Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ lounge in Hong Kong?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006 | 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Air NZ lounge in Hong Kong?

The Air NZ lounge guide notes that the HK lounge does not have any "light refreshments".

Can anyone who has been there recently confirm or rubbish this? Is there no food at all in the lounge?

Cheers
AT
Old Aug 3, 2006 | 10:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
20 Years on Site

Programs: some
NZ uses the RCC at HKG, so limited to the food and drink that an RCC offers. Sorry for not providing a more definitive answer - I try very hard to avoid RCCs

Of course if travelling *A in business, or having *G status, you could use one of the other HKG *A lounges (SQ or TG).
Old Aug 3, 2006 | 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Cheers for the info. Struggling to find any feedback on FT or Google as to whether the lounge is any good. Has anyone been there recently?
Old Aug 3, 2006 | 11:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
20 Years on Site

TG lounge is much better.
Old Aug 3, 2006 | 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Sadly won't have that option as will be travelling in Y using Koru Club access
Old Aug 3, 2006 | 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Last week transiting in HKG between MUC and AKL, I was instinctively attracted by the TG lounge.
Great view, attentive service and a buffet with real hot food.
Only one shower, though.
Old Aug 7, 2006 | 10:15 pm
Original Poster

OK - so the general consensus is that the TG lounge is lovely, but as noted above, I won't have access to that.

A question for the masses then: if the RCC is so dire (both LHR and HKG), and Koru membership will really only get me (and partner) access to decent lounges in NZ (we are there 3-4 trips per year), is there really any point in getting a Koru membership?

Sorry for asking this question across threads - but I had prev thought that AirNZ had its own lounges in HK and LHR, but this is obv not the case.
Old Aug 7, 2006 | 10:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
20 Years on Site

The RCC in HKG and LHR are better than waiting in the terminal. However you should not expect something of the standard of, for example, the NZ lounges at AKL.
Old Aug 8, 2006 | 10:35 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum (until December), FB Explorer, BA Blue, M&M Pleb
Do NZ plan to have a lounge of their own at HKG for their planned LHR-HJG-AKL service? The RCC lounge could be a bit of a let down for non status passengers flying in J (especially if they've done LHR-HKG on BA, VS or CX).
Old Aug 9, 2006 | 4:04 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by Ann Tyrol
The Air NZ lounge guide notes that the HK lounge does not have any "light refreshments".

Can anyone who has been there recently confirm or rubbish this? Is there no food at all in the lounge?

Cheers
AT
Hi AT. I can confirm there is indeed food at the HKG RCC (which is one of the best RCC's in the sytem). There was even a selection of hot Dim Sum at least when I was there in May

Jeff
Old Aug 9, 2006 | 6:34 pm

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Originally Posted by jswong
Hi AT. I can confirm there is indeed food at the HKG RCC (which is one of the best RCC's in the sytem). There was even a selection of hot Dim Sum at least when I was there in May

Jeff
I can confirm on a recent trip to the States that the RCC were very ordinary, with some of them being very tatty indeed, having little food, and having to bear the great shock of paying for the very ordinary booze.
Old Aug 9, 2006 | 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Hi all

Just a quick follow up - the Intl RCCs seems to be a completely kettle of fish from the US domestic RCCs. I posted a similar question in the United forum, and quite a few of them had been to it and said that as far as RCCs go, the HKG one was one of the best (see thread here Link)

Thankfully the only lounges I would be using are the HKG and perhaps occasionally the LHR lounge (hideous from all accounts), and the NZ domestic ones.

Thanks again for all comments and information!

Cheers
AT
Old Aug 9, 2006 | 10:29 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by WellingtonFF
I can confirm on a recent trip to the States that the RCC were very ordinary, with some of them being very tatty indeed, having little food, and having to bear the great shock of paying for the very ordinary booze.
Sure the RCC do not compare to any of the non U.S airlines network of lounges either in the U.S or out. There is however some food in the HKG RCC answering the OP's question. Perhaps I should have responded that the HKG RCC was one of the least substandard RCC's

Originally Posted by Ann Tyrol
Thankfully the only lounges I would be using are the HKG and perhaps occasionally the LHR lounge (hideous from all accounts), and the NZ domestic ones.

Thanks again for all comments and information!

Cheers
AT
Was in LHR monday (returned to NZ yesterday) and went to the RCC, London Lounge and SKL (1st visit here). By far the best is the LL followed by the SKL with the RCC last. The RCC did however provide a pretty decent amenity pack in the shower. Don't know that i'd describe the RCC as hideous but some might

Jeff
Old Aug 15, 2006 | 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I'm going to agree with Ann on this one. My expectations for the UA RCC in HKG were also pretty low, however I was very pleasantly surprised when I finally made it there.

It's a pretty solid lounge with some decent food and drinks and even icecream. The view from the lounge is also not too bad.

Whilst it is definitely not up to the standard of CX's Wing/Pier, it's definitely a notch up on the QF/BA lounge in HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.