Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXP - why no earned upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014 | 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I'm going to fall to PLT at the end of Feb but will regain EXP probably by Q3 (new job just started) and for that interim period I expect very few upgrades and standing near the gate podium getting any ones that do clear (as an EXP I am already doing that scenario more and more). Spending the $30 per 500 mile is no issue for me, it well worth it even on for a relatively short flight (now something like MIA/TPA no). Unless, AA might allow me to do a challenge (yes officially there is no such thing as an EXP challenge) that the Executive Office mentioned when they called me about the change in my flying this year.
Old Oct 9, 2014 | 1:57 pm
Original Poster

I'm taking a leaf from the Hilton approach of giving members an earning choice.

What about giving EXPs a choice? That you can change every 3 months?

Either earn and burn stickers, or free upgrades for that quarter? One or the other, but not both? Does this support those folks that buy F seats? Does it align to AA's success?

If you choose to earn stickers, then when you go for the upgrade, your priority is the same as any other EXP, except stickers are deducted. If you don't have enough stickers, then no upgrade (unless you pay for stickers). Would this work conceptually?

If anything, I think this is a great thread for AA to read and get a good pulse on the variety of concerns out in the elite world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.