Search

Watch out for schedule changes - rebooked on US

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014 | 4:28 pm
Original Poster
40 Countries Visited30 Nights2M15 Years on Site

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Angry Watch out for schedule changes - rebooked on US

I have an itinerary in March, and I got rebooked onto a US operated flight instead of an AA operated one. (The original routing only had AA flights.) I'm going to try to call the EXP desk to see about getting on the AA operated flight. I have no chance at an upgrade or even an better seat on the US flight, so I'm a bit dismayed that this is happening. I encourage everyone - both AA and US - to be extra vigilant when you get a schedule change e-mail.
Old Feb 9, 2014 | 5:40 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by Majuki
I have an itinerary in March, and I got rebooked onto a US operated flight instead of an AA operated one. (The original routing only had AA flights.) I'm going to try to call the EXP desk to see about getting on the AA operated flight. I have no chance at an upgrade or even an better seat on the US flight, so I'm a bit dismayed that this is happening. I encourage everyone - both AA and US - to be extra vigilant when you get a schedule change e-mail.
If I'm not mistaken, you should be eligible for "preferred seats" on US.

I'm pretty concerned about your scenario happening to me in reverse, since I'm trying to complete a challenge on US and AA-operated flights absolutely do not quality under any circumstance.
Old Feb 9, 2014 | 6:00 pm
30 Countries Visited500k100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Not sure how it has worked on AA in the past, but on US, if you have a schedule change, what they automatically provide you with is just an option. You can call in and change to any other flights that day with no charge and no hassle. Just tell the agent the exact flights you want, and voila, you have the flights you want. And if no flights work for you now, you are entitled to a full refund, no questions asked.
Old Feb 9, 2014 | 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Joshua
If I'm not mistaken, you should be eligible for "preferred seats" on US.

I'm pretty concerned about your scenario happening to me in reverse, since I'm trying to complete a challenge on US and AA-operated flights absolutely do not quality under any circumstance.
Yes, but the preferred seats don't offer extra legroom, and the one US segment that is now showing isn't allowing me to select seats in advance even after it redirects me to usairways.com. I think you don't have to worry in most circumstances unless you're traveling between US and AA hubs, which I am being an AA flyer out of Philadelphia.

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Not sure how it has worked on AA in the past, but on US, if you have a schedule change, what they automatically provide you with is just an option. You can call in and change to any other flights that day with no charge and no hassle. Just tell the agent the exact flights you want, and voila, you have the flights you want. And if no flights work for you now, you are entitled to a full refund, no questions asked.
On AA, I believe refunds are allowed if it's beyond a certain number of hours. It is likely that the system automatically rebooked me. I will call in on Monday to try to get out on the next AA departure. I think what happened is that enough of a schedule change occurred to drop me below the minimum connecting time. They put me on the next "AA" flight out which happens to be operated by US.

I started this thread to make sure we're all on the lookout for this happening. The problem now with the expanded codeshares is that there is absolutely zero indication under this change that the segment is on US metal. It looks and feels like an AA flight, but ExpertFlyer confirms that it's operated by US.
Old Feb 9, 2014 | 10:57 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I started this thread to make sure we're all on the lookout for this happening. The problem now with the expanded codeshares is that there is absolutely zero indication under this change that the segment is on US metal. It looks and feels like an AA flight, but ExpertFlyer confirms that it's operated by US.
I don't think this would be legal, your AA code share should indicate somewhere on the new itinerary, operated by "US Airways"
Old Feb 10, 2014 | 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ellinj
I don't think this would be legal, your AA code share should indicate somewhere on the new itinerary, operated by "US Airways"
It does show the codeshare (operated by US Airways) on the AA reservation on aa.com, but the schedule change e-mail / reticketing e-mail "E-Ticket Confirmation" I received showed nothing of the sort for this flight. The grayed out areas are my name, seat number, an AAdvantage number:

There is no mention of the flight being operated by another carrier in the e-mail.

Last edited by Majuki; Feb 10, 2014 at 5:48 am
Old Feb 10, 2014 | 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K
I'm not sure about AA but over on UA rebooking which involves change of operating carrier made reservation eligible for free change or a refund.
Old Feb 10, 2014 | 8:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Watch out for schedule changes - rebooked on US

I think aa better look at this quick as this is likely a violation of dot regulations and will result in a hefty fine.
Dot regulations require disclosure of operating carrier on codeshare flights just about everywhere. ...
Old Feb 10, 2014 | 9:03 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
As this primarily affects flyers of the pre-merger American Airlines operation, it is being moved to that forum.

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Old Feb 10, 2014 | 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It does show the codeshare (operated by US Airways) on the AA reservation on aa.com, but the schedule change e-mail / reticketing e-mail "E-Ticket Confirmation" I received showed nothing of the sort for this flight. The grayed out areas are my name, seat number, an AAdvantage number:

There is no mention of the flight being operated by another carrier in the e-mail.
This is a clear violation of the codeshare disclosure rules.

Please upload the screenshot (or better, a PDF printout of the email you've received) to http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm. If you do so, it will get fixed.
Old Feb 10, 2014 | 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hillrider
This is a clear violation of the codeshare disclosure rules.

Please upload the screenshot (or better, a PDF printout of the email you've received) to http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm. If you do so, it will get fixed.
I will take a look when I get back home. AA changed the flight to the next AA operated one without a problem after I called.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.