Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Printing Receipts and Obtaining Ticket Numbers

Ticket numbers for AA begin with "001" and are found in your emailed e-ticket and in your printed receipt. You may find it difficult to find it on Awards. One easy way to get your ticket number if your PNR is current is to Direct Message @AmericanAir on Twitter.

These can be used to check ticket status or request refunds on https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/.

For awards you will not see the print receipt option in your PNR. For most other ticketed trips booked on AA.com, or using AA, you will see the option toward the bottom of the PNR.

LukasVIE has found a nice workaround:

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
(paraphrased for more general use)

Here is how you will get your e-ticket number:

1.Open your award reservation on AA.com

2.Copy and paste this link in a new tab (or current tab) in your browser (do it with right click as Flyertalk truncates hyperlinks)
https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

3. Press enter and execute the link. You should see a receipt with e-ticket number.
Or use this link following instructions above.

And:

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
For AA bookings with interline segments, accessing/e-mailing the e-ticket receipt through Amadeus might be a good option. With the Amadeus record locator, the following sites will print the current AA receipt (arguably in a better format than AA itself provides:

http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx (Chinese language site, enter PNR in first box, last name in second box, etkt pops up moments after clicking go)

http://eticket.qatarairways.com/eTic...rentrypage.jsf (click the schedule change box before hitting process ticket)

Your ticket number can be found on your credit card bill. Just look at your credit card billing on line after the ticket status is "Ticketed". It's a 13-digit number starting with 001 for AA.
Print Wikipost

Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I just tried it and it worked.

1. Go to the PNR page for your reservation. This is the page that lists all your flights, seat assignments, etc.

2. Open a new browser tab and put the following in the URL field:

I suggest you copy it to a Notepad or other plain text editor, remove any bogus carriage returns, then save the file for future use.

That should take you to the ticket receipt for the trip you have open in your other browser window.

It worked just great for me a few minutes ago.

Edited to add: I see the forum software changed the full address to a truncated clickable link. Right-click, then "Copy Link Address". Once the entire link address is in your clipboard, paste that into the plain text editor, then save.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach

1. Go to the PNR page for your reservation. This is the page that lists all your flights, seat assignments, etc.

I suggest you copy it to a Notepad or other plain text editor, remove any bogus carriage returns, then save the file for future use.

That should take you to the ticket receipt for the trip you have open in your other browser window.

Edited to add: I see the forum software changed the full address to a truncated clickable link. Right-click, then "Copy Link Address". Once the entire link address is in your clipboard, paste that into the plain text editor, then save.
Like a charm!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: QF WP

Agree that the link works but why oh why isnt the link/receipt accessible directly from my reservations ?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pyffii
Agree that the link works but why oh why isnt the link/receipt accessible directly from my reservations ?
Good question to ask AA which could not care less unfortunately.

Otherwise we would not have this workaround!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
The link does appear ... sometimes. I've gotten it on 1 of my 4 upcoming reservations. For 2 of the missing ones, AA actually has no fare info (for understandable reasons), so not providing the link is almost excusable. The other missing one is an AAVacations, for which the link here did get the total with no breakdown.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:05 pm

In fact the fare information on my AA issued DONE5 ticket is incorrect...I would dearly have loved to have paid the price AA has shown !!!

Last edited by pyffii; Apr 9, 2017 at 9:07 pm Reason: nothing appeared in the reply
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:07 pm

The price shown on my AA ticketed DONE5 is incorrect and I would have dearly loved to have paid the price as shown !!!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
The price shown on my AA ticketed DONE5 is incorrect and I would have dearly loved to have paid the price as shown !!!
Don't even think of calling AA for details. They won't be able to give any. I've been trying to get answers on my DONE5 for a week and no one at AA knows the answers.

Start here if you have some time to kill: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post28128601
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Again thanks to LukasVIE for having posted the link at the top of this forum.

I use it all the time to get my ticket numbers. Burnt last year on reward tickets when AA failed to reissue my companions reward ticket, and had to spend 1.5 hours on the phone with AA to fix, before we could check in. You ALWAYS need your ticket number.

I don't know why AA doesn't fix this - so you can always see your receipt - for reward reservations and other types of tickets.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Does this still work? I just tried this on Safari and Firefox and I get the stupid "page must have taken flight" error screen...
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
I just tried it on Chrome for an award ticket and it works fine.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Microwave
Does this still work? I just tried this on Safari and Firefox and I get the stupid "page must have taken flight" error screen...
Just tried on Safari and it works fine.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:11 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
TRIPCASE used do be a "CATCHALL" site for keeping track of AA itns (including showing ticket #s ) + other bookings--AA stopped that feature some time ago.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by nrr
TRIPCASE used do be a "CATCHALL" site for keeping track of AA itns (including showing ticket #s ) + other bookings--AA stopped that feature some time ago.
I just pulled up ticket numbers from TripCase on an AA itinerary.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I just pulled up ticket numbers from TripCase on an AA itinerary.
Was the ticket issued by AA?
Was the PNR added to tripcase prior to February?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.