Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B737-900ER

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013 | 1:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
15 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Bay Area Blue
No problem. I was just trying to see if anyone could spot where there door wood be when you are inside the aircraft. It is indeed surprising how visible the door gap is.
I did journey back to sit in the cramped *thin* seats in Y. But only to row 8 or so... then I scurried back to 2A Next time I'll have to walk back and look for it
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
15 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by COS flyer
The door is only required if seats go above 190 (I think). If the door is not required, the interior would get the regular sidewalks, making the door invisible.
Window alignment appears would be off...
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 1:27 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by hgdf
Along with the new safety announcement: "For your safety and security, we ask that you use the life raft in the cabin in which you are seated."
Oh goody F has 2 IIRC. One for pax and one for crew
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by baliktad
Hey, I paid for an F seat so I don't have to sit shoulder-to-shoulder with a bunch of gum-popping, armrest-hogging "budget" travelers. That applies whether we're cruising at 30,000 feet or floating at sea level.

If they care about their lives so much, they can fight over the life vests in coach (there are always 2 for every 3 seats) to survive or pay for F with a dedicated life vest and guaranteed life raft space.
Which seat on the raft is the most private?
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited20 Nights500k15 Years on Site

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LAXative
Which seat on the raft is the most private?
Is there a private lavatory for F passengers on the raft?
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Originally Posted by formeraa
That's why the gray band was added some decades ago -- specifically to assist emergency personnel outside the plane.
Note also that the '"gray band" is a highly reflective material - again to assist emergency personnel outside using flashlights/spotlights/etc.
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 9:01 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Anyone else notice the closet in F? It is hilariously small. My leather jacket took up a third the space alone. No way that 16 jackets could hangup in there.
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 9:14 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Is there a private lavatory for F passengers on the raft?
Is there a PDB on the raft?
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy - Platinum
Originally Posted by kwl747
Anyone else notice the closet in F? It is hilariously small. My leather jacket took up a third the space alone. No way that 16 jackets could hangup in there.
An FA told me that some of those aircraft only have one closet?
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Annandaler
Note also that the '"gray band" is a highly reflective material - again to assist emergency personnel outside using flashlights/spotlights/etc.
That is incorrect, it is standard aircraft paint. In the case of Alaska's planes in the standard scheme the color is BAC707 Gloss Gray.
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 12:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
An FA told me that some of those aircraft only have one closet?
That's correct, the 900ER only has one forward closet, between the L1 door and row 1 of F, just like on the -700. The closet is in the same position as where the dige cart is stowed on the -800. However, the -800 has two forward closets: one on either side of the aisle aft of the forward galley.

The soft bulkhead between F and Y, combined with the lack of additional closets or mid-cabin lav allows them to squeeze in 9 extra Y seats, compared to the non-ER 739.

Last edited by EIPremier; Mar 15, 2013 at 12:58 pm
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 5:36 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
The FAs hate that closet. One of them was complaining about it when we were leaving SEA the other day on one. Great plane though.

Originally Posted by Aaron01
AS rafts have complimentary water.
Old Mar 15, 2013 | 5:40 pm
15 Years on Site

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by tusphotog
The FAs hate that closet. One of them was complaining about it when we were leaving SEA the other day on one. Great plane though.

Originally Posted by Aaron01
AS rafts have complimentary water.
Must have the same sign as lavs saying its not potable
Old Apr 1, 2013 | 10:15 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Platinum For Life
Why are there no window shades in the Exit Rows on the ER's? All of the other planes have shades in the exit rows.

Laptop privacy screens do not mix with sunlight!

In all honestly, this is a harmless rant, but I'm going to be more careful on which side of the plane I sit on in the morning/evening if there's a chance I'm going to be on -900.
Old Apr 1, 2013 | 11:21 am

Sat in the F seats on one of these the other day, and was shocked at how little they reclined/how tight the pitch was. The rest of the interior was nice enough.

I guess I've been flying too much AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.