Search

Today Only: Fly Now, get 50% off later

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2024 | 1:29 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Gold 75K
Today Only: Fly Now, get 50% off later

Got an email today promising that if I bought a ticket today and travelled between 9/4 and 9/30, I'd get a coupon for 50% off a flight early 2025. However, when I look at the fine print it says, The instructions say:

Discount code terms

code:
EC2648
Please Note: This discount code cannot be redeemed until you receive your unique booking link, which will be sent to you in October 2024 via email upon meeting the offer conditions. The code is only valid for bookings made through the unique link provided.

When I follow the link in the email the discount code is populated in search, but when I try to buy a ticket I get a message saying the discount code has been redeemed already. Any insight? Or do I need to call reservations?
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 1:49 pm

The email says no registration necessary, so I wonder if using the code EC2648 is not required?

Anyone buying a ticket today for travel within those dates will get the code in October?
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 1:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
30 Countries Visited40 Nights5M15 Years on Site

The EC2648 code is not valid until October, with the link that will be emailed.

Just buy a ticket today using your MP number, as usual. No registration required.

Old Aug 20, 2024 | 1:57 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Anyone though there was a surprising lack of T&Cs? E.g. most of these kind of promos allow only discounts on Y fares.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 2:14 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Marriott Plat
I’m flying up to Sacramento in September so I booked it today. I can go visit my son in Tampa with the discount code next year.
JPat and ssk244 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M100 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by sjbsf
Got an email today promising that if I bought a ticket today and travelled between 9/4 and 9/30, I'd get a coupon for 50% off a flight early 2025. However, when I look at the fine print it says, The instructions say:

Discount code terms

code:
EC2648
Please Note: This discount code cannot be redeemed until you receive your unique booking link, which will be sent to you in October 2024 via email upon meeting the offer conditions. The code is only valid for bookings made through the unique link provided.

When I follow the link in the email the discount code is populated in search, but when I try to buy a ticket I get a message saying the discount code has been redeemed already. Any insight? Or do I need to call reservations?
The discount code is tied to the October 50% (later) booking.

The offer appears to be targeted. Make sure to click the link from the email if you have received one.

This is merely a promotion to get people to travel during low seasons - e.g. Sep, Jan, Feb
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 2:40 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frankvb
Anyone though there was a surprising lack of T&Cs? E.g. most of these kind of promos allow only discounts on Y fares.
Copy and pasted the full Ts&Cs

50% Off Flights

About discount codes

Discount code terms

code:
EC2648

Valid for discount of 50% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com. Discount does not apply to applicable taxes and fees. First class and other fare types are not eligible. Fare basis code information can be found in the section entitled "View Fare and Baggage Rule" on the Itinerary and Price Summary page. Fare types that are ineligible for this discount may be lower than other fares with discount code applied. One discount allowed per reservation. Limit one discount code per Mileage Plan member. Discount not valid on all fares, including but not limited to Mileage Plan Award Reservations, tour or contract fares, and many privately filed fares. Any Discount code value remaining after purchase is forfeited.

Reservations & Ticketing: Valid for new ticket purchases only at alaskaair.com. Discount code cannot be applied to tickets that have already been purchased and issued. Discount code is relinquished at time of ticketing and void for future purchases. Credit card required for purchase.

Passengers: Discount is valid for one person or up to two people per discount code, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare.

Routes: Discount is valid for all Alaska Airlines flights except Prudhoe Bay, Alaska (SCC). Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available. Offer does not apply to codeshare flights.

Day of Week Restrictions: Travel to Belize, Guatemala, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Florida, Hawaii, or Mexico is valid Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Belize, Guatemala, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Florida, Hawaii, or Mexico is valid Tuesdays through Fridays. All other travel is valid Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only.

Advance Purchase: Per applicable fare rules.

Purchase By: 11:59 p.m. PT on October 31, 2024.

Travel Valid From: Janaury 9, 2025.

Travel Complete: February 15, 2025.

Blackout Dates: Per fare rules.

Minimum & Maximum Stay: Per applicable fare rules.

Flights: Valid only on flights operated by Alaska Airlines, and flights operated on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon Air and SkyWest. Not valid on codeshare flights.

Taxes, Fees and Surcharges: Passenger is responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges, including checked baggage fees.

Combinability: Not valid with any other discounts, including Discount Codes, coupons, discount programs, MyAccount online discount, or other arrangements.

Changes and Refunds: Changes and refunds may be allowed per the applicable fare rule. Refunds or cancellation of itinerary will result in the forfeiture of the discount code. Once the 'Purchase By' date has passed, any changes will result in the forfeiture of the discount. Once issued, tickets are not transferable.

Mileage Plan: Mileage Plan credit applies and upgrades are allowed.

Transferability: Discount Codes may not be sold, bought, bartered, auctioned or collected in bulk. Any deemed by Alaska to have been distributed or acquired improperly will not be honored and traveler will be responsible for payment of full fare.

Additional Terms: All rules of alaskaair.com and the applicable published fare not mentioned within these terms and conditions apply.

Other: Discount Codes have no cash value and are not valid for travel. Lost or stolen Discount Codes cannot be replaced. Alaska has the final authority regarding Discount Code redemption. Travel is subject to Alaska's contract of carriage. Terms and conditions as written herein are final and cannot be changed by any statement or representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Alaska Airlines or issuing organization. Other restrictions may apply and Alaska reserves the right to suspend or change this offer without notice.
Q_09
frankvb, lars747, NoLaGent and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 2:56 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by frankvb
If you click on the link in the dark blue area of the email, the full T&Cs come up as shown in the post directly above this one. *Restrictions apply. See site for details. The "See site" part is a clickable link.
frankvb and leroix like this.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 3:21 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Only 1 flight required ?

The way I interpret this promo is that only a single flight is required to qualify for the 50% off code. Am I missing something?
eponymous_coward and williwaw like this.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 3:37 pm
50 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I received the email while Mrs. Fredd didn't. We're both 100Ks. Has anyone figured out the details of the targeting?

Update: Oops! Mrs. Fredd just found her own email from AS.

Last edited by Fredd; Aug 20, 2024 at 5:07 pm Reason: Revised information
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 3:49 pm
20 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
I had a bunch of September bookings made with the PDX20 code -- their marketing got 20$ back from me to rebook one of those flights with the coupon carrot.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited2M10 Years on Site

Location: SEA — the REAL Washington; occasionally (but a lot less often than before) in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K (closing in on 0.5MM)
$69 for SEA-GEG, 4600 miles on DL for the return ... approx 3 hrs total

not a bad investment for 50% off some as-yet-unknown flight I know I’ll want to take in Jan
Crazy Dave likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Aug 20, 2024 at 6:01 pm
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 4:18 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by GumboCook
The way I interpret this promo is that only a single flight is required to qualify for the 50% off code. Am I missing something?
It seems that way. Can I just buy a $80 LA to PDX OW ticket and use the 50% code for a RT run to Hawaii in the New Year, maybe even in F? (Day of week restrictions acknowledged.)

Edit: read far too quickly. No F.

Last edited by williwaw; Aug 20, 2024 at 4:58 pm
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 4:39 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
It doesn't apply to F fares, per t&c
frankvb, jkjetsetters and williwaw like this.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited2M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
+1 and I both received the email.

Bit short notice as the email only arrived mid-day today. I actually was considering a trip in the Sept timeframe. But I have no idea if we will want to travel anywhere in January/February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.