Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:.How long for oneworld or partner flight to post to AA account? (consolidated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:.How long for oneworld or partner flight to post to AA account? (consolidated

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012 | 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, AMEX Platinum, Priority Pass
Alaska Airlines EQM on AA

As AA does not fly from LAX to SEA on American metal, I frequently fly on Alaska (on AA codeshare flights), and pay for full-fare F seats since I can't upgrade (unless I status match on Alaska, which I could do, but then my EQM would count for them and not AA where I want them). However on Monday I needed to fly that route at a time where there was no codeshare. I called the EXP desk and asked if all Alaska flights counted as EQM on AA or only codeshare, and they told me unequivocally, in no uncertain terms, that all Alaska flights counted for AA EQM, not just codeshares. So I bought my full-fare F ticket on the Alaska flight of my preference, gave them my AA FF#, and flew my flight. It's now 5 days later and the miles still haven't posted. In the past, codeshare flight miles post within 1-2 days. Even flying internationally on oneworld flights such as British Airways, Iberia, etc. that aren't AA codeshare flights, the miles post in 2-3 days tops. I'm wondering if maybe I was given bad info and I won't get my miles? Virgin was a little cheaper (and nicer planes with better food and service in F) as compared to Alaska, but I took Alaska for the EQM on AA, even though I would have preferred Virgin. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Paul
Old Mar 2, 2012 | 10:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Your AS miles will post regardless of whether it was a codeshare.

AA policy on this is here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/alaska.jsp

Also, see this FT post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Mar 2, 2012 | 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, AMEX Platinum, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by pdquick
Your AS miles will post regardless of whether it was a codeshare.

AA policy on this is here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/alaska.jsp

Also, see this FT post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Thank you!!! I searched first before posting but didn't come up with anything. The forum search tool on this site doesn't seem to work very well. I'm finding now that searching outside this site with Google works better to find things on this site.

I'll wait patiently another few days for my Alaska miles to post.

-Paul
Old Mar 2, 2012 | 10:49 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
If you're not aware of it, see also this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...26-2011-a.html.

As an AA elite, you are now eligible for exit row and other preferred seats when flying Alaska in coach. Personally, I'd typically prefer an exit row and the difference between a coach and F fare in my pocket over an F seat and the F RDM/EQP extras, particularly for a shortish flight like SEA-LAX. That's obviously a personal preference and depends upon the actual fare difference.

As noted above, there is absolutely no advantage to buying an AS-operated flight with an AA flight number in terms of mileage earning, except that the miles may post slightly more quickly on a codeshare (though the AA codeshare is sometimes cheaper than booking the flight directly through AS on at least some routes).
Old Mar 3, 2012 | 8:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Actually, search works pretty well, but you have to know how to use it. If Google search works better for you, use it.

For very common terms or those with fewer than four characters, you should enclose with quotation marks. E.g. Advanced search, search titles only, results by titles, using "AS" as a keyword, you will surface nearly all the threads in this forum relating to Alaska Airlines.

For further assistance, see Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread in the Technical Issues Forum.

I fly Alaska with some frequency, and I can vouch unequivocally, in no uncertain terms that every flight I have taken where my AAdvantage FFN number is in the record have posted without trouble - yours will probably post today / tonight during the weekend batch run.

Originally Posted by Paul1976NJ
Thank you!!! I searched first before posting but didn't come up with anything. The forum search tool on this site doesn't seem to work very well. I'm finding now that searching outside this site with Google works better to find things on this site.

I'll wait patiently another few days for my Alaska miles to post.

-Paul
Old Mar 3, 2012 | 9:18 am

FWIW... it's taking a bit longer than it usually has for me for my miles to post for an AS flight with an AS flight #. I flew 2/14-2/16 and the miles have yet to post.
Old Mar 3, 2012 | 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
i just faxed my exp card and boarding pass to AA for a flight 2 weeks ago on AS and it got manually posted
Old Jul 2, 2012 | 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I flew mid-evening 6/25 and the miles have not posted and the boarding pass showed my AAdvantage account correctly. Found this thread because I was wondering why it was taking so long - done in slow weekly batches it seems.
Old Jul 3, 2012 | 10:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Flew AS 6/7 and 6/17. Miles posted Tuesday PM after each flight.
Old Jul 3, 2012 | 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Flew AS on 5/12 and 5/21 and they posted right after the flights.
Old Jul 5, 2012 | 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
My Alaska miles posted from my first flight - must have been on Tuesday of this week.
Old Jul 5, 2012 | 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
hey i have heard they will take anywhere from 5 to 10 days......

<------beating the dead horse
Old Oct 16, 2012 | 1:59 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
UPDATES?

Any updates on how fast BA post miles on flights taken on BA to AAadvantage account?

If a flight on BA is taken on Friday early morning will it be posted by Sunday after noon into the AA account?
Old Oct 16, 2012 | 2:35 am

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
I flew on BA last week (GVA-LHR-GVA) and each segment took about 3 days for the miles to post in my AA account. YMMV.
Old Oct 16, 2012 | 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited5M15 Years on Site

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phazedowt
I flew on BA last week (GVA-LHR-GVA) and each segment took about 3 days for the miles to post in my AA account. YMMV.
Our recent LGW-CTA flight posted within 72 hours, both EQMs and RDMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.