Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Skylink to Open May 21, 2005

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2005, 10:22 am
Original Poster

DFW Skylink to Open May 21, 2005

See http://www.dfwairport.com/flyer/05/05/skylink.html for more information. Connecting at DFW will now be much, much easier.
Old May 4, 2005, 10:26 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
See http://www.dfwairport.com/flyer/05/05/skylink.html for more information. Connecting at DFW will now be much, much easier.

Woo hoo!! Not that it is something I use much since I live in Dallas, but this is still great news that we have a date now!
Old May 4, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: AA 5MM EXP, UA 2MM 1K, HH LT DIA, MR Plat, NRAC EEV, AMEX Plat
What will become of the poor TrAAin...

I say they use it for the A2 satellite instead of the buses. Actually I say they raze the A2 satellite and use Delta's vacated gates in the "real airport".
Old May 4, 2005, 11:02 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by AA2070
What will become of the poor TrAAin...

I say they use it for the A2 satellite instead of the buses. Actually I say they raze the A2 satellite and use Delta's vacated gates in the "real airport".
The TrAAin and a wAAter mAAin were both broken the last time I had a long connection with little time. The helpful airport employees suggested people go outside security and take the shuttle. Since DFW TSA are among the most despicable on the planet, I opted for a brisk walk.
Old May 4, 2005, 11:05 am

Skylink is airside or landside?
Old May 4, 2005, 11:07 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I live in Dallas, yet still look forward to riding it - it is supposed to be like 100x faster....

Hurrah....

Old May 4, 2005, 11:11 am

Unfortunately for DFW residents, the skytrain is airside. Meaning for locals, if you park at the terminal you may have a bit of a surprise and a long walk, when you get back and come into a terminal you didn't leave out of.
Old May 4, 2005, 11:18 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Unless I have a really tight connection I just walk. Even the furthest points in A and C take only about 15 minutes. I'm not sure what the big deal is about this .

Cheers.
Old May 4, 2005, 11:24 am

Cool. I finally made the trek to the BA Terraces lounge way out at the end of the B gates. It wasn't anything special, but it was very quiet and they have 2 different Japanese beers for Bring Your Own Sushi days.

Maybe now I won't need a 2+ hour layover to drop in on the nice BA folks.
Old May 4, 2005, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dalguy
Unfortunately for DFW residents, the skytrain is airside. Meaning for locals, if you park at the terminal you may have a bit of a surprise and a long walk, when you get back and come into a terminal you didn't leave out of.
I'm assuming you mean international arrivals, where you're deposited outside security and need to get to your car?

It's easy if you're an AC member. Just go to a TA, get a gate pass to go to the club, go through security, and then get on Skylink to switch to the correct terminal.
Old May 4, 2005, 11:30 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I'm assuming you mean international arrivals, where you're deposited outside security and need to get to your car?
Good point. For domestic, you could still take the Skylink from the terminal you arrive into to the one in which you're parked beforte leaving security.

Cheers.
Old May 4, 2005, 11:40 am

Or just buy a fully-refundable ticket.
Old May 4, 2005, 12:14 pm

It's easy if you're an AC member. Just go to a TA, get a gate pass to go to the club, go through security, and then get on Skylink to switch to the correct terminal.
Actually talking about if you check bags. You and your bags come into A and your car is parked at C, since that is where you flew out. You have to clear security to claim your luggage, and then cannot get back into the terminal to catch the skylink back to the terminal where you are parked.
Old May 4, 2005, 12:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Do we know for sure that international arrivals will be deposited outside security in Terminal D? I have to believe that the designers and TSA have thought of this type of situation. Maybe we can stay airside at the baggage recheck area.
Old May 4, 2005, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
Originally Posted by Spiff
I've noticed that you always advocate for the fully-refundable ticket option whenever non-traveling gate access comes up.

I wonder if you might have experienced situations where you have been denied a gate pass for club access? It's never happened to me.

My concerns about doing the fully-refundable ticket thing:

1) If I go to a TA and buy a same-day, fully-refundable ticket to wherever, I'm worried that my account will be marked with SSSS forever (or at least for a long while)!

2) If I buy the ticket, go through through Security, and then the lady at the AC says, "sorry we do limited ticketing only here, you'll have to go back to the ticket counter." That defeats the whole purpose! Because unless I do what she says (either possibly missing the person who I am picking up or inconveniencing that person while I stand in line afterwards), I will lose the entire value of the ticket!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.