Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Boost Program in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014 | 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by linglingfool
The US side has long had a similar program, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back. In fact, the US Buy up to Preferred program has the following bit on the site:

Makes me think it will return in some form on the US side, and therefore on the AA side as well.
Interesting. One the one hand, the website does suggest it could come back. On the other hand, Im not sure how much I might depend on something that the US FF program has done historically - since the merged program is much more like AAdvantage.
Old Nov 7, 2014 | 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, HG Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Interesting. One the one hand, the website does suggest it could come back. On the other hand, Im not sure how much I might depend on something that the US FF program has done historically - since the merged program is much more like AAdvantage.
Boost was new for 2014 qualifying but AA have had similar programs with the option to make a payment to requalify to GLD and PLT for several years
Old Nov 7, 2014 | 9:08 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I remember thinking at the time it was announced that the Boost program was one of the first things the pmUS crew was doing to more closely align the programs before the integration, so I would find it a bit surprising if they released it and then pulled altogether, especially given the language on the US page.
Old Nov 7, 2014 | 3:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The only thing genuinely new about Boost is the name . AAdvantage has allowed elites missing their status by not earning it during a calendar year to buy back their missed status (a one time option).

AA used to offer a "soft landing" as well, e.g. miss Executive Platinum or Platinum you only would fall back one tier level. Now, with the new enhancements, you cann fall back from EP to White Card in short order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.