Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Earning miles / LP on Qatar / QR, missing & delayed miles and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Earning Elite Qualifying Miles and Dollars, and Award Miles Flying on Qatar Airways link to page on aa.com

To earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on Qatar Airways marketed and operated flights as well as Qatar Airways codeshare flights operated by oneworld® carriers and affiliates:
  • Buy an eligible published fare ticket in an eligible booking code
  • Fly an eligible route
On most flights marketed by partner airlines, you earn award miles based on a percentage of the flight distance and the fare class of your ticket. Specific flights, routes or cities that are excluded from earning miles or award travel are listed as exceptions if applicable.

AFFILIATE AIRLINES (none)

Qatar Airways marketed (“codeshare”) flights must be operated by a oneworld® or affiliate airline to earn AAdvantage miles. The ticketing or selling carrier or agent is immaterial to earnings.

Miles and other earnings may take a week or longer, and in some reported instances have not posted at all without intervention.

It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your earnings have all posted.

Also see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-partners.html
Print Wikipost

Earning miles / LP on Qatar / QR, missing & delayed miles and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Anyone else have problems getting part of their flights credited only?
I flew CGK-DOH-LHR a week ago in Business R class. That earns a 50% bonus. The day after arrival in London, I was credited with the DOH-LHR sector with the correct mileage awarded. But till today (a week later) the CGK-DOH sector has not been credited.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Anyone else have problems getting part of their flights credited only?
I flew CGK-DOH-LHR a week ago in Business R class. That earns a 50% bonus. The day after arrival in London, I was credited with the DOH-LHR sector with the correct mileage awarded. But till today (a week later) the CGK-DOH sector has not been credited.
Yes, still waiting on a second leg to post. I flew JFK-DOH-DPS in Business Lite a week ago on Saturday and go credited for JFK-DOH the following day. Still no credit for the DOH-DPS leg.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:49 am

Qatar miles not posted to AA

I traveled from IAD to DOH to HKT (and back) last month. Three of the four segments posted within 24 hours to my AA account. However, DOH to HKT miles have not posted yet. I submitted a MISSING MILES CREDIT REQUEST online but that has not yielded anything yet. Not sure why one segment would not post when the other three posted just fine. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any suggestions on what to do?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by raxbab
I traveled from IAD to DOH to HKT (and back) last month. Three of the four segments posted within 24 hours to my AA account. However, DOH to HKT miles have not posted yet. I submitted a MISSING MILES CREDIT REQUEST online but that has not yielded anything yet. Not sure why one segment would not post when the other three posted just fine. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any suggestions on what to do?
There's not much you can do other than wait for the missing miles request to process.

If you happen to get a bogus response then just call AAdvantage Customer Service (not the usual reservations number).
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, BW Diamond, RR VIP
Just an FYI: I talked to Advantage Customer Service just prior to 31 March as I needed to credit the correct mileage for an interlined flight they placed me on. I spoke with a supervisor because some miles had posted but not enough. He explained that the rest would post, but this was their absolute busiest time because despite the qualification year ending 29 February, everyone had an extra month of their existing status, so they were positively swamped with people trying to get credit for all the slackers (think Advantage eShopping and hotels not posting on time). He said as soon as they were finished with that, they would begin with the rest. Sure enough, on 1 April, he sent me an email (we'd had a long talk about eShopping as well), and said he posted the missing miles. All that is to say, that's likely the delay, and they were supposed to tell us all it would take 2-4 weeks. Call ACS if you have questions, though.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:02 pm

Lax- doh rt

Looking at roundtrip flight LAX-DOH, the nonstop outbound on QA appears on AA website. The return nonstop on QA does not appear on AA website. Are both eligible for LPs still? I can’t find anything on the website to confirm “eligible routes” to earn LPs on QA there is just a very general statement.
“You can earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on Qatar Airways marketed and operated flights and Qatar Airways codeshare flights operated by other oneworld® carriers.

Here's how:
  • Fly an eligible route”
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by herbert1128
Looking at roundtrip flight LAX-DOH, the nonstop outbound on QA appears on AA website. The return nonstop on QA does not appear on AA website. Are both eligible for LPs still? I can’t find anything on the website to confirm “eligible routes” to earn LPs on QA there is just a very general statement.
“You can earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on Qatar Airways marketed and operated flights and Qatar Airways codeshare flights operated by other oneworld® carriers.

Here's how:
  • Fly an eligible route”
It does not matter whether the QR flight appears on aa.com. The first restriction simply means that the fare class should be listed as the one earning lines on aa.com. For example, U fares (award in business) do not earn LPs and miles. The second line " Fly an eligible route" means that some routes may be ineligible due to government restrictions or other rules. For example, I will not be surprised if no LPs will be credited for a QR flight from Doha to Moscow even so it is not specifically stated. For other airlines you will see a clear disclaimer after the "Fly an eligible route" line. For example for Hawaiian: "You won’t earn AAdvantage® miles on flights operated by Hawaiian Airlines between the U.S. Mainland and Hawaii."
Old Jul 4, 2024, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat , SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, HiltonHonors, United Milage Plus
AA/Qatar Sear Selection after Flight Change

I booked a flight on AA.com from JFK to DPS (with connection in DOH) on Qatar in business. I paid to select my QSuite on Qatar’s site, no problem (I mean, I *was* annoyed at having to pay to select business class seats, but whatever). I’ve decided I want more time in Bali, and am thinking about extending my stay, changing my flights on AA.com, but will keep the same class of service.

Will that mean I have to pay again to select my seats with Qatar? Will I just lose what I’ve already paid to Qatar for my seat selection? I’ve just never had this situation come up before, so any insight is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 4, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cderekg72
I booked a flight on AA.com from JFK to DPS (with connection in DOH) on Qatar in business. I paid to select my QSuite on Qatar’s site, no problem (I mean, I *was* annoyed at having to pay to select business class seats, but whatever). I’ve decided I want more time in Bali, and am thinking about extending my stay, changing my flights on AA.com, but will keep the same class of service.

Will that mean I have to pay again to select my seats with Qatar? Will I just lose what I’ve already paid to Qatar for my seat selection? I’ve just never had this situation come up before, so any insight is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
If you are in fact AA Platinum (which is oneworld Sapphire), you shouldn't have to pay to select seats in the first place.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat , SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, HiltonHonors, United Milage Plus
Originally Posted by baflyer2
If you are in fact AA Platinum (which is oneworld Sapphire), you shouldn't have to pay to select seats in the first place.
Sadly, I’m not Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.