Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to Fiji in Business with miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2020 | 3:27 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Precisely why I said my itinerary is listed under Pipe Dreams. Oh, and a Vaccine isn't a panacea!

James
Old Oct 9, 2020 | 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Fiji Airways is a mess right now so booking them is risky
Old Oct 10, 2020 | 12:49 pm
20 Countries Visited20 Nights1M20 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Some people are replying to Jan 2020 posts (pre Covid-19)

-----> Covid-19 ??
-----> Exiting bookings/school holidays??
07 Oct 2020 (news.com.au) ---> Grim forecast about when you can travel overseas
Dont think it's Covid-related as there's Y and J available before, and after, the dates in July. And there's availability DURING these dates LAX-NAN and SFO-LAX. Just 0 availability on ANY day ex-NAN for that block of time. I'd guess it's related to summer travel peak travel dates? But strange there's award to, but not from, NAN.
Old Oct 10, 2020 | 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Fiji Airways is a mess right now so booking them is risky
Penalty free cancellation with AS miles so I don't see any risk with the award bookings?
Old Oct 10, 2020 | 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Penalty free cancellation with AS miles so I don't see any risk with the award bookings?
To each his own... I find Fiji to be a terrible partner when it comes to cancelling and changing flights on their own and not being reasonable to the customer. I hope anyone using their miles to fly Fiji doesn't reserve a non-refundable hotel rate.
Old Oct 10, 2020 | 3:43 pm

To each his own... I find Fiji to be a terrible partner when it comes to cancelling and changing flights on their own and not being reasonable to the customer. I hope anyone using their miles to fly Fiji doesn't reserve a non-refundable hotel rate.
Anyone booking a nonrefundable hotel rate during this Covid madness deserves to have issues. Haha.

About a month ago I cancelled one booking to NAN using AS miles and absolutely no issues at all with AS Customer Service. Miles immediately redeposited and fees refunded to credit card within a few days.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020 | 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Anyone booking a nonrefundable hotel rate during this Covid madness deserves to have issues. Haha.

About a month ago I cancelled one booking to NAN using AS miles and absolutely no issues at all with AS Customer Service. Miles immediately redeposited and fees refunded to credit card within a few days.
Fiji moved my LAX NAN flight from early Dec to late Jan which wasn't acceptable to me... AS refunded the 40K miles I had used for J (when AS was running the 40K J special on special) but refused to do anything else for me.
Old Oct 11, 2020 | 8:29 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP IHG Diamond Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
I was in a similar boat. I had managed to get my 40K tickets moved several times... but this winter seemed to be the final straw. Not matter what I did, international desk, supervisor, etc... they said my only choice was to refund the ticket and book again at the higher rate.
Old Oct 11, 2020 | 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldtraveler303
I was in a similar boat. I had managed to get my 40K tickets moved several times... but this winter seemed to be the final straw. Not matter what I did, international desk, supervisor, etc... they said my only choice was to refund the ticket and book again at the higher rate.
AS' customer service is awful these days and when they have a terrible hard product as it is, I'm avoiding them as much as possible. There really isn't anything that differentiates AS anymore.
Old Oct 11, 2020 | 11:49 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
AS' customer service is awful these days and when they have a terrible hard product as it is, I'm avoiding them as much as possible. There really isn't anything that differentiates AS anymore.
lol Okay!

James
jsguyrus likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020 | 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveler303
I've called Alaska a few times to change our itinerary that was supposed to start on 10/15. It was booked back in Jan during the Fiji Airways promotion. I called yesterday with the intention to just cancel and get my miles back. The agent I had was the nicest ever and she escalated to the international desk who then also escalated to a supervisor. Long story short, she told me she is keeping my bookings ticketed but I won't see them in my account. But she had noted in the system that it's been approved that I'll be able to book the same route without price/mile differences when I'm ready to book for same time (10/15) next year. I will just need to mention my original confirmations codes then they will be able to see all the history on their end. We'll find out if her notes will really get me to book a new itinerary for no additional charge in December.
Old Oct 13, 2020 | 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by winniehyw
I've called Alaska a few times to change our itinerary that was supposed to start on 10/15. It was booked back in Jan during the Fiji Airways promotion. I called yesterday with the intention to just cancel and get my miles back. The agent I had was the nicest ever and she escalated to the international desk who then also escalated to a supervisor. Long story short, she told me she is keeping my bookings ticketed but I won't see them in my account. But she had noted in the system that it's been approved that I'll be able to book the same route without price/mile differences when I'm ready to book for same time (10/15) next year. I will just need to mention my original confirmations codes then they will be able to see all the history on their end. We'll find out if her notes will really get me to book a new itinerary for no additional charge in December.
Hard to tell... AS is being pretty careless with this but in your case, if you got an agent who assured you that you can change to a later date without a mileage reprice, then write down the date and time you called and if AS tries to deny it later, put your foot down and demand that they go back and listen to the call.
Old Oct 13, 2020 | 3:05 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Yep, looks like it is time for you to move to a spend based plan and dump this terrible AS product!!
Old Oct 13, 2020 | 3:54 pm
50 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I am hopng that since the FJ Promo was a giant flop due to Covid19, maybe FJ will re-offer the promo next year.
Old Oct 13, 2020 | 6:03 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by davistev
I am hopng that since the FJ Promo was a giant flop due to Covid19, maybe FJ will re-offer the promo next year.
I hope so too, but I'd say 2022 is more likely
davistev and Flying for Fun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.