Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SimplyMiles and earning AAdvantage miles - Scam? Good? Bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SimplyMiles and earning AAdvantage miles - Scam? Good? Bad?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2024, 3:08 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Let’s bring the discussion of the website’s design into on the main thread, where that topic has come up as well. Thanks. /Moderator
Old Jul 9, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Looks like SimplyMiles has landed firmly in "scam" territory.

A couple weeks ago. I activated the offer, then placed an order on Amazon. The order didn't ship for a couple days, so my card wasn't charged until it shipped, so they can't blame the activation time vs charge. After a week, I contacted them about the missing miles. Crickets.

The fact that offers disappear when added to Citi offers inidcates that this mess is probably operated by Citi on the back end, but the T&C only mentions American, which means they're taking responsibility for this crappy program, except when they don't.
CJ99 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Plat. Pro.
Weirdly, just got Lyft miles from the SimplyMiles offer in June, seemingly counter to the problems above. I'm sure I've had this activated for months, and this was a very rare time when I paid for Lyft via my Citi Aadvantage card (I pay for Lyft usually via Bilt or my CSP), so I'm not sure why I managed to earn points for it this time.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 9:47 pm

It’s taking about 7 days for my SM to post.

I find it’s reliable on my Citi AA card but other registered cards are hit or miss. When there’s a “Shop Online” link, I’ll jump into an incognito chrome with no tracking blockers and use the specific link from the portal which seems to speed things up.

The only time I had issues was when I got cute and applied an additional coupon and the T&C’s of that offer said no additional coupon.
Old Aug 26, 2024, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Received an email from SimplyMiles which contained an offer for PetSmart (1 mile per $1 spent). Logging on to Simplymiles from web or phone and searching found no such offer. But when I clicked through the email on the "add to card" link on my phone, the offer came up. I registered successfully and took a screenshot. Then spent $100- received no email about using a SimplyMiles offer. Logging back in to Petsmart still shows no Petsmart offers, and shows nothing about the offer being added. If I was a betting guy, I would drop some money on me never seeing these points, and SimplyMiles not giving them up... even though I have this:

... We shall see.
Old Sep 3, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Received an email from SimplyMiles which contained an offer for PetSmart (1 mile per $1 spent). Logging on to Simplymiles from web or phone and searching found no such offer. But when I clicked through the email on the "add to card" link on my phone, the offer came up. I registered successfully and took a screenshot. Then spent $100- received no email about using a SimplyMiles offer. Logging back in to Petsmart still shows no Petsmart offers, and shows nothing about the offer being added. If I was a betting guy, I would drop some money on me never seeing these points, and SimplyMiles not giving them up... even though I have this:

... We shall see.
As expected- Never saw the points. I'm not wasting the time to fight them about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.