Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship First Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please feel free to update with the latest information; previous Wiki content was out of date.
Print Wikipost

GUIDE: AA Flagship First Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
Flagship First LAX fight departing terminal B

Hello,
My flight to LHR today is showing that it is departing gate 153 term. B

Is it worth using the Flagship First check in terminal 4 or should I check in at Tom Brady? I should be at the airport ~3 hours ahead of departure.

Any insight would be appreciated. This is my first Flagship first booking.

thank you.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
AA check-in at TBIT is currently closed so you need to use T4. Definitely use FF check-in.
dw and renila like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
Thank you
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by tinyburst
or should I check in at Tom Brady?
I think he is busy these days since he decided not to retire. No longer has time for a job with AA at LAX.
dw, renila, la2clt and 8 others like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
All terminals can be reached once past TSA through underground tunnels which have moving escalators. From TB to T4, it's like 3-4 minutes and you can walk past the history of aviation corridor which has some fun historical facts. 100% worth it too, LAX FFL is nice, especially nice when compared to AC just to the right, just be aware that no booze until a bit after 6AM; don't ask me how I know.
renila, tinyburst and Global321 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2MM , HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Upsell to Business on ORD-CDG but can’t use Flagship check in

Is that correct? AA on twitter tells me my upgrade doesn’t include Flagship I’m in that cabin but I can’t check in that way but I could use the Flagship lounge if it were open? I don’t get it
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by pdh719
Is that correct? AA on twitter tells me my upgrade doesn’t include Flagship I’m in that cabin but I can’t check in that way but I could use the Flagship lounge if it were open? I don’t get it
If you are in fact EXP (as noted on your profile), you most certainly can use Flagship CHECKIN for an international itinerary. As EXP (in any cabin and with a J upgrade even as a non-elite) you can use the Flagship Lounge (if open). If you were at an FL with Flagship First Dining (FFD), you would NOT have access under these conditions.
dw likes this.

Last edited by Madison Guy; Mar 25, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:14 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
If you are in fact EXP (as noted on your profile), you most certainly can use Flagship CHECKIN for an international itinerary. (If not, then no - not in J regardless of branding.) As EXP (in any cabin and with a J upgrade even as a non-elite) you can use the .Flagship Lounge (if open). If you were at an FL with Flagship First Dining (FFD), you would NOT have access under these conditions.
It’s branded as Flagship FIRST check in, but as just pointed out, EXPs and CKs on qualifying itineraries can also use it
FlyingEgghead likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Not directly relevant, but I went to FF checkin at MIA a few months ago and was told I couldn't use it. I was on a FF ticket MIA-LAX. It took them a couple of minutes to sort it out. I'm not sure what the issue was.

Can you use it as an EXP on a Flagship J ticket? I know I can use FL.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:42 pm

oops, I'm Platinum now. Just edited my profile.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
The issue was you were trying to use the checkin at MIA. Notoriously the worst for refusals. The primary gate keeper worked the door at Studio 54 back in the day...

Originally Posted by redtop43
Not directly relevant, but I went to FF checkin at MIA a few months ago and was told I couldn't use it. I was on a FF ticket MIA-LAX. It took them a couple of minutes to sort it out. I'm not sure what the issue was.

Can you use it as an EXP on a Flagship J ticket? I know I can use FL.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:01 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by pdh719
If you paid for an upgrade offer and have a new assignment in Flagship Business, you get access to the Flagship lounge. Period. The access rules are pretty clear - it is available to passengers traveling in Flagship Business. If you upgraded to Flagship First, then you would additionaly be given access to Flagship First Dining.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:14 pm

sorry, I meant Flagship Checkin. And the Flagship lounge is not open yet at ORD. I'm only PLAT now, btw
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Yeah should I try to use flagship Checkin at jfk next week ? Others have already explained the flagship lounge access. I’m flying J to MXP . I’m PP OWE. Is flagship checkin even worth it ?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:40 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
Yeah should I try to use flagship Checkin at jfk next week ? Others have already explained the flagship lounge access. I’m flying J to MXP . I’m PP OWE. Is flagship checkin even worth it ?
You are flying in J and are AA Plat Pro? No, you are not eligible:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...t-check-in.jsp
_kurt likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.