Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

US AA Codeshare Phase II - Almost 100% Coverage Announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US AA Codeshare Phase II - Almost 100% Coverage Announced

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum Card, Global Entry
Originally Posted by kpowed
Yeah, us prices are about $100 lower for me, but no upgrades. Has anybody been able to get upgrades on AA metal to work?
Nope...and I have tried. Two weeks ago I was able to snag a seat up front on American cheaper than a coach seat on the same route operated by US Airways. American's First Class project was vastly superior.

I took the same flight the following week and tried every possible way to upgrade, but was told I could not. The only option is using American miles to upgrade, however the ticket must be issued by AA. In my case, the ticket was issued by US Airways.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:10 pm

PHL-TLV is not included and may never be unless Parker settles with Israel.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: aa EXP, delta Diamond, hh Diamond, marriott plat premier+ambassador, hertz PC, Avis preferred plus
there needs to be a way to search without us air codeshares. I do not want to fly any US flights, and now will probably have to do multi city searches and build my itineraries vs just the usually booking tool
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Currently searching for some TATL flights. On AA.com, if you select AA flights only, it only shows US connections through PHL, won't show any through LHR. I can show all OW partners, but then it won't show a single AA operated flight... on US.com it tells me there are no flights for that itinerary. Very odd...
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm looking at SFO-JFK flights - AA pricing comes out $366 round trip. If I book these exact same AA metal flights as US codeshares, it's $318 rt (same price as DL, UA, etc.). Can I use my AA SWUs if I book it under the US flight number?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Hmmm. Search for CLT-DFW-CLT for a month from now.

On aa.com, most flights are pricing to $341 roundtrip, on both AA metal, US metal, or mixed.

On usairways.com, the US metal roundtrip is also $341, but the AA metal roundtrip comes out to $2511 (!)
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jspira
You can buy a combined ticket under one itinerary from one of the 2 airlines.
However, you cannot get a Choice Essential/Plus fare on any itinerary that includes US-operated flight(s). Which is too bad, since it means I'll have to connect on AUS-PHL RT next week. Although I'm already upgraded on the way out...

--woodstock
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by jspira
This morning, American and US announced that almost every flight (with the exception of a few international ones) will be covered by the codeshare agreement starting Feb. 6.

This covers ca. 6,500 flights and was reported by our newsroom this morning.

American and US Airways Expand Codeshare to 6,500 Flights
So ho does this affect us at AS ? will we get credit for these?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:14 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by edgewood49
So ho does this affect us at AS ? will we get credit for these?
I think if it has an AA number and is issued by AA it may be OK, but it is too early to tell.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:16 pm

To me this is the first major AA screw up, at least for AA elites! My $480 rt route is now $1120! Even advanced booking.

I really don't want to travel on US until service/cabins are upgraded!

Originally Posted by ceebee100
AA prices are way out of control now! Flights that were usually below $300 as of a few weeks ago are now pricing out to almost double on AA and about $100 less on US! I bought 3 RT tix for IND-SNA on AA for travel last month for $268 each. Any date in the future is now close to $600!
Not just prices, but routes!

The 6 cheapest routes from MCO to POA:

MCO-DCA-MIA-CWB-POA! Same return!

Last edited by miamigrad; Feb 5, 2014 at 7:56 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: AA ex-Plat
Originally Posted by JHunter
I'm looking at SFO-JFK flights - AA pricing comes out $366 round trip. If I book these exact same AA metal flights as US codeshares, it's $318 rt (same price as DL, UA, etc.). Can I use my AA SWUs if I book it under the US flight number?
not yet.

if you want/need to use AA SWUs, then you have to have an AA flight number on AA metal on AA ticket stock.

sounds like it's worth the $48 difference if you know your SWU would clear at booking ...
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: AA ex-Plat
Originally Posted by tonytifao
To me this is the first major AA screw up, at least for AA elites! My $480 rt route is now $1120! Even advanced booking.
+1

while non-elites can take advantage of a 50% RDM bonus for a limited time, there is no advantage for elites of either airline to be booking the other's flights. essentially you are trading an upgrade for 50% RDM bonus miles. period.

however, that being said, there are obviously pricing issues with the codeshares, in both directions. this is the big fail, IMO.

even the airlines websites address the upgrade issue, saying that you need to travel on your respective airline in order to upgrade. routing/time-savings aside, this is exactly what all elites would be doing if the codeshares were priced the exact same on each airline's website.

if it wasn't for the pricing craziness, then there would be a lot less frustrated elites for both airlines, as they could preserve their upgrades (or at least have a shot at an upgrade).

IT needs to get on this STAT!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by btwayland
+1

while non-elites can take advantage of a 50% RDM bonus for a limited time, there is no advantage for elites of either airline to be booking the other's flights. essentially you are trading an upgrade for 50% RDM bonus miles. period.

however, that being said, there are obviously pricing issues with the codeshares, in both directions. this is the big fail, IMO.

even the airlines websites address the upgrade issue, saying that you need to travel on your respective airline in order to upgrade. routing/time-savings aside, this is exactly what all elites would be doing if the codeshares were priced the exact same on each airline's website.

if it wasn't for the pricing craziness, then there would be a lot less frustrated elites for both airlines, as they could preserve their upgrades (or at least have a shot at an upgrade).

IT needs to get on this STAT!
+1

Makes me wonder if they anticipated having issues so they proactively put out the 50% bonus as a way to ease the ill will a bit.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Originally Posted by tonytifao
To me this is the first major AA screw up, at least for AA elites! My $480 rt route is now $1120!
Worked the other way around for some reason too. My usual around $1000 RT from Manchester-SFO is now $1600 on US Air! Somehow it's cheaper to book my entire multi-trip itinerary on AA even though it's showing that it's booking the same exact flights US Air was showing...

Hopefully these higher fares don't stay, but I have a grim feeling they will
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by amanuensis
Anyone know whether a US Air-operated flight booked as an AA codeshare via AA can now have the miles credited to Alaska?
Nope. Metal is what matters. Unless for some reason it isn't programmed correctly

per AS site:
To qualify for mileage accrual, please note that your flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below and your flight must be marketed and operated by American Airlines.

American
Eligible Flight Numbers

0001 - 0399
0900 - 1699
2200 - 2649
2725 - 3799
4200 - 4369
5270 - 5369
6780 - 7150
7454 - 7637
The codeshare flight numbers do not fall in the above ranges and its not operated by AA

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 6, 2014 at 10:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.