Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: End of Jan insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2018-19)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: End of Jan insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2018-19)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018 | 10:16 am
20 Countries Visited3M20 Years on Site

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Go into your account and look at how many EQMs you had last year. Then divide by 12,500. At least for me that provides an accurate number.
Old Feb 16, 2018 | 1:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
When I called they calculated it for me. I had 9,8XX of 12,500 and they gave me 3 stickers. Took all of about 2 minutes once I got an agent on the phone.
Old Feb 22, 2018 | 2:59 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I emailed and they calculated that I earned 6,407 miles and gave me 2 stickers accordingly. Do note that they take some time to post, I received this note in the email reply: "I am able to deposit two 500 mile upgrades into your account. It may take 24-48 hours before you see them on AA.com."
Old Feb 9, 2019 | 11:44 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone had success in obtaining partial stickers for 2019? I am getting ready to call and request (wife's account).
Old Feb 9, 2019 | 1:22 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Question ... if you still have status when the elite year resets, why does the upgrade counter need to reset? Is there a rationale for this? Seems like that would eliminate requests like this and seems to be a wash for AA if they otherwise give you partial certs by asking.
Old Feb 9, 2019 | 3:00 pm
30 Countries Visited500k100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by dickinson
Has anyone had success in obtaining partial stickers for 2019? I am getting ready to call and request (wife's account).
I had success for this (as a platinum). My girlfriend did not (as a gold).
Old Feb 9, 2019 | 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I had success for this (as a platinum). My girlfriend did not (as a gold).
I was able to get 2 stickers as well. Agent didn’t see how many miles I had on Jan 31, so you better have an idea of how many miles you had before it was reset.
Old Feb 9, 2019 | 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I emailed in last year, if I am remembering correctly I was 9 EQMs from hitting 12500, I was initially refused any certificates. The response was a bit weird, the agent worded it in such a way that she seemed surprised and confused that I would consider asking. As a result of the odd and definitely not generic response, I emailed her back to tell her that I completely understood that rules are rules and just explained that I thought it was worth asking since I had heard from several other people that had contacted them and received a partial allotment of the 4 - 500 mile stickers. She emailed me back telling me that she had just been researching the matter and was glad I emailed back and that she was happily adding 2 -500 mile certificates. I truly was grateful to get any, obviously the rules dictated that I earned 0 but at the same time I will admit I was bummed I didn't at least get 3. I will not be emailing or calling this year as I was not nearly as close to earning my next four.

I also would really appreciate if the counter would not reset as long as you keep status. It would be a nice added benefit that I can't imagine would really cost AA that much. It is a real bummer when you are just so close. It reminds me of a few years back when I missed Gold status by about 40 EQMs - that was before I was really paying close attention to status because I was splitting my flying pretty evenly between AA, DL & UA and never thought I'd reach status with any of them given the split. When I realized I was so close, it stung a bit and I was left wondering how close I was in previous years without even realizing. I notice and pay attention to all of the numbers/stats now and I kind of wish I didn't.
Old Feb 10, 2019 | 3:07 pm
uxb
50 Countries Visited1M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,91MM), WN
Originally Posted by tudorcity
I had approximately 10,000 miles towards my next group of 4 and received 3 upgrades after emailing in (now sitting on 30). AA Customer Service called my home line yesterday while I was at work (didn't leave a message) and then sent an email asking me to call in to discuss. But when I brought up my account on-line this morning in anticipation of calling in, I saw that they had deposited three upgrades dated yesterday. So no reason to call in now and I was pleased with the result.
I had just over 10000, but they gave me 2. Oh well.
Old Feb 18, 2019 | 11:10 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I emailed customer service after getting denied via plat service desk. I had about 4000 qualifying miles to next round of stickers. I got an email saying I was awarded 2 stickers for that mileage!
Old Feb 18, 2019 | 12:13 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Shot off an email, I should have been slightly over halfway, I flew HNL-DFW on the 31st landing on the 1st, but the 3584 miles went to the prior year and the 500 for the final leg SGF-DFW credited for 2019. I know there have to be deadlines somewhere, but it's worth a shot.
Old Feb 19, 2019 | 7:54 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: AA PPro
Glad to have read this, I was under 3,000 EQM from qualifying for a sticker pack when the clock reset, so I put in a request as well.

Edit update: AAdvantage deposited 2 stickers in my wife and my accounts, only took 72 hours to hear back.

Last edited by HiAperture; Feb 22, 2019 at 8:30 am
Old Feb 20, 2019 | 7:57 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Received 2 stickers after email, Gold
Old Feb 22, 2019 | 7:56 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP
Wife requested by email and was awarded 3. Platinum. She had over 10K towards earning 4.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 4, 2020 at 9:51 am Reason: Insert moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.