Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DFW Skylink one way / 1 way running, maintenance, schedule change, etc (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Skylink one way / 1 way running, maintenance, schedule change, etc (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fastflyer
The moving walkways between A and C are closed because (rumor I heard, no evidence) the DFW airport authority was concerned about liability after a couple of frivolous lawsuits.

This does not affect the newer, metal moving walkways that cross between C and D.
Nor does it affect the moving walkways w/in terminal D, either.

Those moving walkways between A & C have been closed for months now-I've heard the same rumors about someone having fallen, but that's all.

The B-D walkway is closed completely due to construction (something about a connector to Customs being built?)-AAngels in the B club this morning thought that might be done in about a month.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Are the walkways between A and C wooden? PVC?
Almost like rubber belts. Feels bouncy...
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Still down on 10/8/13 at 7:30pm

SkyLink was running to Terminal C - both locations.

I took a photo of the signage in Terminal A that includes approximate travel times from A9/A16.

The train is running A-C-E-D-B. Also note the B-D walkway is still closed.

Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:45 pm

The last time I came through DFW I hopped on Skylink and it stalled half way between stops. We waited 20 minutes and were told nothing (via intercom). I did make my connection but it was close. I learned later that it was a computer issue and it had to be booted up several times before it started working again. I vowed I would never take Skylink again - the walk feels good after a long flight.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:51 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The walkway between DFW A and C is near and dear to my heart. It has been closed since early May 2013. I wrote to DFW airport and finally received this reply (more than 4 months after I wrote to them). If it takes them 4 months to reply to a letter please don't expect the walkway to be fixed any time soon.
The moving sidewalks you are referencing are not under DFW control. However, we are working with the owners of the sidewalks to bring them back in service. The sidewalks were turned off because they no longer met new State codes; the owners are currently securing funding in order to bring the sidewalks up to code. The project to start working on the sidewalks is projected to start in the next 8 months.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Thanks for the heads up! Found out the hard way that the Skylink was only running in one direction two weeks ago.. Made the flight by 2~ minutes.

Hopefully both of my flights arrive/depart from A on Thursday.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:15 am

The moving walkways between A-C are under AA control IIRC because it is under the lease agreement for terminals A and C. AA actually does all facilities maintenance and repairs to these two buildings while DFW maintains B-D-E terminals. Oh and I also miss the bouncy- moonwalk feeling I got when on those walkways
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by EZEMD11
The moving walkways between A-C are under AA control IIRC because it is under the lease agreement for terminals A and C. AA actually does all facilities maintenance and repairs to these two buildings while DFW maintains B-D-E terminals. Oh and I also miss the bouncy- moonwalk feeling I got when on those walkways
Is that remaining the case after TRIP?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Thanks for the heads up! Found out the hard way that the Skylink was only running in one direction two weeks ago.. Made the flight by 2~ minutes.

Hopefully both of my flights arrive/depart from A on Thursday.
I have an A arrival and D departure with a 45 minute connection as currently constituted tomorrow (Thursday) . Shoot me a PM if you happen to be passing through DFW in the 9AM hour though!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm skeptical - if so they'd have closed the walkways between A&B and C&D as well, no?

Originally Posted by fastflyer
The moving walkways between A and C are closed because (rumor I heard, no evidence) the DFW airport authority was concerned about liability after a couple of frivolous lawsuits.

This does not affect the newer, metal moving walkways that cross between C and D.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
Is that remaining the case after TRIP?
That is something that i'm not sure of. It is too early to tell who will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Terminal's A & C post TRIP. I have noticed that general contractors are busy at work doing the remodeling, but I still see AA's facility maintenance crew still doing light repairs in Terminal A. I wonder if DFW is footing the whole bill for TRIP or if AA is paying for part of it?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by JDiver
I'm skeptical - if so they'd have closed the walkways between A&B and C&D as well, no?
I believe the ones still open are metal and not rubber. I always found it mildly pleasing to bounce along the rubber ones for some strange reason. It gave a nice spring to ones step.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Hope the maintenance gets done in a reasonable amount of time and Skylink returns to full functionality soon.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:06 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
My theory is that maintenance on the rubberized walkways was getting expensive. They have to replace the walking surface several times a year. The metallized walkways don't require nearly as much upkeep.
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
The walkway between DFW A and C is near and dear to my heart. It has been closed since early May 2013. I wrote to DFW airport and finally received this reply (more than 4 months after I wrote to them). If it takes them 4 months to reply to a letter please don't expect the walkway to be fixed any time soon.
The moving sidewalks you are referencing are not under DFW control. However, we are working with the owners of the sidewalks to bring them back in service. The sidewalks were turned off because they no longer met new State codes; the owners are currently securing funding in order to bring the sidewalks up to code. The project to start working on the sidewalks is projected to start in the next 8 months.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Skylink still running in just one direction, so I walked C19>A16. No walkways, so it was certainly a workout.. Hopefully the train is back up on Saturday when I head to SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.