Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE 2021 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE 2021 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
I am just glad this was old, I was just getting over the nightmares of the hard as a rock freaking roll and the absolute disgusting chicken app... And seeing that stupid tart again.. Although lemon was the only edible one actually.. 4 days til my first airplane sundae in 2 years.. Hot fudge & butterscotch sauce both w 2 cherries & no nuts....Cant wait !!!
Old Dec 11, 2021, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I am just glad this was old, I was just getting over the nightmares of the hard as a rock freaking roll and the absolute disgusting chicken app... And seeing that stupid tart again.. Although lemon was the only edible one actually.. 4 days til my first airplane sundae in 2 years.. Hot fudge & butterscotch sauce both w 2 cherries & no nuts....Cant wait !!!
I, for one, wish these safety protocols were still in place, protecting us and the hero FAs who exist solely for our safety, not to serve us ice cream… SMH.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
My bad, it is short rib.
Here is on the pre-order menu for MIA-GRU.

I love this menu, the pasta & fish both really appeal to me. Also, the other international menu a few posts above with the paneer looks great. I wish some of these items would appear on LAX/JFK & LAX/MIA. Kind of tired of a grain & greens bowl, chicken cacciatore & that artichoke ravioli.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I love this menu, the pasta & fish both really appeal to me. Also, the other international menu a few posts above with the paneer looks great. I wish some of these items would appear on LAX/JFK & LAX/MIA. Kind of tired of a grain & greens bowl, chicken cacciatore & that artichoke ravioli.

But have you ever tried "seafood and greens bowl" on LAX-MIA? I had PTSD after eating this. They literally slapped a bunch of ingredients on the plate and said "yeah that's it! Let's serve customers like this".
Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by 985X

But have you ever tried "seafood and greens bowl" on LAX-MIA? I had PTSD after eating this. They literally slapped a bunch of ingredients on the plate and said "yeah that's it! Let's serve customers like this".
Soo GRooooooooos
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA

What is that? The first picture has at least 4 half slices of potato that don't even look to be cooked and uncooked zucchini? The first pic seems better than the second where they said the hell with cutting slices it will be faster to just put a whole potato on the plate. SMH at this dish??
Old Dec 21, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Anyone flown JFK-DEL or vv? Would love to see what the menus look like!
Menu for next week - JFK-DEL
  • Pan-seared Lamb ChopsPan-seared Lamb Chops
    creamy red skin mashed potatoes, grilled baby squash
  • Roasted Chicken BreastRoasted Chicken Breast
    peppercorn demi-glace, beluga lentils, squash medley with tomatoes
  • Shrimp BiryaniShrimp Biryani
    layered rice over shrimp, spicy spinach, red and yellow lentil stew
  • Kadai Sabzi (vegetarian)Kadai Sabzi (vegetarian)
    basmati rice with cumin, lentils with creamy tomato sauce, curried potatoes
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum
ORD-LHR
AA86
12/25/21
Flagship Business

Lounge
My husband and I stayed in the H/K Admirals Club as the Flagship lounge at ORD is still closed. When we said how much we missed it, the entry agent gave us a sympathetic “I know.” Although lounge was pretty full we were able to find a space to sit, snack, and keep our devices charged. There were a ton of kids in the place, which made it less peaceful. So many kids playing with their handheld games without headphones. Argh! (Side note: on our later BA flight, the FA told a parent to give the kids headphones or to turn the device off so as not to disturb the other passengers. That’s how it should be done!)

PDB
Choice of water, OJ, or champagne in plastic.

During this time the purser came by and introduced himself and the FA that would be serving us tonight. Both were very welcoming and personable!

Dinner, AKA “Looks can be deceiving”
I ordered the gluten free meal. When it was served my immediate reaction was “oh great, non-ripe fruit and dry chicken.” But, the taste proved otherwise!

Everything was served on real plates and in glasses. The starter included a salad and fruit plate. Also served at this time were pre-packaged gluten free cookies. Main course was a tasty chicken, carrots, dry mashed potatoes (made better with butter), and a purée I couldn’t quite figure out. Dessert options included cheese plate, sundae, or a cheesecake. I went with the sundae and our FA did great work at giving the right serving sizes of the toppings. The mid flight snack bar was well stocked and included gluten free options I could enjoy. Not pictured snack: the small fruit & protein plate and another brand of pre-packed, soft baked gluten free cookies (they were pretty good!).

Breakfast
My gluten free breakfast was a large plate of fruit and a pre-packaged yogurt. There was a warm option on the menu I likely could have had. But, without seeing the ingredient list for that meal, I was fine with what I was offered.

Overall, I was pleased with the gluten free meal. I’ve seen what some have looked like in the past and yikes. But this one delivered.

Also, our FAs were amazing on this flight! Our FA was very helpful in ensuring all my food was gluten free and that I had enough to eat and snack on. Our crew made multiple passes throughout the flight and refilled/provided drinks for those still awake. They were also attentive on breakfast service. I think it was within two minutes of waking up that the purser came by and asked, “ready for your breakfast?” They continued service up until they had to stop. I think the last breakfast served to a waking passenger was 30 minutes until landing.
Carfield, SW7London, DMPHL and 1 others like this.

Last edited by runpete; Dec 27, 2021 at 2:57 am Reason: Formatting, added commentary
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

Dec 22nd AA156 SEA-LHR B772 8pm departure.
Premium Economy. Vegetarian Lasagna for dinner, fruit plate for Breakfast. Fruit plate was freezing cold. I even started trembling after finished it..

I flew TK Y on the way back. TK gave Y pax amenity kit, which is larger and better than AA PE amenity kit. TK Y catering is also better than AA PE. If anyone is interested and mod allows, then I will post the pic😉
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond

Dec 22nd AA156 SEA-LHR B772 8pm departure.
Premium Economy. Vegetarian Lasagna for dinner, fruit plate for Breakfast. Fruit plate was freezing cold. I even started trembling after finished it..

I flew TK Y on the way back. TK gave Y pax amenity kit, which is larger and better than AA PE amenity kit. TK Y catering is also better than AA PE. If anyone is interested and mod allows, then I will post the pic😉
I am interested.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by apeortdz
I am interested.

Dec 26th TK1988 LHR-IST (Similar Distance as AA's LAS-ORD) A21N Economy Class

Dec 27th TK79 IST-SFO B77W Economy Class Menu

Dec 27th TK79 IST-SFO B77W Economy Class Drink List

Dec 27th TK79 IST-SFO B77W Economy Class First Meal Service

Dec 27th TK79 IST-SFO B77W Economy Class Second Meal Service

Metal Cutlery in Y all the way. I know it's an insult comparing TK with AA, because I will happily choose TK Y meal over AA domestic first and Intl PE meal anytime
apeortdz likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA slvr, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Just wanted to report I had two surprisingly good meals in J on AA going and coming from LHR. The first was on LHR-CLT AA731 and was the chicken - not the chicken breast that I see mentioned above a couple of times, but more of a spatchcocked piece of chicken. Very tasty. PHL-LHR AA728 I had the short rib and it was also very good. Both also had very nice side salads and were just good meals. No photos, sorry!
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:44 am

Air Malta vs. AA comparison

Air Malta
Zurich-Valeta
October 1, 2021
A320 Business Class
Afternoon snack.

Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by dcmike
Just wanted to report I had two surprisingly good meals in J on AA going and coming from LHR. The first was on LHR-CLT AA731 and was the chicken - not the chicken breast that I see mentioned above a couple of times, but more of a spatchcocked piece of chicken. Very tasty. PHL-LHR AA728 I had the short rib and it was also very good. Both also had very nice side salads and were just good meals. No photos, sorry!
I had that chicken entree yesterday too, on the LHR-DFW flight 51. It was very good and enjoyed the broccoli and mac and cheese that accompanied it. The starter was a zucchini and asparagus. I'd comment on the salad but didn't eat it because the balsamic dressing was frozen so I couldn't eat it. Other options were the Snapper, fried paneer, and corned beef (no steak option).

I passed on the one hour before landing choice of BBQ sandwich or asian noodle salad (by the way both which would be a huge welcome from the kibbles and bits you serve on domestic F). The mid flight snacks were plentiful and glad to see them back. There were three baskets full plus mini sandwiches (veggie and something else I couldn't identify but possibly salvaged and cut up pieces from the domestic F sandwich).
dcmike and Seat 1F like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Woofbite
Air Malta
Zurich-Valeta
October 1, 2021
A320 Business Class
Afternoon snack.

quit making us feel bad about our choice airline, some of us were forced into it lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.