Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:.How long for oneworld or partner flight to post to AA account? (consolidated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:.How long for oneworld or partner flight to post to AA account? (consolidated

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009 | 6:45 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Flew My 5th, posted May 12th
Old May 18, 2009 | 7:46 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Probably similar length to the last 8 or so times this exact question was asked, most recently from about a year ago

<removed circular link post-merge>

Search terms - "how" "long" "AS"' title search. General search would likely have found even more recent results, but it might have taken slightly more work to look through the threads.

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2009 | 11:06 am
30 Countries Visited1M80 Nights20 Years on Site

Programs: Various
IME/FWIW/Etc.

Tuesday seems to be the appointed day for posting if your flight was taken the previous Monday-Sunday....ie flight taken May 10 posted May 12 (overnight and appeared on Wednesday)
Old May 18, 2009 | 1:48 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
My wife is having the same issue for that date; flew AS on 5/9 and 5/11 and nothing has posted yet. I'm giving it until the end of the week and then I'll send in boarding passes.
Old May 19, 2009 | 5:43 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Ultimate, AA 4MM EXP, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt LT Globalist, Hilton Diamond
inappropriate
Old Aug 12, 2009 | 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
How long should it take partner airline miles to show up on my account?

I flew LAS - SEA over the weekend and would have flown AA if they had direct flights, but they didn't so I flew on Alaska Airlines, because they are an AA partner carrier.

When I booked the flight I gave the agent my AAdvantage number, which was then printed on my ticket, so I know it was registered in there somewhere... but I flew the first leg last Friday, and now it's Wednesday and still nothing has shown up in my account.

What is the typical wait time?
Old Aug 12, 2009 | 3:46 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Post now merged into a related thread on this topic provided by britenbsas.

Edited to add: This thread has now been merged into a parent thread on this topic.

Edited to add: ...which is now linked from the Sticky and Wiki

/Moderator
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 12:55 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
AA Codeshare on AS vs. AS flight no.

Two weekends ago I had a reservation that was an experiment: half AA codeshare flights (on AS metal), half AS flight numbers (on AS metal).

The mileage for my codeshare flights (on Friday) posted that same weekend. The AS flight number flights (on Monday) just posted--so after a little more than 8 days.

Separately, AS staff have often asked me if I want to take an earlier or more direct flight (if I happen to be at the airport early) than the one I'm ticketed for. It's unusual for those miles to ever post--typically, if I standby on another flight, I've had to fax in the boarding pass(es).
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Hayden
Two weekends ago I had a reservation that was an experiment: half AA codeshare flights (on AS metal), half AS flight numbers (on AS metal).

The mileage for my codeshare flights (on Friday) posted that same weekend. The AS flight number flights (on Monday) just posted--so after a little more than 8 days.

Separately, AS staff have often asked me if I want to take an earlier or more direct flight (if I happen to be at the airport early) than the one I'm ticketed for. It's unusual for those miles to ever post--typically, if I standby on another flight, I've had to fax in the boarding pass(es).
Interesting.... I generally fly AS from SJC-SEA, because it is the only route I normally fly that AA doesn't (until SJC-SNA next month)
I usually do the AA codeshare and it seems like those post faster than if I booked under the AS flight number. I have also experienced issues with missing miles when moving from my original flights..

I haven't had any seating issues on AS, booked as AA or AS flight numbers. These are corporate bookins so they use a booking engine from Carlson Wagonlit. My AA number is always listed, and I have no problem booking priority seating. Now, if only AS would give me comp upgrades for having AA EXP status. I like how they preboard partner elites. AA doesn't do this, except for OW partners. I do have an issue with elite security lines. The AS checker wouldn't let me take the shortcut at SEA. Apparently it is only for AS elites. I reallyi have issues with this as I think it makes more sense for any FFs to have a securty line shortcut. I think they should at least let partner elites through..... assuming they can remember all of the partners
Old Oct 28, 2009 | 4:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew Monday October 19th and the miles posted Wednesday October 28th.
Old Oct 28, 2009 | 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited20 Nights500k15 Years on Site

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Now, if only AS would give me comp upgrades for having AA EXP status.
AS elites get jack-diddly for flying AA, outside of EQM (I've been boarded early... in SEA, but nowhere else, and the GA announcement made it clear they ONLY do this in SEA).

AA management's attitude has generally been "go away, kid airline, you bother me" when AS has tried to discuss elite reciprocity, though there may have been some movement on that front once DL decided they would allow the previous NW/AS elite reciprocity to expand to all of DL. Still no official word coming down on this, though, so I wouldn't hold my breath. (There's also the problem that AS has a CO/DL/NW/US/soon to be UA model where ALL elites get a crack at free upgrades, whereas AA is the last holdout at giving their lesser elites limited upgrade options and paid instruments, and only upgrades EXPs for free- who qualify at a level WELL above senior AS elites. I somehow don't think AA wants to hand out free 500 milers to people flying 20K on AS metal.)

As it stands now (once this is up and running in Q1 2010), I am more likely to send business DL's way than AA's because I'll be treated better over there... and though I wish AA would join the party, I see the logic for not doing that.
Old Oct 28, 2009 | 6:32 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by mvoight
Now, if only AS would give me comp upgrades for having AA EXP status. I like how they preboard partner elites. AA doesn't do this, except for OW partners. I do have an issue with elite security lines. The AS checker wouldn't let me take the shortcut at SEA. Apparently it is only for AS elites. I reallyi have issues with this as I think it makes more sense for any FFs to have a securty line shortcut. I think they should at least let partner elites through..... assuming they can remember all of the partners
I don't think there's a better way for AS to do the elite security line. Their elite security line (and F check in too) is only for their MVP Golds; not even their own MVPs get to use the elite lines.

Generally, for airport perks, Alaska lumps all "partner elites" together as essentially equivalent to their MVP, meaning they get priority boarding after F and MVP Golds, but no elite security or check in lines. That makes sense: they don't have the convenient branding equivalent of Oneworld Emerald/Sapphire, and they can't exactly say "MVP Golds, along with DL Gold and Platinum, NW Gold and Platinum, AA Platinum and Executive Platinum (but not Gold!), BA Silver and Gold, LAN whatever-their-Sapphire/Emerald-level-is, AF super elites, etc" on every sign and every time they make an announcement; many travelers would get confused and just hop in the shortest line.

Would I like it if AS opened elite security lines and F check in to MVPs and all partner elites? As a low-level partner elite, sure, but would those lines have any value, given AS's partner promiscuity?

I would love to see AA extend some elite reciprocity to AS. Avoiding reciprocity for the very different upgrade systems would be fine, but at least waived baggage fees and access to priority coach seats would be great and shouldn't be too difficult if AA's willing.
Old Jul 26, 2010 | 12:02 pm

AS Miles Posting - How Long?

What are peoples experiences with AS flight miles posting? How long? I flew on an AS ticketed flight (not AA code-share) early last week. Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2010 | 12:07 pm
Moderator, OneWorld
40 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
What are peoples experiences with AS flight miles posting? How long? I flew on an AS ticketed flight (not AA code-share) early last week. Thanks.
Seems to be getting slower. I flew ANC-SEA on 12 July and the miles didn't post until the 22nd or 23rd.
Old Jul 26, 2010 | 12:07 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
Within 7 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.