Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight vs Trip Credits ???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021 | 2:20 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I have a $400 Flight Credit that requires me to begin travel by March 15, 2022. It was originally booked in March 2021, but I did not take the trip.

I’d like to use the Flight Credit to book a $450 ticket flying in February 2022, but there is a risk that this trip will also be cancelled.

If this new trip is cancelled, should I expect American Airlines to give me a Flight Credit that expires on March 15, 2022 (if so, it might be difficult for me to use)? Or would I get a Trip Credit that I have an additional year to use? Or something else?

Sorry, I’ve read a few threads and this still seems confusing to me.
Old Dec 29, 2021 | 2:28 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Focke
Only 1 can be applied per flight
Only one flight credit can be used on the web site. More than one flight credit can be used, but you have to call to do it. I have done this several times within the past few months.

Up to 8 trip credits can be used on the web site.
36902BRF likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by veeRob
It wasn't Reservations, but your post inspired me to poke the bear a few more times. After some crazy back and forth, I finally received a Trip Voucher from all of my Flight Vouchers. Amazing. Got lots of flying to do in the next year. Thanks for the reply, good to know about the liason desk #.
Hello - did you call the Executive Liaison desk for help converting the flight credits into trip credits?
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 2:00 pm

Do you have to be a platinum member to called the executive liaison desk? The first person I called wasn't really helpful.. if I keep calling back, will it go to different reps?
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 2:21 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by ms40
Hello - did you call the Executive Liaison desk for help converting the flight credits into trip credits?
To be honest I don't remember the channels I went through to get it done, it's been awhile now. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.