Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you won’t have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022 | 1:44 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Airpass haș always only been one companion. It's not a family plan. A two-person account might include a companion (for each?), best to call sales.
yup. I have the business one anyways. We rotate people through it , so it’s fine.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022 | 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by scott56
I just cancel it from the app. Refunded in a day or 2 tops. I always book another flight first then cancel of course. I will say, CK was able to get me on flights that showed sold out. I find AP more worth it if you can do the 60k personal , or 100k business. We have the 100k business, up to 10 people. You can add and remove as you please. If I didn’t have business I would prob do personal as long as I can go through the funds
$60K for CK is 1 + Companion. There's a way to do an account for two people though, and $100K(?) gets you 1 CK + 1 PPro or 2 EXP (not sure.) I think it's on the site.
thank you for the input. i had not considered 100k business. but even at this level, its still just 1 CK, correct? how does this work? im also confused about the "+ companion". my general assumption has been that you can book for other people using airpass funds, but they do not hold status unless you travel together on the same itinerary where they enjoy your status benefits. does the "+ companion" mean you can only book w/ 1 other person? basically, my question is - how does airpass work when traveling 2+ people?
Old Sep 17, 2022 | 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
thank you for the input. i had not considered 100k business. but even at this level, its still just 1 CK, correct? how does this work? im also confused about the "+ companion". my general assumption has been that you can book for other people using airpass funds, but they do not hold status unless you travel together on the same itinerary where they enjoy your status benefits. does the "+ companion" mean you can only book w/ 1 other person? basically, my question is - how does airpass work when traveling 2+ people?
I don’t know. I only have Personal one. Call Airpass sales.
Old Sep 17, 2022 | 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
the way the business one works is the person who has airpass must be flying. Say you have AP, you can have 1 more person on your reservation. If you have 10 people on airpass, 20 people can technically fly because each one has a companion. You can’t just book for someone and use funds. United has one where you can. Pass flex or something like that it’s called. However, you can add and remove people constantly. Just don’t remove them until they completed the flight. Say you have 10 core people , but 1 of those isn’t flying for a few or two. You can remove them ( pending they have no flights booked ) and add another
Old Sep 17, 2022 | 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by scott56
the way the business one works is the person who has airpass must be flying. Say you have AP, you can have 1 more person on your reservation. If you have 10 people on airpass, 20 people can technically fly because each one has a companion. You can’t just book for someone and use funds. United has one where you can. Pass flex or something like that it’s called. However, you can add and remove people constantly. Just don’t remove them until they completed the flight. Say you have 10 core people , but 1 of those isn’t flying for a few or two. You can remove them ( pending they have no flights booked ) and add another
thank you for the clarification. that helps a lot. i can see why you have business AP for your family of 3. i will be the primary flyer so had always considered only a personal AP. i didnt even think about biz. i assume the same restriction applies for personal AP + companion. meaning, i cant be booking for other people if im not flying with them. that wont be a problem whenever i fly solo (vast majority), but if im bringing other PAX, looks like personal AP will only support me +1 and i would have to book tickets normally for all other PAX, correct? hm, something i have to think about now.

do you know if im able call to link my PNR to other non-AP bookings? maybe thats not allowed for AP. but i was hoping it could help with priority boarding + baggage allowance and potential upgrades together w/ CK. at the very least im wondering if you can call and link all PNRs together for MCE seats.
Old Sep 17, 2022 | 3:40 pm

thank you for the clarification. that helps a lot. i can see why you have business AP for your family of 3. i will be the primary flyer so had always considered only a personal AP. i didnt even think about biz. i assume the same restriction applies for personal AP + companion. meaning, i cant be booking for other people if im not flying with them. that wont be a problem whenever i fly solo (vast majority), but if im bringing other PAX, looks like personal AP will only support me +1 and i would have to book tickets normally for all other PAX, correct? hm, something i have to think about now.

do you know if im able call to link my PNR to other non-AP bookings? maybe thats not allowed for AP. but i was hoping it could help with priority boarding + baggage allowance and potential upgrades together w/ CK. at the very least im wondering if you can call and link all PNRs together for MCE seats.
the AP business we have is truly for business. However, we allow family if they are going on work trips. I always debate on getting a personal One if we decide to cancel the business one. Not sure it would benefit me tho.

you can link pnr with a non airpass or airpass to airpass
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022 | 5:50 pm

the AP business we have is truly for business. However, we allow family if they are going on work trips. I always debate on getting a personal One if we decide to cancel the business one. Not sure it would benefit me tho.

you can link pnr with a non airpass or airpass to airpass
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022 | 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
We’ll not to speak for them, but perhaps money? Many things are negotiable, so it’s a fair question. In this case, it isn’t at this purchase level, but the question is a normal one IMHO.
I'm well aware "money" Literally everyone buying CK via Airpass is bringing "money." That said, have you seen anything in GundamWing01's replies/questions that lead you to believe they are bringing anything additional to the table that should cause AA to feel they need to negotiate a better deal than 60K for CK with said poster? I certainly have not.

To even ask the question, when someone has already told you the answer for the standard cost, you should already know that you would need to have something additional in your pocket, beyond the standard cost, in order to entice someone to "negotiate" with you. No party is going to negotiate something if there isn't anything on the table to negotiate.

Regards
Old Sep 25, 2022 | 10:16 am
Suspended

Does same-day confirmed change work with Airpass tickets?

Interesting occurrence last week.

Was booked in D DFW-MEX at ~4:30pm. The prior flight at ~2:30pm was J0, so I set an alert in EF for J1. Overnight the night before the flight, it became J2 D2 R2 I2. The app still would not offer this flight as SDC change. Can anyone explain why? My exact booking class was available for the exact same routing (non-stop) on the same day. Why would it not be offered?

The only thing I can think of is that this was an Airpass ticket.

You may ask why I didn't cancel and just book the flight I want. The reason was it was a connection in DFW, and I didn't want to issue a new ticket for 1/2 the trip.

EDIT: Looks like MEX isn't eligible for SDC. Still wonder if SDC works for Airpass though.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Sep 25, 2022 at 10:25 am
Old Sep 26, 2022 | 9:08 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K

Interesting occurrence last week.

Was booked in D DFW-MEX at ~4:30pm. The prior flight at ~2:30pm was J0, so I set an alert in EF for J1. Overnight the night before the flight, it became J2 D2 R2 I2. The app still would not offer this flight as SDC change. Can anyone explain why? My exact booking class was available for the exact same routing (non-stop) on the same day. Why would it not be offered?

The only thing I can think of is that this was an Airpass ticket.

You may ask why I didn't cancel and just book the flight I want. The reason was it was a connection in DFW, and I didn't want to issue a new ticket for 1/2 the trip.

EDIT: Looks like MEX isn't eligible for SDC. Still wonder if SDC works for Airpass though.
IME AAirpass has always worked the same way for SDC as a regular domestic F ticket. Since it used to ticket the day before, by the time SDC became available it was the same process for either ticket type.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022 | 12:10 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by daron4000
IME AAirpass has always worked the same way for SDC as a regular domestic F ticket. Since it used to ticket the day before, by the time SDC became available it was the same process for either ticket type.
Agree. That's how it's worked in my experience also -- basically, SDFC is the only way to make a voluntary change on an Airpass ticket.
Old Oct 19, 2022 | 7:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, LANPass
cost of CK

Originally Posted by scubadu
I'm well aware "money" Literally everyone buying CK via Airpass is bringing "money." That said, have you seen anything in GundamWing01's replies/questions that lead you to believe they are bringing anything additional to the table that should cause AA to feel they need to negotiate a better deal than 60K for CK with said poster? I certainly have not.

To even ask the question, when someone has already told you the answer for the standard cost, you should already know that you would need to have something additional in your pocket, beyond the standard cost, in order to entice someone to "negotiate" with you. No party is going to negotiate something if there isn't anything on the table to negotiate.

Regards
Is that 60K still a thing to get CK to an account in AirPass? I looked at my account and it shows 100K for CK....
Old Oct 19, 2022 | 7:46 pm
VFR
5 Years on Site

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
There's a PDF of a travel agency reference for AirPass on the internet. In it, it says:

When available, Same Day Flight Change (SDFC) may be offered complimentary on AirPass bookings. PlanAhead tickets are exempt from the $75 SDFC charge.
Old Oct 19, 2022 | 7:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jav2010
Is that 60K still a thing to get CK to an account in AirPass? I looked at my account and it shows 100K for CK....
Unless it’s changed, it’s $60K for an individual Airpass account for CK, $100K for a multi-member.
Old Oct 21, 2022 | 2:37 pm
Suspended

Airpass booking on aa.com is down. Not sure if non-Airpass is down too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.