Search

Experiences using overseas AA Websites?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021 | 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
Experiences using overseas AA Websites?

Hi All,

I didn't see a thread related to this; mods, please merge if there is one.

I'm based in the US, but have some upcoming travel that's meant to be covered by an overseas client. When attempting to book via aa.com, upon checkout, I received a message stating that to use an overseas credit card, I would need to use the AA website that corresponds to that country. Not a problem, but, if I go to that country's page, and log in, I am immediately redirected to the US version, since they recognize my account. So basically, I am left with two options:

1) Book via AA.com, using my card/company's card, and ask for reimbursement.

2) Use the AA website that client is in, don't log into my account, and then when filling out my passenger details, enter my AA number/Global Entry number, etc.

My preference would be option #2, but I wanted to know what people's experiences were--if you've booked w/o being logged into your account, have you had any issues with getting the booking details to show up in your account, on the app, or having miles post?

This seems like a straightforward issue, and admittedly I'm probably overthinking it, but figured someone on here has probably experienced this situation before.

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2021 | 2:18 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Have you tried using a VPN? If that doesn't work, option #2 should work. Adding your FFN to the reservation should work just fine if you're not able to log into your account when making the initial booking.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 19, 2021 | 7:16 am
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
i live in the UK but i usually use my US based credit cards to purchase all of my tickets.

the other day i used one of my UK credit cards, was kicked to the UK site and just purchased as a "guest" and manually entered in all my frequent flyer info...and because i purchased via the UK portal, i was unable to insert my TSA number which i did after purchase and updated my passenger info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.