Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Members + Reciprocal Qantas Club Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Admirals Club and Qantas Club members reciprocal lounge access

Admirals Club members, regardless of membership derivation (Citi AAdvantage Executive MasterCard affords a full Club membership) have access as follows:

Where you can go

• Domestic and international Admirals Club locations

• All Alaska Airlines Lounges (when departing on flights marketed and operated by American, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America)

• All Qantas Clubs (when departing on same-day flights operated by Qantas, or operated by American out of Auckland, New Zealand or Sydney, Australia)

• Select partner lounges operated by third parties (on same-day flights operated by American)
To enter

Items needed, depending on qualifications:

• Government-issued photo ID

• Admirals Club membership card or Citi / AAdvantage Executive World EliteTM MasterCard or AAdvantage elite status card

• Boarding passes for same-day travel on American Airlines or partner airlines1
1 Any departing or arriving flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworld partner carrier, marketed and operated by American Airlines or Alaska Airlines in any combination

Guest access

Immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests.

Updated 22 Sep 2019 link
Qantas Club members can access Admirals Clubs and Alaska Lounges as follows: (to be added)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009 | 6:03 pm
Original Poster
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

Admirals Club Members' Reciprocal Access to Qantas Clubs

Last edited by JDiver; May 7, 2015 at 2:35 pm Reason: Update
Old Sep 22, 2019 | 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Quantas Club Use in the Admirals Club

I've had a Qantas Club membership for close to 20 years. The Qantas Club membership allows reciprocal access to the Admirals Club (and Alaska lounges too).

Historically, I would get two drink cards each visit to the AC, which was the policy. Of course, sometimes they would only give one but other times more when you asked. In clubs using the boarding pass drink system, they would apply it.

I noticed an issue while passing through Charlotte when the AC told me they wouldn't put any drinks on my boarding pass because the policy had changed. They didn't seem to be willing to discuss it.

Any one know if there has been a change?
Old Sep 22, 2019 | 1:18 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines
50 Countries Visited1M80 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I've had a Qantas Club membership for close to 20 years. The Qantas Club membership allows reciprocal access to the Admirals Club (and Alaska lounges too).

Historically, I would get two drink cards each visit to the AC, which was the policy. Of course, sometimes they would only give one but other times more when you asked. In clubs using the boarding pass drink system, they would apply it.

I noticed an issue while passing through Charlotte when the AC told me they wouldn't put any drinks on my boarding pass because the policy had changed. They didn't seem to be willing to discuss it.

I have moved your thread into our master thread on Admirals Clubs access and rules.
Old Sep 22, 2019 | 1:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I have moved your thread into our master thread on Admirals Clubs access and rules.
Hmmm ... I tend to think its different than AC access
Old Sep 22, 2019 | 2:21 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines
50 Countries Visited1M80 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Splitting this back out
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019 | 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C17PSGR

There have been changes, and we dont know every one of them. But:

We do know: Admirals Club is moving to a new electronic system wherein chits no longer exist. Rather a boarding pass is enabled electronically when youre admitted and this shows when you present your boarding pass at the bar.

We dont know: how others, e.g. Qantas Club members and Sapphires, Emeralds from other oneworld airlines are treated by this system. Theres been no official or even reliable word Ive heard at this time here or elsewhere.
aztimm likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019 | 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Am 100% sure there is another newer thread on this topic. Was there ~2:00 hr ago, but gone now (deleted?)
Last post was 2018
Old Sep 22, 2019 | 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Am 100% sure there is another newer thread on this topic. Was there ~2:00 hr ago, but gone now (deleted?)
Last post was 2018
I’m 100% certain it was there as well, but it has disappeared without a trace. The only existing thread is the older thread pre- and circa-merger in the old pre-merger AA threads.

Moderators do not have the ability to hard delete threads (if we delete a post or thread, it can still be found and seen by moderators or Administrators), so a vBulletin or Cloudflare anomalous action simultaneously to a moderator action on that thread is the most likely explanation. I’ll contact Admin / Tech tomorrow when they return to work to see if they have the ability to find and restore it.

Mwenenzi and C17PSGR like this.
Old Dec 20, 2019 | 4:13 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Using AA Admiral Club Membership at Qantas Lounges

I have an American Airlines Lifetime Admiral Club membership. I will be traveling economy on Qantas flights within OZ next month. Which Qantas Lounges can I use in SYD , MEL and ADL?
Old Dec 20, 2019 | 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by 360guy
I have an American Airlines Lifetime Admiral Club membership. I will be traveling economy on Qantas flights within OZ next month. Which Qantas Lounges can I use in SYD , MEL and ADL?
AA forum ----> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ub-access.html

At domestic airports business lounge (where they exist) are a step above Qantas Club.
Not 100% sure, but I think you only have access to QF Club
https://www.qantas.com/nz/en/qantas-...t-lounges.html
https://www.qantas.com/nz/en/frequen...ntas-club.html
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019 | 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited3M20 Years on Site

The details of partner lounges that can be accessed are at https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...-locations.jsp

Domestic departures : Qantas Club
International departures : Qantas Business Lounge

This is an AA question rather than a QF question
nancypants and Mwenenzi like this.
Old Dec 20, 2019 | 11:04 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
15 Years on Site

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Moving this to the AA forum. [/mod hat]
Old Dec 21, 2019 | 8:31 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Plt Pro (2MM)
I've used my Admirals Club membership to gain entry into the Qantas Clubs before in SYD, BNE, and CBR.
Old Apr 28, 2023 | 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Interestingly I've mostly had success with Jetblue flights now and the Qantas club card. The rules are unposted but if they treat like an Admirals Club membership then you should gain access flying either B6 or AS now. But I've seen several agents now in California wildly vary becaue the rules don't at all state this clearly.

Last edited by BobbySteel; Apr 28, 2023 at 6:47 pm
Old Apr 28, 2023 | 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Interestingly I've mostly had success with Jetblue flights now and this card. The rules are unposted but if they treat like an Admirals Club membership then you should gain access flying either B6 or AS now. But I've seen several agents now in California wildly vary because the rules don't at all state this clearly.
By "this card" are you referring to an Admirals Club card? Or a Qantas club card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.