Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska's first class bonus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2000, 1:47 pm
In Memoriam

Thanks, Jerry. I think you are right, and I think you've hit on why my audit doesn't come out neatly because I sometimes got a 50% bonus and sometimes only 25% on NWA. It still looks like I also sometimes got them as qualifying miles, but not always. As I said, I have two flights which should post shortly and two more trips on NWA in the next month and I'll keep a careful watch on my miles.
Old Nov 4, 2000, 7:23 pm

Alaska is the only airline I know of that gives First Class bonus for upgrades. As long as you are seated in the First Class cabin, no matter your paid class, you get the 50% bonus. Thus, MVP Gold status can be had for around 25K annual miles.

From AA.Com (already posted above, but this might be slightly different):
You can earn Elite Status qualifying miles and segments that count towards AAdvantage Elite Status membership when you purchase eligible fare tickets and fly on American Airlines, American Eagle, Business Express, Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines (including Horizon Airlines), British Airways (including Deutsche BA), Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia (including Binter Canarias & Binter Mediterraneo), LanChile (including LanPeru), Midway Airlines, Qantas Airways, and US Airways Shuttle flights.

You must fly at least four segments on American Airlines, American Eagle or Midway Airlines to qualify for AAdvantage GoldŽ, AAdvantage PlatinumŽ or AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ status within the qualifying year. Qualifying miles include the actual miles or segments you fly, and guaranteed minimum mileage bonuses earned for the flight.

------------------
explorer7
Old Nov 4, 2000, 7:53 pm
In Memoriam

explorer7: I don't understand your math when you say you can get MVP Gold for 25,000 miles. It takes 45,000 miles to qualify for Gold. Flying 25,000 miles (100%) and successfully upgrading every single leg (50%) would still only get you 37,500 miles.

By the way, I've answered my own question. I finally sat down last night and did an audit of my paper statements (I'd been using the online one), and my upgrades on NWA were included in my Q miles or at least the one month I looked at. This makes me ever so happy. I love AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.