Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre order meals no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Not getting a selection option for AA93 tomorrow either. I did pick a meal on AA92 on the way over and the menu choices on board were entirely different than the pre-flight on-line menu. Maybe it does not matter! Anyone had a recent daytime flight (e.g., TATL) that can share (recall) the lunch choices?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Seems to be back up & running, certainly for my JFK-LHR at start of Dec
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Still not working for a mid November trip while using "My Trip" without logging, since I don't have an AA account.

"Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later."

PS
Sorry for the OT, but there has always been a top of the page banner saying "Name Surname - thank you for being a valued member? or is a new thing?
As I said, I have no AAdvantage account.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Up and running for me as of an hour ago (computer, safari)
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Are we sure this is an IT issue? I was thinking it might be a supply chain issue with their caterers. When I flew ORD-ATH this summer I preordered my meal and when we were in the air the purser came over to be an apologized that what I ordered wasn't catered on the flight and asked me to select another option. I do like the pre-order option so I can eat in the terminal before departure if I don't particularly care for the meals being offered.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Are we sure this is an IT issue?
Yes.
wrp96 and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Back for me as well. DFW - LHR and MUC - CLT
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
The hamster that runs AA's IT has to take breaks some times people.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by wrp96
the hamster that runs aa's it has to take breaks some times people.
😂 💀
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:54 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I ping'ed AA Twitter about the issue. Not long after, I start seeing reports on FT that it's working again. You're all welcome. <sarcasm end>
wrp96 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Still down for me. But I'm not going to create an AA account to test if it works when logged in.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Are we sure this is an IT issue? I was thinking it might be a supply chain issue with their caterers. When I flew ORD-ATH this summer I preordered my meal and when we were in the air the purser came over to be an apologized that what I ordered wasn't catered on the flight and asked me to select another option. I do like the pre-order option so I can eat in the terminal before departure if I don't particularly care for the meals being offered.
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Yes.
Flew ORD-LHR and CDG-ORD in the last week. The pre-order button was there, but it wasn't accurately recording the choice of meals, and defaulting to display the last option no matter what was chosen. We called AA, who could see the choice we had made which was not the same that was being presented to us on aa.com, so yes I believe it is/was an IT issue. Choices were properly recorded in the system and available to FA ... Im guessing this did lead to unecessary calls to AA, so hopefully it gets fixed.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:05 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Likely the former. Putting aside the fact that DL has pre order options (not sure about UA), I don’t see how it is a positive to remove the option. If anything, I’d think that AA would want it to align catering with actual demand.
Not only does UA have it, but they also regularly provide several more options on-line then they do on board. Also, portion sizes are much bigger!
Old Nov 19, 2022, 12:07 am

Flying LHR > BOS next month and I was able to preselect from four different options via the AA app.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Not able to preorder for an upcoming eyw-ord flight. Getting the same error as mentioned above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.