Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances
Avis/Budget, Grubhub credits
  • these typically post to your account when your statement closes
Lyft credits
  • per the T&C, "An “Eligible Ride” is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides."
  • credits are applied to your Lyft account, not your Citi account
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2024 | 12:08 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
This thread is now 55 pages an Im sure the answer is somewhere...

With the Citi Exec now charging a fee for authorized users, can I swap out one authorized user for another without incurring an additional authorized user fee?
Old Oct 4, 2024 | 9:09 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
In July I had an award ticket ord lhr tlv. The ord to lhr was delayed and we would miss the connection. AA rebooked us flights ord ewr tlv. We had a hotel booked for London which we cancelled as soon as the delay was announced but it was past the cancellation time of 24 hours prior to check in. The hotele even with documentation of the delay would not refund the night. We ended up arriving in TLV a couple of hours earlier than the original itinerary. Would the travel insurance on the card cover the hotel cost in this situation?
Old Yesterday | 3:02 am
20 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by worldiswide
In July I had an award ticket ord lhr tlv. The ord to lhr was delayed and we would miss the connection. AA rebooked us flights ord ewr tlv. We had a hotel booked for London which we cancelled as soon as the delay was announced but it was past the cancellation time of 24 hours prior to check in. The hotele even with documentation of the delay would not refund the night. We ended up arriving in TLV a couple of hours earlier than the original itinerary. Would the travel insurance on the card cover the hotel cost in this situation?
Since this was a travel disruption, I don’t see why not. The best way to find out would be to call and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.