice likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 8:02 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Murihiku
Even just a separate Elite lounge in the main ports where you can find a seat...
If competitors are offering plated champagne dining for their Elite equivalent, one would think that would be the minimum.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 8:51 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by Workhorse
Can always use the reciprocal reward fares with United (AKL-SFO route). $1600nzd one way polaris business class is not to be scoffed at!
Wait come again, how do you do this?
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 9:03 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part.../search-flight
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 10:19 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Workhorse
Can always use the reciprocal reward fares with United (AKL-SFO route). $1600nzd one way polaris business class is not to be scoffed at!
how do we book this?

sorry just saw question above
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tairantei
how do we book this?

sorry just saw question above
Log onto your account and use the linked portal to try and find partner availability. Very patchy, and you might have to call AirNZ.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 10:53 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited

yea the best I've gotten was short haul hops between SEA, but nothing really to/from NZ
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 11:17 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I'm really puzzled why Air NZ don't make a bigger effort to promote their partner booking site. Sure there are shortcomings that we all know about but there can also be some incredibly good deals.

It is a great way of booking QF domestic flights for often significantly less than QF are selling them for... And likewise US domestic and short-haul flights within Asia can often be picked up for great prices.
Old Jun 12, 2024 | 1:47 pm

UA J AKL-SFO/LAX availability does not appear on the NZ partner portal, even if you can see it on the other Star Alliance programs. So you have to have miles in those other programs. Been discussed at length here in the past why the J space from NZ partners is not appearing on the NZ site. Even SYD-SFO/LAX in UA J is not appearing on the NZ site, only the Y award space on UA seems to appear.
Old Jun 19, 2024 | 3:23 pm

We are removing tier review dates and will review your account on your tier end date at end of the month. Your tier end date will be as follows:
  • If your previous tier review date fell on the 1st-16th of a month, your tier end date will move to the end of that same calendar month. For example, a 3 April tier review date will become 30 April.
  • If your previous tier review date fell on the 17th-31st of the month, your tier end date will move to the end of the following calendar month. For example, a 28 February review date becomes 31 March.
Looks like they updated with details of the tier review date changes.

Unfortunately, this works against me as I planned for certain SP earn to fall into the following year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.