Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Originally Posted by TWA884
You didn't write what time of day it was and we don't how long the pilot had been and was going to remain on duty that day.
it was 7pm and that’s interesting I didn’t think that they feed the pilots regardless of route length.

Either way a very nice move by the FA. That was above and beyond. Salad was pretty good too
Old Jan 4, 2023, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Is anyone struggling to have the pre-order link pull up? I will call issues on a different thread in October I tried on the Android app and on the PC website with the same result. This is specific to the last 12 hours
Traveliter likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Resort Ho
Lunch
787-9

Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by salukimike
Lunch
787-9

What in tarnation?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
What in tarnation?
that's the golden chicken dish. Except for it seems someone smashed the chicken instead of the potatoes.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Resort Ho
Originally Posted by bse118
that's the golden chicken dish. Except for it seems someone smashed the chicken instead of the potatoes.
When they first handed it to me I though it was scrabled eggs.

taste was on par with its looks. Sundae made up for it
Old Jan 7, 2023, 12:47 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
What does it mean when it says that there is hot poached salmon available upon request?

I’ve never seen this wording before on a flight menu.

Old Jan 7, 2023, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 355F1
What does it mean when it says that there is hot poached salmon available upon request?

Russian Roulette. You may get a nice piece of warm salmon on top, or you may utterly revolting thinly sliced smoked(?), crispy, salmon on top that ruins the whole dish (as I posted in the Fall in the 2022 thread.) I'd skip.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 2:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by 355F1

It means that the salmon is packaged on the side, so if you don't like salmon or are vegetarian, you can ask the flight attendant to serve the bowl without the fish.
wrp96 and 355F1 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EP
Or it won’t get catered at all, so you just get the bowl without protein. Happened 2x now. The bowl is ok, but not a lot on a 5 hour flight with no salmon.
wrp96, DALtoAAL, 355F1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by la2clt
Or it won’t get catered at all, so you just get the bowl without protein. Happened 2x now. The bowl is ok, but not a lot on a 5 hour flight with no salmon.
This was my experience on recent RSW-ORD flight, no salmon catered. Made the meal pretty miserable.
355F1 and LowValueCustomer like this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 11:34 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by chrisny2
It means that the salmon is packaged on the side, so if you don't like salmon or are vegetarian, you can ask the flight attendant to serve the bowl without the fish.
Originally Posted by la2clt
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
This was my experience on recent RSW-ORD flight, no salmon catered. Made the meal pretty miserable.
This is a 6+hr flight PHX-OGG. I will pass this info on to my gf--I am going with the Short Rib.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
I wouldn't be too sad. Here's the salmon I got on that dish once; it still haunts my dreams.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34748458-post1801.html
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I wouldn't be too sad. Here's the salmon I got on that dish once; it still haunts my dreams.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34748458-post1801.html
There needs to be an express trigger warning on this link
Sydneyberlin and BlooJoo like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 1:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by denCSA
AA1456: DFW-SLC: 1/1/23 @2p
Lunch
A321

Great service provided by the FA serving first class. Options were cauliflower lasagna (my pre-order choice) or the charcuterie plate. Drinks were free-flowing and no requests had to be made for refills, they just came.

It was pretty good as such, I just couldn't figure out where the 'cauliflower' fit into it? The broccoli salad was only okay.
Either the ricotta filling has mashed cauliflower in it, or the "pasta" sheets are made with cauliflower instead of flour.
wrp96 and BWISkyGuy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.